PDA

View Full Version : 2009 GSMW When and Where?

zjwells
02-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Will there be an '09 GSMW? If so, I'd like to know so I can ask off. What about The Badlands Mothers Day weekend?

ajmorell
02-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Yes...well at least there better be! I'm guessing probably the second or third weekend in May. My vote goes for the 9th & 10th.

IndyZJ
02-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Sounds like at least the last 2 years. I'll be there no matter what. I'll be in my YJ, assuming it's driveable by then. If not, I'll be in another stock-ish ZJ.

ajmorell
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Chances are I won't be wheeling my ZJ, but I will be there as a rider/spotter/picture taker no matter what.

EMTimZJ
02-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Right now it looks like the third weekend in May will be the weekend of the event. Andy, I know the first weekend does not work well for you and many others who are just getting out of the last week of college classes and the second weekend is Mother's day. May 15-16-17 (Fri-Sat-Sun) is the plan so far!

I will post up more info soon :cool:

-Tim

aaronsh2rcvry
02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
we will be there on May 7,8,9,10

fr3db3ar
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Since it appears I'm out of a job....it's unlikely that I will make it this year.......again.

ajmorell
02-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Since it appears I'm out of a job....it's unlikely that I will make it this year.......again.

Shitty...potentially the same reason I may not be there if it isn't until the 15th/16th (job, no job, or back in school)

EMTimZJ
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM

Fred, that is not good, best of luck with the search.

Shitty...potentially the same reason I may not be there if it isn't until the 15th/16th (job, no job, or back in school)

So the 15th/16th does not interfere correct Andy?

ajmorell
02-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Fred, that is not good, best of luck with the search.

So the 15th/16th does not interfere correct Andy?

15th/16th is less than ideal. Chances are I'll either be gone/moving to whatever job I take or I'll have already started grad. school. Honestly the best weekend ins the 8th/9th. I know it is Mother's day, but we have had it on Mother's day in the past so I personally do not see an issue. I think we should put it up to a vote. By no means should the event be planned around my schedule, but if that weekend doesn't work for the majority then it should be changed.

slim616
02-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I'll be there on the 15 and 16 with a few local rigs.

indy242003
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
15th/16th is less than ideal. Chances are I'll either be gone/moving to whatever job I take or I'll have already started grad. school. Honestly the best weekend ins the 8th/9th. I know it is Mother's day, but we have had it on Mother's day in the past so I personally do not see an issue. I think we should put it up to a vote. By no means should the event be planned around my schedule, but if that weekend doesn't work for the majority then it should be changed.

I missed it last year and won't make the same mistake this year.

Mothers day would not be a good idea. Attendance will be low enough because of the economy. We want this thing to grow. Bring people! Get them involved. It's the future of our sport. If it means pushing the date out a little to get a good attendance then we should do that. Everyone is not going to be able to make it, but let's do what we can to get as many as possible. I'll be heading up from Mississippi this year and anyone that wants to roll out with me is more than welcome. Even if you don't have a rig to wheel, I'll pick you up on the way, for a little gas money. There is always someone to ride with there. Just don't make me wait on you. I-55 to I-57 to I-74. I have not decided to tow or drive mine yet. I drive it to Indiana all the time, but I have been through a lot of parts lately and an 1100 trip on a battered rig is no fun.

zjwells
02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
May 8,9,10 works best for me. Two other jeeps will be following.

Bama_WJ
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to attend last year. Looked like a blast.

x2 on the weekend of May 8/9/10. I would definatly be able to make that. If I do make it, hopefully I don't hold you guys back with only 2.5" of lift!