PDA

View Full Version : Disposing of old gas

ajmorell
01-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Now that I got my engine back and I'll be putting it back in to the ZJ soon it got me thinking about what the hell to do with the gas that is in the tank. IIRC there is almost a full tank that has been sitting for over a year. In the rush to get shit sorted out before I went back to school I never added any Stabil or anything to it. Getting the gas out of the tank won't be a problem, I just haven't ever heard, seen or read where the heck to dispose of the old gas. Any suggestions?

...and no burning it isn't a viable option.:mrgreen:

ATL ZJ
01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Set it outside in the sun in a shallow wide container and let it evaporate.

paulkeith
01-13-2010, 02:29 PM
21. How do I dispose of hazardous waste?

The following are examples of hazardous waste: oil based paint, antifreeze, gasoline, automotive oils, etc. For disposal inquires call Kent County at 336-2570.

http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=428

:flipoff2:

OverkillZJ
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I usually run that crap in my lawnmower, haha. Otherwise, fireball? :D

ajmorell
01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
21. How do I dispose of hazardous waste?

The following are examples of hazardous waste: oil based paint, antifreeze, gasoline, automotive oils, etc. For disposal inquires call Kent County at 336-2570.

http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=428

:flipoff2:

:finga: Perfect....you did the work so I didn't have to :D

I usually run that crap in my lawnmower, haha. Otherwise, fireball? :D

Maybe I'll sneak that shit into my old man's lawnmower.....:D

I wish I had a good place to set it off but the neighboors, my old man and the county probably wouldn't care for that.

DJJordache
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I usually run that crap in my lawnmower
x2 or just run it in my CJ5 it will drink anything:D

SirFuego
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Otherwise, fireball? :D

Just like that gallon of gas we needed to start a fire with wet wood at GSE a couple years ago :-D

BigClay
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Ask me how I singed my eyebrows once... :D

OverkillZJ
01-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Just like that gallon of gas we needed to start a fire with wet wood at GSE a couple years ago :-D

I forgot about that!:smt043

ATL ZJ
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
When I used to work at a lawnmower shop during high school, half of our spring business came from morons who reused stale gas and it gummed up the carburetors. Just saying be careful. Matt you must have some huge monster mower that can take it like a champ.

ajmorell
01-13-2010, 05:04 PM
When I used to work at a lawnmower shop during high school, half of our spring business came from morons who reused stale gas and it gummed up the carburetors. Just saying be careful. Matt you must have some huge monster mower that can take it like a champ.

...somehow I don't think my dad would care for me putting that gas in his year old John Deere :eek: