PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seat Experiences

SirFuego
01-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I did a search but didn't really come up with anything like I wanted, so here goes:

I'm looking primarily at the Baja SS's and Ultra's. I've sat in what I think were SS's and found them relatively comfortable -- but a bit tight. However, I think the Ultra's will suit my body build a bit better (6'0" fat ass). I really wish I could just drive to a local shop and "test out" the different models, but that's not an option. I'm planning to run a harness and there will be a bar behind the seats, so I don't have a need to recline.

I'm interested in what other's are running to see if there are any other options that I should look into. Price is of course a concern, but not so much that I'm going to get something uncomfortable or potentially dangerous (like plastic seats).

For those running aftermarket seats:

What brand/model are you running?
What do you like about them?
What don't you like?
Do you wish you went with another model/brand?
And if you don't mind sharing this info, what is your body type?
Are you running a seat heater with it (if so, what type)?

OverkillZJ
01-31-2009, 05:01 PM
I have the Baja SS ultra wide, most comftorable seat I've ever been in, on or off road. It seats Jenkins (Bird_Flu) who's bigger than you, you'd be comfy.

They do fade, though. I don't know if it was the sunlight, or the PA road salt from all those paragon trips, but my black seats now look blue.

ATL ZJ
01-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Corbeau bajas here. I love them and I am skinny. Get the ultras if you're heavy or if you're into fat chicks. But really, you can't go wrong with corbeau. All my friends are jealous.

tank
02-01-2009, 12:20 AM
http://www.actionimport.com/ i am looking at these ones even have a child seat

SirFuego
02-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I have the Baja SS ultra wide, most comftorable seat I've ever been in, on or off road. It seats Jenkins (Bird_Flu) who's bigger than you, you'd be comfy.

They do fade, though. I don't know if it was the sunlight, or the PA road salt from all those paragon trips, but my black seats now look blue.

Yeah your seats are pretty comfy -- I remember thinking that when I was driving your buggy around big dogs last spring. You have cloth ones, though, right? I wanna get the all vinyl ones.

ATL ZJ
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Fuego I have the all vinyl ones and they are perpetually damp. I store my rig in the rain sometimes, but even after a week + of sunlight and drying, they are still slightly wet. The vinyl seems to trap the water in, whereas I'm told cloth allows moisture to quickly evaporate out.

SirFuego
02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Hmm. That's definitely good to know. I figured the vinyl would stop the water from even getting in, but I guess that's not the case. Thanks for the info.

CurtP
02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
A buddy is running Beard Super Seats and they're the most comfortable aftermarket seats I've sat in (that I can recall, anyway). I'm average build (5'10", 190#). Not very expensive either. He has the standard width (with the standard headrest), extra wide are available (as are lowback and adjustable headrests).

zj95maxx
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I have the corbeau baja's with cloth and they are sweet. I have a weld burn in one(stupid) so dont get anything hot near them. But the black WILL turn to blue in a few months. my black seats are now a nice navy blue from the sun. SUPER comfy seats