PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Seattle, WA for Moab, UT

Mochisme
05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I am leaving Seattle around 5 AM on the 3rd and stopping over night in Burley, ID. I will leave Burley again around 5 AM on the 4th with stops at the SLC Airport to make a passenger pickup and again in or near Eagle Mt, UT for a 2nd Passenger, then on to Moab.:)

Please PM me if you will be along that route and want to travel together of keep a look out for a Green 94 Dodge pickup towing a Black lifted 98 ZJ and fall in line or wave as you pass. :D

I will montor Channel 10 on the CB in route from Seattle to Moab.:cheer:

friscokidd
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM
W.O.W. and that is dedication.. How long is that drive?

Goosed76
05-30-2009, 12:50 AM
man, wish I were going.... that is dedication man. Pure and simple.

Mochisme
05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
W.O.W. and that is dedication.. How long is that drive?

Expedia quotes 1075 miles fastest Route. It will actual take a little more then that as I will stop and spend at least one night in Burley, ID, then stop at the SLC Airport and then Someplace around or in Eagle Mt. so I would add another 80 miles and make it a nice round 1250 miles one way.

Then when I leave Moab, I will go back to Eagle Mt, then cut across NV to West Sacramento, CA (838 miles) where I will drop off my ZJ and return my loaner trailer to Everett, WA ( 790 Miles), then return to West Sacramento and hope to hook up with someone running the Rubicon Trail and others in that area and play for a week or so (Guess 200 miles at least) before heading home to Seattle with a new trailer (new to me anyway) and that is another 761 miles making a near total of 3,664 miles.

This is my first trip since retiring on May 29th and I am going to enjoy it!! :D :cheer:

Kauzi Zj
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Expedia quotes 1075 miles fastest Route. It will actual take a little more then that as I will stop and spend at least one night in Burley, ID, then stop at the SLC Airport and then Someplace around or in Eagle Mt. so I would add another 80 miles and make it a nice round 1250 miles one way.

Then when I leave Moab, I will go back to Eagle Mt, then cut across NV to West Sacramento, CA (838 miles) where I will drop off my ZJ and return my loaner trailer to Everett, WA ( 790 Miles), then return to West Sacramento and hope to hook up with someone running the Rubicon Trail and others in that area and play for a week or so (Guess 200 miles at least) before heading home to Seattle with a new trailer (new to me anyway) and that is another 761 miles making a near total of 3,664 miles.

This is my first trip since retiring on May 29th and I am going to enjoy it!! :D :cheer:

Damn Dude! For a retired guy your trip is more planning and work then I put into a 3 week trip FOR work!

Retired= No worky! worky!, no planning, no organizing, just let the world do whatever it wants, you are just along for the ride!

Technohead
05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm jealous!

Hope to do the same thing (Moab & Rubicon) in a few years. Can't do it right now becuase the damn kids want to go to college.

I guess it goes without saying but remember to take lots of pictures!

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Drive safe! Kris (kraqa) and I made the drive from Seattle to Moab and it is a LOOONNNG one, not too much to check out in Idaho. See you there!

Sandy R
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Drive safe! Kris (kraqa) and I made the drive from Seattle to Moab and it is a LOOONNNG one, not too much to check out in Idaho. See you there!

Ted, maybe carry a fully charged fire extinguisher just in case you see a car on the side of the road getting ready to become a car-b-q. (Private joke on Elliott and Kris from their Seattle to Moab trek and few years back. :o

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-31-2009, 11:34 PM
The car-b-que was crazy!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/Puma297/GSW06/GrandSlam06013.jpg

Mochisme
06-01-2009, 11:13 PM
LOL, I bought a Fire Extinguisher yesterday to carry. Where to mount it is the question.

I am so pumped up on this, that I am leaving a day early now, so I can take my time even more and get a feel for towing and to just get moving!! I am going nuts everytime I see the ZJ sitting on that trailer and the Dodge hooked up. They are yelling LETS GO!! and I want to make them stop!! LOL

I have made the drive from Seattle thru Moab to Cortez, CO and back over a weekend (I was younger and dumber) and a couple years ago the wife and I included a stop in Moab on our way to Las Vegas. Yes Moab is kind of out of the way in route to Las Vegas from Seattle, but well worth every mile.

Also long trips are not anything new to me. I drive to Las Vegas every year and last year I flew to Baltimore and drove my ZJ home to Seattle from there. (In Dec yet, and 15 below temps crossing the plains)

So we will see you all in Moab, aint life grand when your in a Grand!!!

Ted, maybe carry a fully charged fire extinguisher just in case you see a car on the side of the road getting ready to become a car-b-q. (Private joke on Elliott and Kris from their Seattle to Moab trek and few years back. :o

Mochisme
06-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Forgot to add the photo!!

friscokidd
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
have a safe trip and see ya there