PDA

View Full Version : IR IQv series tools

canadian_driver
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM
just herd about these things, and they look pretty cool, they have cordless tools like a cordless die grinder and cordless ratchet.

http://www.irtools.com/cordless/

has anyone tried any of these yet?

edit: i posted in wrong section, dave can you move to shop section if your bored and have nothing better to do?

auggeren911
05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Some of my buddies that work at the stealership have them. I used the impact one. They said it cost like 400 for that one with the batteries and charger.Apparently they sell it all separate. Seemed bad ass when I used it to tighten a trac bar bracket down.

canadian_driver
05-29-2009, 12:04 AM
yeah but $400 is still cheaper than getting a good air impact and compressor and lines, might be worth it for some people.

Kraqa
05-29-2009, 12:31 AM
cordless die grinder woudl be bad ass.

the only problem with it is that most of the time when i'm using a die grinder its in tight spots. i wonder is the batt would get in the way.

J B
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Those tools look cool. The only problem I have with cordless anything is that the power density is just not there. If it was just light duty stuff, then great, but anything you'll use for long periods of time or under heavy use, and you'll zap the batteries in minutes.

cLAYH
05-30-2009, 01:35 AM
I have one of IRs new tmax air impacts. Its rated for 900ft/lbs of reverse torque.
The gun I had before that was a CP749, rated at 625ft/lbs of reverse torque.

The 1/2" cordless in the link is rated for 360ft/lbs.....