PDA

View Full Version : picked up a WJ for a new DD

2k2wranglerx
01-20-2009, 01:06 AM
i traded my JK for 2 tj's. well today i sold one of the TJ's so i bought a new to me WJ.

2000 Laredo
V8
Selec-trac (with 2wd, part time/full time, etc)
AD44 rear (dunno if they all come with them)
tow package
leather
sunroof
towhooks
infinity sound
105k miles
new tires
ziebart undercoated

it's super clean, no dents/scratches, interior is nice. I paid 4200 for it. I think i did pretty well. i'm not super wild on the color. it's that maroon/dark red color. But for the $ and the options i'm cool with it. I really wanted the selec-trac over quadradrive.

needs a few small things. needs aligned, front sway bar bushing, and it KIND OF smelled like coolant, although it could be that stuff they put on the dash. It was a really sweet smell inside (not out) but there was no water on teh floor or under the dash, so i'm pretty sure the heater core is ok. we drove it for about 20 mins, got it up to temp, had the heater going. Either way, even if it is a heater core (which i dont think it is) that's just labor. not a lot of $.

i'll post pics soon.

nierace
01-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Not a bad score, it's tough to find a V8 with selec-trac. Theres tons of WJ's in the north east so you can pick them up for very cheap these days.

2k2wranglerx
01-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Not a bad score, it's tough to find a V8 with selec-trac. Theres tons of WJ's in the north east so you can pick them up for very cheap these days.

cheapest I could find near me with similar equipment minus selec trac was in the 5k range.

paulkeith
01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
nice. did you have an ad up on craigslist? I think I came across it while digging through craigslist ads around the east coast.

2k2wranglerx
01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
nice. did you have an ad up on craigslist? I think I came across it while digging through craigslist ads around the east coast.

I had one up trying to trade my tj. ended up with 7000 for the tj. so worked out very well.