PDA

View Full Version : I'll see you in Moab!

OverkillZJ
04-16-2009, 12:21 PM
That is all :D

(I'm riding out with Sudz.)

Cody
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Great. I'll bring my D&D cards and a bowl for you to vomit in from our weak utah beer ;)

Goosed76
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Never really got why Utah is a bastard and requires everyone to sell and buy weak ass beer- that's reason enough for me not to live there!! Portland has a ton of microbreweries, alot of great beer in this town.
Side note- we also have more strip clubs per-capita than any other city in the country!!

OverkillZJ
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Great. I'll bring my D&D cards and a bowl for you to vomit in from our weak utah beer ;)

Never played D&D (didn't even know there were cards, strange that you do.) - as for puking, I'll leave the 1.75L bottle of jack daniels at home.

Your beer is weak. :finga:

BigDaveZJ
04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
There's probably still enough of that jack in the concrete at the redstone that you could suck it back up with a straw.

Cody
04-16-2009, 04:11 PM
There's probably still enough of that jack in the concrete at the redstone that you could suck it back up with a straw.

lol

Sudz
04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
i'm pumped http://dnbforum.com/images/smilies/speedbanana.gif

Kauzi Zj
04-25-2009, 01:12 PM
I think it should be a crime to even call what Utah sells Beer...its more like lightly beer flavored water.

Cody
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
I think it should be a crime to even call what Utah sells Beer...its more like lightly beer flavored water.

Umm, you buy the same beer at the grocery store and gas station as we do....and you have to go to a liquor store to buy heavy beers just like we do.

Sandy R
04-27-2009, 07:18 PM

Which beer are you referring to as being weak? I've enjoyed the pitchers that we have gotten over the years at the Moab Brewery and also the bottled beer from the stores, can't recall the names but something like Dead Horse??? and Scorpion???? In fact, I usually take a few sixers of each home with me.

ArloGuthroJeep
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
The beer in the restaurants is only 3.2% isn't it?

JohnBoulderCO
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes it is. It still tastes good. The Scorpion is my fav.

It gets more complicated. 3.2 beer is measured by weight, which works out to be 4% by volume.

The average beer is 5% Coors Light is 4.2%
So the Moab beer is the same as Coors Light. Not really that low after all. :D

If you are really worried about it, drink one more beer.:drinkers:

ArloGuthroJeep
04-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I generally like very hoppy beers...I can't always drink two - I need to keep my girly figure :flipoff2:

Cody
04-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Out of a keg, yes. It's also the same as 4.0 by volume (like was said). They approved a bill this year to allow heavy beers to be poured on draft with a normal liquor license, but it didn't make it all they way through in time. They did get rid of the stupid private club rule (as of July 1). You can still order an IPA or other heavy beers by the bottle, and word on the street is that Moab Brewery has a Black Imperial IPA that is finishing being bottle conditioned. It comes in a 1 liter bottle, but should be about 10% ABV. Only makeing 800 bottles though. Bet your ass I'll have one!

There is also a belgium tripel being conditioned now as well, but I haven't heard how long it will be until it's ready.

Also, all the major brands of beer sell the same beer in Utah as they do in any other state....they don't make a "Utah beer" In fact, bring down a can/bottle of whatever generic beer you want from out of state. We'll go and buy a sixer of it in Moab, then drop the ol hydrometer in it and see if the alcohol content is any different.

ArloGuthroJeep
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Mmmmmmmm, Black Imperial IPA:D

Ever had the 14er ESB or IPA? They're around 9-11% I believe (don't remember) so it is a 2 for 1 beer:D Cost twice as much though:(

Cody
04-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I have 20 gallons brewing right now, and I'm toying with buying kegging equipment to bring a couple batches down with me this year.

Goosed76
04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
mmm- beer.... Still love my Widmer Hefeweizen, and it's brewed locally here in Portland. In fact, there's a ton of great beer that is brewed local- love this town!!

Cody
04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Portland does have a shit-load of breweries up there. Utah and Colorado have a lot per capita as well, but it seems like a ton of good beers come out of the PNW.

OverkillZJ
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Yes it is. It still tastes good. The Scorpion is my fav.

The average beer is 5% Coors Light is 4.2%
So the Moab beer is the same as Coors Light. Not really that low after all.

I love the Scorpion, but I could drink it as a meel and not feel a thing.

Coors light is weak and NASTTY. Its like our local beer: IC light. I know its a Pittsburgh thing, but I could rink a case of that stuff and do nothing but piss. Same with Coors...

We have a lot of other local beers that'll knock you on your ass, much better!

Goosed76
04-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Oregon Breweries have it going on- find a new seasonal from about 7 different breweries just about every year.
That said- gotta love the Pabst Blue Ribbon, lol- when you're unemployed and they're only $1.50 at the bar, the PBR will grow on ya... lol.
I literally have a pub about 100 yards from my front door that brews about 25 different beers in-house, absolutely love it!!

SirFuego
04-30-2009, 11:30 PM
IC light. I know its a Pittsburgh thing, but I could rink a case of that stuff and do nothing but piss.
Last time I drank IC Light, a couple friends brought up a 30 pack. We finished it off and were the only three to drink from it -- and I apparently accounted for 20 of them, and a lot of other shots at the bar at my buddy's place. I remember drinking a beer watching a game of beer pong and then waking up the next morning. Only time I've ever blacked out...

Sudz
05-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Matt

I just charged the A/C in the tow rig
Bring your Parka! :flipoff2:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
05-24-2009, 08:36 PM
A couple of yankees, a southerner, some Californians, and everywhere in between. It should be another interesting year. :D

OverkillZJ
05-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Sweeeeeeeeet! Suburban's gone, have room for your tow rig / trailer, and guest room is ready. Time to go wheeling!

Sudz
05-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Sweeeeeeeeet! Suburban's gone, have room for your tow rig / trailer, and guest room is ready. Time to go wheeling!

T minus 7 days and counting...

slim616
05-25-2009, 01:02 AM
all i have to say guys is have a good time and give them hell

Kauzi Zj
05-27-2009, 03:33 PM
mmm- beer.... Still love my Widmer Hefeweizen, and it's brewed locally here in Portland. In fact, there's a ton of great beer that is brewed local- love this town!!

I would gladly buy some Hefes from you if you were to bring them...I loves me a good Widmer Hefe!

Kraqa
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
someone ship me some fat tire!!!

Goosed76
05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
I would gladly buy some Hefes from you if you were to bring them...I loves me a good Widmer Hefe!
Man, we have the Widmer Hefe and Fat Tire on tap just about everywhere around here, and at just about every store too- one of the benefits of living in the great NW!! :smt118Is it legal to ship beer? lol

ATL ZJ
05-27-2009, 11:53 PM
someone ship me some fat tire!!!

How bass ackwards is it that I could actually do that now. The stuff showed up in ATL a couple weeks ago.

Kauzi Zj
05-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Man, we have the Widmer Hefe and Fat Tire on tap just about everywhere around here, and at just about every store too- one of the benefits of living in the great NW!! :smt118Is it legal to ship beer? lol

I can get Fat Tire all day long! But Widmer Hefe..it may be around I just haven't found it yet. Anyone remember a micro called White Buffalo I think it was from Breckenridge...haven't seen it in a while that was my favorite!

Ship me a case of Hefes and we will find out, LOL;)

OverkillZJ
05-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I want Fat Tire in Pittsburgh! At least we have Yeungling, but I want both...