PDA

View Full Version : Ruffstuff & Shipping Costs'

Dan Fredrickson
01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I would like to fill everyone in on our shipping costs' and times.......

This is especially important for those of you that haven't purchased parts from us before and don't know. We use the USPS Flat Rate Priority mail boxes wherever possible because we can put up to 70 lbs in one and ship it anywhere in the US or US territories for only $10. About 20 of our products are too big for the flat rate boxes but we ship quite a few a day and get a pretty good discount from UPS on those. Another thing about the Flat Rate Boxes is the speed to the destination, they are only 3 days accross the country!

The cost to ship heavy parts can put a big dent in your parts budget so if it will fit in an envelope we will put it in one and save you even more money......

Why our competitors don't use them is pretty easy to surmise, its not easy for them. UPS comes at the same time every afternoon and picks it up. With the PO they pick up the early boxes around 10am but any orders we receive after that we take to the PO so it does cost me a bit more but thats just a cost of doing business.....And at 3 days they are way faster without paying more.

Another thing I try to avoid are the companies that try and profit from thier shipping. We all know what it should cost to ship things and if the companies ship alot they also get big discounts from UPS & FEDEX. So, if your shipping charges seem too high ask them to ship it in a USPS box, if they won't, shop where they will because its your money! Its' one of the reasons we are one of the biggest parts suppliers to Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Alaska, and Hawaii!

ATL ZJ
01-22-2009, 01:23 AM
I am always impressed by your shipping times Dan. It's wild how fast my orders make their way across the country. I am just a home fabber and not a shop, so there's no budget for expedited shipping. But the peace of mind that I can place an order on Monday night and have my parts ready to weld on by the weekend will keep me coming back as a customer. Most of your competitors just assume that if they have a fancy looking product, people will buy it. Then they ruin their chances at making a sale with unresponsive customer service and highway robbery on slow shipping. Keep running your offroad business like a real business and I'm sure you'll continue to thrive.

Cam

1fox2go
01-22-2009, 03:03 AM
I agree with Cam, I have ordered on a Sunday and had my stuff by Friday

good products and no bullshit on the shipping keep up the good work

Cue-Ball
01-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Just another kudo for Dan and RSS. I have been a dealer for him for a year or so (give or take) and EVERYTIME I place and order with him the customer is ALWAYS amazed at how fast the stuff gets to them.

That is one of the reasons I am so happy to be a dealer for their products, that and their products are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thanks for everything you do Dan, keep it up.

Dirk

BigDaveZJ
01-22-2009, 04:32 PM
When I got my RSS cover it showed up super fast as well. The box was less than thrilled to have pure beef inside it, but me and my axles are happy!

jfowlzj95
01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Dan really came through when I was doing the disc brake conversion on the 9".

First time I ordered the caliper brackets was on a Sunday, they were at my house in Austin the following Wednesday. When I had a little problem with one of the brackets, I sent Dan an email at about 11am CST on a Saturday morning including my phone number. About 15 minutes later I got a call from Dan and we were able to find a quick solution for my problem. He sent out another bracket well below half price and it was at my door the following Monday.

Dan has great customer service and super fast shipping when it comes to it, will definately being doing business with Ruff Stuff again.

Dan Fredrickson
01-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Thank you all!

The only reason I got into this business was what I saw as a serious lack of Customer Service. I used to call just like you guys when I had a civilized job but I just got sick and tired of being talked down to by some idiot that didn't really know the product anyway! But only after trying 20 times to get them to pick up the phone. So when I pick up the phone and say I have someone on the other line I will call you back!

Dan Fredrickson
06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
SHIPPING.. YOU PAY WHAT WE PAY

ATL ZJ
06-05-2012, 08:12 PM
SHIPPING.. YOU PAY WHAT WE PAY

It is clear that some of your competitors are taking a cut of the shipping companies' "hard work". You have my business.