PDA

View Full Version : Stay The Trail needs your assistance!

Stay The Trail
01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Well folks... the time has come. Stay The Trail has started to outgrow its shoes, and in light of this, we're looking for some additional help from the OHV community to help us continue to spread the responsible recreation ethic that is the first step towards maintaining our OHV access on public lands! :thumbsup:

Our plan for this next summer, and leading into the future, is to have multiple outreach vehicles (and yes, that means we're going to be hiring a seasonal trailhead outreach person... more details on that later this winter) getting the word out within the state of Colorado. We are looking at a smaller set-up, but something that can still tow a small box trailer with a couple ATVs. We need your help to make this happen. The land managers are seeing us as a very useful tool to help promote responsible recreation, which is obviously a huge plus for us.

So here's the deal, and please spread this as far and wide as possible within the forums of the 4x4 community... :D

We are going to run this as a bit of a competition. We have a PayPal account* that is accessible off the www.staythetrail.org homepage... Its on the lefthand side, the big orange button that says "DONATE"

After you fill in the donation information, click the "review donation" button at the bottom... Now here's the important part! There is a small box that says "special instructions for merchant"... In that box, I need for you to type in "Stay The Trail - Mallcrawlin.com". Why? Because the way this is going to work is that any forum collectively giving us more than $1000 will get a smaller forum sticker on the vehicle under the heading of "This vehicle purchased thanks to members of: ...." The forum with the highest donation level will get a windshield banner as a showing of our appreciation. This vehicle will be seen by thousands of people around the state, so this is also a chance to help promote your favorite forums. :hail:

The contest/donation period closes on March 15th. That gives us 2 months to make it happen. I will provide weekly updates on total donation amounts.

For anyone wanting to use a check instead, please make checks payable to:
Responsible Recreation Foundation
P.O. Box 620252
Littleton, CO 80162
In the memo line... write "Stay The Trail - Mallcrawlin.com" so that we can track this.

The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your donations are tax-deductible as well... :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/29cm64y.jpg

For more information, feel free to contact Justin - justin@staythetrail.org Please feel free to spread this around to different forums, in fact, I encourage it. If you move it, please change the "mallcrawlin.com" to the correct forum...

*The PayPal account is still under the name of COHVCO Foundation. As many of you know, we changed the name from COHVCO Foundation to Responsible Recreation Foundation early last year, but many of the bank accounts have not had name changes completed yet.

BigDaveZJ
01-13-2010, 03:38 PM
So what happens if I just go over to your house and put a MallCrawlin sticker on the truck? Lol.

STT is a great program guys, and does a lot of good for keeping the Colorado trails open.

And if your banker was as awesome as me the name would've been changed by now, lol.

$100 on the way!

Stay The Trail
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Remember that "stay the trail sticker" paintjob I threatened a couple days ago? :smt112

Thanks Dave!

Stay The Trail
01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
As promised:

Mallcrawlin - $100
Colorado4x4 - $9

Thanks guys/gals... and remember, the donation period goes until March 15th so keep 'em coming :D

Stay The Trail
01-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Weekly Totals:

Mallcrawlin.com - $110.00
Colorado4x4.org - $24.00

ATL ZJ
01-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Do you guys completely limit your efforts to Colorado?

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Cam, for the time being it is just CO. Justin and I have talked many times about the benefits of other states having this program, and I hope that eventually someday that the program can go nationwide, but for now it is just CO.

Stay The Trail
02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Currently we are constrained to Colorado due to the source of the vast majority of our funding. The program itself is mainly funded through the OHV Registration program here in Colorado, administered by Colorado State Parks. The $25.25 that is paid by unlicensed vehicles (and some licensed ones) gets split 3 ways... $0.25 goes into the Colorado Search and Rescue Fund, which helps to prevent local search and rescue organizations from having to charge the people they help. The remaining $25 has a few bucks shaved off (think $2 or $3) to pay for administration fees, and then the balance is put into a grant fund. That fund helps to provide for the stewardship of riding/OHV opportunities in Colorado. Stay The Trail receives nearly $250,000 of that per year to fund the program, but as grants are done a couple years in advance, we have outgrown our shoes through the current grant funding we are receiving. That said, I have done a couple of events out of State, but they have had some special funding considerations included. We are beginning to license materials to out-of-state groups to use in their program materials (Canada and Iceland included) but as far as the bulk of our program and the educational outreach, we currently are not spending much time outside Colorado's border. Now of course, the ethics we promote are universal, so any clubs or individuals that would like materials for their area, I encourage them to contact me. justin@staythetrail.org Does that help? :D

That said, here are the weekly totals:

Mallcrawlin.com - $110.00
Colorado4x4.org - $79.00
Lunatic4x4.org - $45.00
Trail-recon.com - $25.00

BigDaveZJ
03-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Stole this update Justin just put up on CO4x4:

Sorry folks... been on vacation for a couple weeks, and then jumped down to Kentucky for a conference with the BLM, USFS, Tread Lightly!, and Leave No Trace...

Here are the new Weekly Totals:

Mallcrawlin.com - $160.00
Colorado4x4.org - $99.00
Trail-recon.com - $25.00
Lunatic4x4.org - $100.00

Come on folks... Even a couple bucks here and there adds up.

This little contest goes until March 15th. Your help is greatly appreciated :D

Gotta say it's freaking awesome that some of you guys have stepped up and we're beating some bigger, local to CO forums. Good job guys!

Stay The Trail
03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Um, Dave...

and it was just a matter of time...

Colorado4x4.org - $179.00
Trail-recon.com - $75.00
Lunatic4x4.org - $100.00

The mallcrawlers just got bumped. Lets see some more healthy competition going here folks :D

Get that lead back!!!

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-10-2010, 01:49 AM
J-Bomb,

Count me in for $20. I'll be sending payment tomorrow. I'll get Jimmy to register on here and hopefully get him to donate another dime or two. :D

-E

Stay The Trail
03-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Jimmy drives a TJ. He don't belong here :D

Just tell him to donate, you know... since it must be nice to be the son of a doctor :cool:

Thanks in advance for the donation Elliot

Stay The Trail
03-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Alrighty... Final Day.

Anything that makes it to our Paypal account by midnight tonight, or to the PO Box by Friday will be counted.

Muchas Gracias!!! :D

Totals:
Colorado4x4.org - $179.00
Trail-recon.com - $75.00
Lunatic4x4.org - $100.00