PDA

View Full Version : upcoming changes

BigDaveZJ
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I'll be messing with some stuff on here over the next few days. Some of it might be permanent, some of it may not be, so don't freak out if you see something different. I'm exploring having (as well as how to do it) Google ads displayed for all non-Supporting Member/Vendor visitors to the site, but do not want to overdo it, so bear with me a little bit while I screw around with some stuff and hopefully don't mess anything up too bad!

SirFuego
01-15-2009, 10:56 PM
In case you aren't aware of it, I'm seeing the public service ads by Google in the upper right while I'm logged in...

jsteves
01-16-2009, 12:07 AM
In case you aren't aware of it, I'm seeing the public service ads by Google in the upper right while I'm logged in...

Yep. Me too.

BigDaveZJ
01-16-2009, 12:32 AM
For now it's supposed to, still working out the code so it doesn't show up for you guys. Shouldn't be too hard to do, just need the time to do it.

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 01:43 AM
The ads are up and running now. Tomorrow I hope to add the code so that Supporting Members do not see the ads.

Matt
01-29-2009, 01:56 AM
Mallcrawlin needs a bailout!!!!

OverkillZJ
01-29-2009, 01:57 AM
I need a bailout. Please send donations to overkillzj@mallcrawlin.com

Thanks!

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 02:01 AM
I need a bailout. Please send donations to overillzi@mallcrawlin.com

Thanks!

Should I send you a new "K" key for your keyboard too?? LOL

OverkillZJ
01-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Yes That would help. Thanks!

CrawlerReady
01-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Personally the ad up in the top right-hand corner doesn't bother me....not sure why it would bother anyone as it's not very noticeable.

Matt
01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Doesn't bother me either. Do what you need to do to survive, just don't make the ads the main attraction and I don't think anyone will have a problem.

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I might put some text ads in place too, we'll see. Gonna play around with it a bit, but yeah I definitely do not want to overdo it, but still need it to be prominent enough where the ads will actually get people's attention every once in a while since it is a pay by click and not a pay by view system. If it was pay by view I'd just stick a bunch down at the bottom of the page and call it a day, lol.

zj95maxx
01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
sooooo are you saying to click the ads a bunch to help the site out?:smt055

CrawlerReady
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
sooooo are you saying to click the ads a bunch to help the site out?:smt055

That's what I heard :smt038

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 12:23 PM
While that is the way it works, per my user agreement with Google I cannot encourage you guys to click on the ads simply to drive revenue.

BigClay
01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
While that is the way it works, per my user agreement with Google I cannot encourage you guys to click on the ads simply to drive revenue.

Got to love the lawyer speak in all of those contracts huh? :D

OverkillZJ
01-29-2009, 01:33 PM
That's a "fawk yess click adds" if I ever heard one!

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Thought I had the code figured out so supporters wouldn't see it, but guess what? I was completely wrong, lol. Hopefully I'll get it figured out here soon.

CurtP
01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
I think it's fine the way it is. I only see the one ad at the top, I see no reason to worry about it. Go check out the 'Vette board - the entire left side of the forum is ads. And for a while, the first post in every thread had an ad in it (in the post itself) - some of them were videos with audio that autoplayed - with no way to turn them off! The "congratulations, you just won an iPod" ad used to piss me off to no end.

elmer_fud
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
I might put some text ads in place too, we'll see. Gonna play around with it a bit, but yeah I definitely do not want to overdo it, but still need it to be prominent enough where the ads will actually get people's attention every once in a while since it is a pay by click and not a pay by view system. If it was pay by view I'd just stick a bunch down at the bottom of the page and call it a day, lol.

so how much do you get per click?

I also do not think the ads on the top of the page are to much by any means.

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
so how much do you get per click?

I also do not think the ads on the top of the page are to much by any means.

It varies, but it's not much. And if a bunch of "false clicks" go through, then the advertisers won't be getting their money's worth and won't want to continue the program.

elmer_fud
01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
another thought, I am not sure how much control you have, but try to get adds related to jeeps. The ones I see now is for quilts.

another thing, not add related. Should I be able to edit my own posts?

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Google crawls the site and then selects the ads automatically. The more they crawl the site, the more accurate the ads will be.

And you should be able to edit your posts, at least in the tech areas.

Cue-Ball
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Does not look too bad in my opinion either.

(oh and I could use a bailout also, but rather than taking donations I will sell you stuff at a great price)!!!!

dp96zj
01-29-2009, 07:22 PM
I think the ads are a good thing, anything to offset the costs of running the site.

I don't mind them at all, but WTF is this?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/dp91990/untitled.jpg

:rofl:

SirFuego
01-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I saw one for chrome tow points. Bling bling. Can't wait for it to come up again, so I can order me some and bolt them directly to the subframe.

