View Full Version : Save Utah lands

rstrucks
09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Chads post from chit chat -

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822554

dp96zj
09-24-2009, 10:29 AM
2 emails sent.

Come on guys, this is REALLY easy. If you want to send a pre-written, form letter, it takes less than 1 minute to type in your info. That's it! Spend one minute trying to save the greatest offroading spot in the world; or spend that minute elsewhere, and our mallcrawlers will truly become mallcrawlers. If they close down Moab, I don't really see many other parks being able to stay open. I haven't been there yet, but I'll be damned if I don't make it out there.

ZJ TINS
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Sent again, to all reps.

BigDaveZJ
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Done!

BigClay
09-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Done

SirFuego
09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Responding to my message:

Dear Jared,

Thank you for contacting me in support of the America's Red Rock Wilderness Act. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views.

blah blah blah

:shake: Glad to see he actually read my letter :shake:

zj95maxx
09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
"Your e-mail message was sent to:
Representative Bobby Scott (D-VA 3rd)"

Sent

Z
09-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I think the "stock" email subject is bad. I suggest using this instead:

Please OPPOSE H.R. 1925

And I should have added text about keeping public lands available to ALL, not just those with the time and stamina to backback over 9 million miles.

By the way - is the original bill trying to specifically prevent recreationists, or is it more to prevent resource extraction (with anti-recreation just being icing on the cake to the eco-nazis)?

KDUB
09-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Done!

SirFuego
09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
By the way - is the original bill trying to specifically prevent recreationists, or is it more to prevent resource extraction (with anti-recreation just being icing on the cake to the eco-nazis)?

From what I've read about it, it's a side effect of designating the land as "wilderness". This includes not only motorized off-road vehicles, but also mountain bikes and horseback riding. Seriously...horseback riding? You can't take an animal into the wilderness?

Z
09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
From what I've read about it, it's a side effect of designating the land as "wilderness". This includes not only motorized off-road vehicles, but also mountain bikes and horseback riding. Seriously...horseback riding? You can't take an animal into the wilderness?
But what is the true thrust of this bill? A lot of stuff that was being done in Utah during the Clinton administration was disguised as "saving our land" but in reality it was to prevent energy extraction. The eco-nazis thought this would force us to either conserve more or spur development of alternative energy. They didn't think about the 3rd alternative - asking Saudi Arabia to pump more oil.

So, my point is, if the true reasoning behind this bill is to put more energy off limits, that's another reason to cite to your congresscritters - you want MORE domestic energy production, not less. The bill is a strike AGAINST energy independence and for continued dependence on regimes that hate us.

Cody
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
But what is the true thrust of this bill? A lot of stuff that was being done in Utah during the Clinton administration was disguised as "saving our land" but in reality it was to prevent energy extraction. The eco-nazis thought this would force us to either conserve more or spur development of alternative energy. They didn't think about the 3rd alternative - asking Saudi Arabia to pump more oil.

It might have been immediately aimed at preventing resource extraction, but has given more than enough room for the governing agencies to close down thousands of miles of historic roads despite the county claiming them as official rights of way.