PDA

View Full Version : GSSE-W Group Suggestions

zjeepin
02-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I think we all learned some planning lessons from GSSE this year in harlan with the lack of forethought on groups and general trail planning.

For those who weren't at Harlan there were several attendees that travelled a long way to wheel and ended up kind of in the dark as far as who was interested in what trails and how the find the trails they wanted to run. Personally I felt bad for those people and would like to make an effort to prevent it this time around

that being said i'd like to make some suggestions for groups just to provoke thought and feedback on the matter.

The initial list is basically based on tire size/build level for starters. We definately want to keep GSSE as informal as possible while making sure everyone has a group..

39 and up
35 to 38
31 to 35 (breakage is OK)
31 to 35 (drive it home like you brought it)

That would yield the following in each group:
39+
Trey (zjeepin)
Sean (S-10Seanzy)
Chris
Travis
Cam (ATL ZJ)
Pearce (Pearce)
Kirby?
Maxx? (zj95maxx)

35 to 38
Ryan (rstrucks)
Michael from ACC
Justin w/ ACC crew
Josh- customer of ACC
Nick and his friends
jdconti and friends
Joe (slim616)
Jared (SirFuego)... if he comes

31 to 35 moderate
Brian from ACC
rradford
OHIOZJ?
Russ (pearce's friend)
Mike (northgazj)
Brannon (WJ Vol)
Terry- ACC customer

31 to 35 mild
Chase (IZVERG)- Maxx' brother in a xterra
Ben (Sporer65) in a ZJ
Scott (scott) in a ZJ
All the xterra people and motocop75

lets get some discussion going on about this and do our best to be a little more organized than before..

-trey

zj95maxx
02-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I am game for the group you put me in. That is, if Pat's truck is out of the shop in time for tow...

zjeepin
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I am game for the group you put me in. That is, if Pat's truck is out of the shop in time for tow...

how do you feel about body damage maxx? rail trail is what we are planning for saturday and i understand (i've never run it) that is pretty much a given for a full bodied rig..

you guys gotten any updates on the tow rig?

zj95maxx
02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Honestly I don't really care anymore. I havent really gotten that bad of damage in past but that doesnt mean I will whine if I do. I am prob going to have the doors on just because of the coldness, but I do not care if they get beaten to a pulp, as long as I can at least cut them off if they dont open:D

I only have a t-case skid, I hear that trail is pretty nasty to the undercarage. Due to the weather I haven't really had time to work on my rig, so whatever shap it is in now is how it is going to be.

but yeah, glass, body damage is not a bother to me.
If I have to get damage to my full body to see some big rigs hit the gas, then so be it.

I am going to try to get Pat to call the body shop today to get an update on the situation.

zjeepin
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
sweet, thats what we like to hear!

ATL ZJ
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
but yeah, glass, body damage is not a bother to me.
If I have to get damage to my full body to see some big rigs hit the gas, then so be it.

If we are hitting the throttle, you'll need to too! ;) From what I'm told Rail Trail when wet is hit it from the parking lot territory.

WJvol
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
that sounds fine.. there are a few trail that I haven't done that I want to do that are great for the mild group, but may be getting some damage if it's wet and what not. 13, 39? i think, and it would be cool to try 15 sometime that weekend. just some thoughts.

edit: moderate group, not mild group.

paulkeith
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Since I'm a stupid rookie noob, can you hook it up with screennames next to people's who you've listed by first name? I'm trying to figure em all out but still haven't met most of you guys.

edit: cool man, thanks. I at least had pearce figured out :D

ATL ZJ
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Since I'm a stupid rookie noob, can you hook it up with screennames next to people's who you've listed by first name? I'm trying to figure em all out but still haven't met most of you guys.

I just added the screennames I know to Trey's post.

Sporer65
02-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm glad that we got too groups for the guys on smaller side. I'm going to have the Jeep full of passengers so it works good for me.

SirFuego
02-09-2010, 06:26 PM
That works for me. Body damage obviously isn't a concern, but I know I can't keep up with the big boys, so that makes the most sense. I hope the weather holds out for me.

What are we doing in terms of communication? I have a couple two-way radios (well, one, but my buddy has the other right now), but I don't know I'll be able to find time to wire up my CB.

Oh an someone school me -- what is ACC?

zukinut
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
ACC= ACCTOYOTA.com, or atlanta custom creations. watch the trucks vid, cam was sportin our shirt for some adverstisement.

jdconti9484
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
My rig is on 39.5's now and the rig that is coming with me is on 40's but this looks fine with me. I've made ALOT of changes to my rig since Harlan so this will be a little bit of a breakin run for me.

ATL ZJ
02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
My rig is on 39.5's now and the rig that is coming with me is on 40's but this looks fine with me. I've made ALOT of changes to my rig since Harlan so this will be a little bit of a breakin run for me.