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I saw the chrome tow hooks too, made me lol. Damnit, now I have the Bratz one again. WTF!!

ATL ZJ
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz BRATZ bratz bratz bratz bratz Bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratZ bratz bratz Bratz. bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz Bratz bratz

once that gets crawled, looks like it's here to stay :D

KDUB
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the ads the way they are. Besides, I've been looking for some clear tail light lenses anyway...:D

ogdak
01-31-2009, 04:00 AM
Damn, even here i get dutch adds

DJJordache
01-31-2009, 10:23 AM
it is a pay by click and not a pay by view system.
so would it help for us to occasionally click on them?:D

greengc4x4
02-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Bratz Mall Crawl

CrawlerReady
02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Dammit you guys...you keep saying Bratz and now look what you've done!

edit: added a close-up shot

OverkillZJ
02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Hahahaha, that's just awesome....

zj95
02-04-2009, 01:08 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/zj95/funnys/funnyad.jpg

CurtP
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Fupa.com isn't what I was hoping it would be :(

jfowlzj95
02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz BRATZ

Mmmmm brats... :D

http://blog.americanfeast.com/images/Bratwurst.jpg

zj95
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz BRATZ bratz bratz bratz bratz Bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratZ bratz bratz Bratz. bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz bratz Bratz bratz

once that gets crawled, looks like it's here to stay :D

Quoted Just for the hell of it

zj95
02-04-2009, 01:28 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/zj95/funnys/funnyad2.jpg

OverkillZJ
02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies

Hey, had to try!

CrawlerReady
02-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies

Hey, had to try!

Now that is more like it. Everyone needs to edit all their posts so it says this somewhere in it at least once! :smt024

CrawlerReady
02-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Why the hell does zj95 get quilts, and I get this shit....:smt071

jfowlzj95
02-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Why the hell does zj95 get quilts, and I get this shit....:smt071

zj95 likes to knit and you like animated women. :flipoff2:

OverkillZJ
02-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Isn't google ads also based on tracking cookies? Meaning Crawler Ready has been looking at some freaky shit!!!

CrawlerReady
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Isn't google ads also based on tracking cookies? Meaning Crawler Ready has been looking at some freaky shit!!!

I didn't even put the 2 together....and to think, this is my work computer!

Cue-Ball
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I didn't even put the 2 together....and to think, this is my work computer!

HAHAHA

zj95
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
lol no one else gets the quilt stuff?

IndyZJ
02-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I keep getting quilt stuff and "people to raid with"

CrawlerReady
02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I get quilt stuff...but this freaky animation shit keeps coming up more often. Am I seriously the only one getting these ones?

OverkillZJ
02-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I've gotten NOTHING but Jeep stuff, but my cookies reset whenever I leave the site, so its basing my ads ONLY on the contents of the site.

Ya'll look at some weird shit apparently!

zj95
02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I've gotten NOTHING but Jeep stuff, but my cookies reset whenever I leave the site, so its basing my ads ONLY on the contents of the site.

Ya'll look at some weird shit apparently!

So you have to RElog in everytime you visit?

IndyZJ
02-04-2009, 07:25 PM
The quilt stuff is there on random school computers, too. Doesn't bother me, it's just funny. I mostly get jeep related stuff though.

OverkillZJ
02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
So you have to RElog in everytime you visit?

No, I'm special :D

zj95
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
special ed..

:tease:

fpkites
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Must have boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies

and for good measure:

bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers
bewbers

:D

OverkillZJ
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
BREASTS

zj95
02-04-2009, 08:19 PM
MOOSENUCKLE!

zj95
02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
why cant you edit your post in this thread?

CrawlerReady
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
MOOSENUCKLE!

I'm very scared what is going to start coming up now with the combination of Bratz, quilts, mooseknuckle, and bewbers....:smt118

dp96zj
03-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok I tried to ignore it, but WTF is with the ads in the upper right for laser hair removal?

:gayflag:

BigDaveZJ
03-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Ok I tried to ignore it, but WTF is with the ads in the upper right for laser hair removal?

:gayflag:

Google bases the ads not only on the site content, but on your browsing history as well I believe. Soooooo . . . .

dp96zj
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
That's a damn lie and you know it! My history and cookies erase everytime I close the browser, so :flipoff2:

Why do we have ads for chrome tow hooks and not nekkid wimmenz?

OverkillZJ
03-18-2009, 11:19 PM
No way would you be getting the ads you're talking about if you're really clearing your cookies / history.

dp96zj
03-18-2009, 11:26 PM
It's true dude. I have firefox set to clear everything automatically when it shuts down, and I'd prove it if I could. Oh well, I just wanted to see if I was the only one. At least now I'm getting ads for aerial lifts and "Creating your own legal documents at www.rocketlawyer.com"