PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Jeep ZJ 5.9L, Beautiful Build FS!

RockZJ311
02-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone, Ive had a change of plans and my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited is going up for sale. As most of you know, the 5.9L ZJ is one of the best Jeeps ever made and given their production numbers it is safe to say they are pretty rare. Ive owned the Jeep for about seven months and it has been an incredibly reliable, safe, and comfortable vehicle. To this date it is the nicest Jeep I have owned and I am sad I have to put it up for sale. I drive the Jeep every day and there would be no issue hoping in it and driving it on a long trip. It drives amazingly well on the street for a lifted Jeep. Ive taken it on 4+ hour trips without issue and wouldn’t hesitate to do so if given the chance.

This 5.9 has been run on Synthetic oils since new and the Jeep requires premium fuel, either 92 or better to run efficiently. The Jeep has a fresh oil change with a K&N Gold filter and will not need a change for a few thousand miles. The Jeep has a TON of new parts and is what originally attracted me to it. Here is a rundown of what it has got as per the PO.

New upper spring isolators, front bump stops/bump stop cups, front axles (new, not rebuilt), hitch (new OEM), hitch harness (new OEM dealer installed version), tail lights (Crown OEM replacements), front brake lines (Goodrich stainless steel), cooling fans (new OEM), radiator cap (new OEM), rear wiper motor (Mopar rebuilt), hatch struts, hatch glass struts, hatch glass release button, license plate lenses (has LED lights in it right now), rear track bar, overhead console (new OEM), shifter knob (new OEM), carpet (new OEM), console lid (new OEM), transfer case shifter assembly (new OEM), shifter bezel (new OEM), TC bezel (new OEM), steering column upper/lower trim (new OEM), cluster bezel (new OEM), steering wheel (new OEM), headlight switch (new OEM), heated seat/rear wiper switch assembly (new OEM), turn signal multifunction switch (new OEM), seat belt adjuster knobs (new OEM), front/rear/cargo liners (new CatchAll), speakers (new 6.75" front/rear doors, 5.25" sound bar, Infinity Kappa), head unit (new RB1), battery (new Interstate), passenger/driver's side kick panel trim (new OEM), rear passenger side quarter panel trim (new OEM), DDM (used OEM), key fobs (used OEM), keys (new OEM round-head), faux wood dash trim (new OEM), brake pedal cover (new OEM), emergency brake handle (new OEM), tilt steering knob (new OEM), under hood insulation (new OEM), front corner lights (new aftermarket clear), front turn signals (new aftermarket EU), there is likely more that was overlooked.

The modifications to the rig include:

- ARB Winch Bumper painted to match the Platinum 5.9 PS4 paint, with D-Rings
- 5" Rough Country Lift
- Rubicon Express Front upper adjustable control arms
- JKS rear adjustable trac-bar
- Bilstein 5100’s up front
- JKS Bar Pin Eliminators up front
- Goodrich brake lines
- Jeep XJ rebuilt front driveshaft
- New 1310-1330 Spicer combo joint out back
- Warn differential skid
- Spidertrax wheel spacers
- Brand new drilled and slotted rotors at all four corners with ceramic race pads
- Hella BlackMagic’s on the front bumper wired into the factory foglight switch
- Quadratec CB mount with Firestik antenna wired to a Cobra 29 WX NW ST NightWatch CB (this may be coming with me!)
- Brand new K&N FIPK GenII Cold Air Intake
- New badging all around the Jeep
- New 44A rear end swapped in with less than 60K miles on it.
- New 33x12.5x16 BFGoodrich KM2 tires
- New Argent AEV Bridger wheels (16x9)
- 5.9 Hood Vents painted to match Argent wheels (very, very nice touch)
- Doug Thorley Headers
- 3" full exhaust all the way back
- High Flow cat
- Magnaflow large body muffler
- Vanco Big Brake Upgrade with brand new drilled and slotted rotors
- New European Spec Glass Headlights with H4 bulbs
- New European Spec Turn Signal Lights
- Mopar Performance ECU
- WJ/TJ RB1 Navigation System/Headunit wired into the Jeep with integrated IPod Controller, Navigation, and Sirius satellite radio built in! Reads “Jeep” on screen when you start the ZJ up. Probably my favorite thing about the Jeep to be honest
- Pioneer amplifier, Pioneer subwoofer, and band pass box wired into the factory amplifier. It is funny sometimes and I think the RCA cables need to be replaced
- Clear Corner Lenses
- Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer
- New rear wheel speed sensors
- Mopar hitch and Jeep hitch cover
- New e-brake cables and the e-brake has been adjusted to work properly
- JKS Quick-Disconnects
- Front windows tinted 20% to match the rear
- Rugged Ridge HD Inverted-T Steering setup
- New Mopar Motor Mounts
- New Radiator Hoses and 180* Thermostat

As for the Jeep here as some specs:

- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited
- 5.9L motor
- 46Re transmission
- HD NV249 transfer case
- 3.73 gears
- 168,xxx miles (don’t let the miles scare you, this is one of the nicest 5.9’s youll ever see!)
- Full leather interior
- No sunroof, it’s a rare 5.9 being as it doesn’t have one! Most came from the factory with it. I prefer to not have one, the extra overhead space is really nice
- Black headliner specific to 5.9’s
- Heated seats
- And all the other goodies most 1998 Limited’s came with

Known Issues:

- The rear wiper stopped working last snowstorm. Cheap part to replace
- There is some rust on the underside of the driver side doors and hatch but nothing that some platinum POR-15 couldn’t fix. I was going to do it this spring I just wont own it long enough
- ABS light is on and I ran the diagnostics on it and nothing comes up. The front wheel speed sensors need to be replaced. The braking has never been funny or the ABS kicked in during breaking, just the lights on. I haven’t noticed any change in the rig and didn’t know the light was on for a week.

Buyer Options:

- The 33” BFGoodrich KM2 tires and AEV wheels that are currently on the Jeep may be coming with me. I will instead put a Brand NEW set of 33” BFGoodrich KM2 tires wrapped around a set of Jeep Rubicon Moab wheels on it.
- The buyer also has the option to purchase the Jeep without any tires or wheels on it for 1K off of the price. Some Jeepers have an extra set of tires and wheels laying around that they have nothing to do with so this is an option for you potential buyers.

I am looking for $8,500 for the Jeep with the AEV’s on it or $8,300 for the Jeep with the Rubicon Moab wheels on it, OBO. Keep in mind the AEV’s and Moab’s have the exact same tires on them with the exact same mileage. I need it sold quickly and am looking to make a deal, but please don’t lowball me on it. Everyone knows what the 5.9L is worth so please don’t throw me a ridiculous offer, I will not acknowledge it. I have found a newer Jeep that I am looking to get behind the wheel of so the sooner I sell the 5.9 the better.

You can contact me directly at tecronic@hotmail.com , through a PM, or call me on my cell phone (five-seven-oh) 242-8868. The Jeep is currently located in Milford, PA 18337 and I have no problem with potential buyers to come take a look at her and take her for a spin.

More pictures can be viewed in my post over on NAGCA!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/RockZJ/SnowEdit.jpg

http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?p=317080&posted=1#post317080

Thanks!

RockZJ