Good deal man, how's the backhalf project working out?

There have been a lot of people jumping up in tire size. So the two bigger groups may be doing the same kind of trails but separately. I wouldn't mind mixing it up some on sunday too as long as the groups stay small. Seems like there is a lot more waiting and watching than actual wheeling once group size exceeds 6 or 7 rigs.

jdconti9484
02-09-2010, 08:31 PM
yeah i agree seems like the way it has been planned the groups are good sizes. The backhalf is done just finishing up some loose ends now.

scott
02-09-2010, 08:55 PM
that sounds fine.. there are a few trail that I haven't done that I want to do that are great for the mild group, but may be getting some damage if it's wet and what not. 13, 39? i think, and it would be cool to try 15 sometime that weekend. just some thoughts.

do you have lockers? have you ever done trail 39 or 15? if not i would not suggest it, unless you dont mind to be pulled a lot!

as far a rail trail goes, it is always wet, there is a creek that runs at the bottem of it, if anyone makes it up the first climb it would be awesome, i have seen an xj on 33's do the whole trail with no body damage after winching the first hill

also i am game for any group, would rather be in the 35's to 38's or the moderate group though :)

WJvol
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
No I haven't, I have just heard good things, and they were just thoughts. I know they would be pushing it for my jeep, but don't mind a little damage and a challenge.....kinda tired of 3, 22, 5 and all that, wanna try new stuff.

scott
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
sounds cool to me, was just letting you know, but those trails really depend on the weather, if wet, the top of 15 is nearly impossible :D

slim616
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
bad news guys if it don't stop snowing here soon i won't be able to make it. ive been plowing snow since fri and have had about 9hrs sleep. With this next storm comming in im not sure how many more days ill be out working. i was hoping to work on the rig at the end of this week to get get it ready but now there talking about another large storm coming in sat. dumping more snow on the 40+ inches we will have after tomorrow. i will know for sure by sat if i'm going to make it or not.

zj95maxx
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
No contest then?;)

Sucks if you cant make it man, I am lacking a towtruck now, so my shit might not be there but I will be there just without a rig.

rstrucks
02-10-2010, 12:25 AM
yeah i agree seems like the way it has been planned the groups are good sizes. The backhalf is done just finishing up some loose ends now.

Pics? or are you going to make us wait?

bad news guys if it don't stop snowing here soon i won't be able to make it. ive been plowing snow since fri and have had about 9hrs sleep. With this next storm comming in im not sure how many more days ill be out working. i was hoping to work on the rig at the end of this week to get get it ready but now there talking about another large storm coming in sat. dumping more snow on the 40+ inches we will have after tomorrow. i will know for sure by sat if i'm going to make it or not.

Farm that shit out! There has got to be somebody you trust that can do some of that for you. Hope you can make it man.

No contest then?;)

Sucks if you cant make it man, I am lacking a towtruck now, so my shit might not be there but I will be there just without a rig.

U-haul? What did the insurance company get him for a rental, anything?

jdconti9484
02-10-2010, 08:53 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/jdconti84/th_0206001552b.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/jdconti84/?action=view&current=0206001552b.jpg&newest=1)

jdconti9484
02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey Joe you need somebody to come help push snow or work on your zj let me know my WJ is almost done and I'm off work until march.

rstrucks
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Is anyone in the 35-38" tire group going to have a hi-lift with them on the trail. I want to remove my spare tire carrier (now useless with 5 on 4.5" bp) that also has my hi-lift mounted to it. I just don't want to be "that guy" if I need a jack.

Thanks,
Ryan

SirFuego
02-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I do. I hate those damn things, but it's the most effective way for me to jack up my Jeep. But no guarantees I'll be there -- and I just checked the weather forecast, too :(

Anyone in that group gonna have air? I have the OBA conversion on my list for this weekend, but just curious in case I don't get it done since I have a driveshaft bolt that is rounded off and there is no way my skid plate is coming off easily in my garage, so I gotta figure that out first since there is basically no room to get much of anything except a wrench onto it.

scott
02-12-2010, 06:53 PM
if needed i have a high-lift jack and a 15lb co2 tank

OverkillZJ
02-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I do. I hate those damn things, but it's the most effective way for me to jack up my Jeep. But no guarantees I'll be there -- and I just checked the weather forecast, too :(

Anyone in that group gonna have air? I have the OBA conversion on my list for this weekend, but just curious in case I don't get it done since I have a driveshaft bolt that is rounded off and there is no way my skid plate is coming off easily in my garage, so I gotta figure that out first since there is basically no room to get much of anything except a wrench onto it.

I just realized I forgot to call you back, my bad! I have the powertank from the buggy we could take for air - one problem solved!