PDA

View Full Version : control arms

94limited
12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
I dont know if this has been discussed alot before but I have a couple questions. My lower control arms are getting pretty bad and I was wondering if there is really any advantage to having after market fixed short arms or just get replacement stock ones? I know adjustable is better but I dont have alot of cash I have a baby on the way and was wonderin what a few others would do.

ajmorell
12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Aftermarket full tubular arms are a ton stronger. If you are lifted at all they can also assist with proper location of the axle in the wheelwell.

Schwarttzy
12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I have a full set for the rear from IRO and the uppers are adjustable lowers are fixed for strenght.

nierace
12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I wheeled for a while on stock arms and they took it OK...being you can pick up a set of stock arms for free from someone who has upgraded its not a bad way to go if you just want to replace yours until you have money to upgrade, especially since you just have a BB the stock arms will work fine for your pinion angles/caster settings.

Check out the grand cherokee for sale/free section at jeepsunlimited.com that's about all that website is good for.

The probability of you breaking the stock arm vs aftermarket arm is much higher but keep your old ones as spares its two bolts to replace one :)