PDA

View Full Version : Control Arms/Brake Lines? (lift)

moultonr
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Will new lower control arms, and extended front brake lines be necessary when lifting my zj 3.5"? Any other problems I might encounter/want to pay attention to? (advise?)
getting track bar conversion/transfer case drop/ new s-bar links/ coils/shocks etc...

moultonr
05-04-2009, 11:09 PM
(sorry this should go in the newbie tech)

black_zj
05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
You can get by with stock arms, but you definitely want to get an adjustable track bar front and rear, or at least an extended bracket in the rear but weld it on with reinforcements. Brake lines should be fine but never hurts to get the relocation brackets for cheap. I have a few parts left from my old lift, PM me if you need anything.

moultonr
05-04-2009, 11:22 PM
good to hear and I was planning on the bracket in the rear. Ill check out the brackets on the brake lines. Thanks

Technohead
05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I can tell you that on my rig w/ 3.5" lift the Rubicon Express rear track bar relocation bracket significantly overcompensated for the lift. Not only that, if you do any wheeling these bolt-on brackets are guaranteed to break unless they are welded on. Ask me (and many others) how I know. My suggestion: Before putting money on the table give the stock rear track bar a try and see how it works out.

BigClay
05-05-2009, 07:21 AM
I still have the stock rear track bar on my RE lift, and it is just fine. You will need the front track bar for sure. As for extended brake lines, I have them, but some people get a way with just pulling the stock ones out a little, but that is risky. I do not have a t-case drop and I think many people are running even higher lifts and don't have one either. I would recommend adjustable arms if you have the $$ available.

slim616
05-05-2009, 08:03 AM
i have RE front and rear adjustable HD track bars if your interested.

moultonr
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Ill deffinetly try the stock rear if I have a chance at getting away with it, I am also gonna plan on getting the extended brake lines just to be safe.... I guess Ill also leave out the t-case drop if its not neccesary.

crug75hid
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
thats a pretty good decision indeed. extended brake lines will definitely provide you safeguard line.