PDA

View Full Version : hydro tube bender on Ebay?

FortCollinsZJ
09-19-2008, 12:30 AM
link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=110289013385&Category=92150&_trksid=p3907.m29)

I am close to buying a bender, this got my attention, very inexpensive.... but is it any good?

AgitatedPancake
09-19-2008, 01:25 AM
It's a good bender but it doesnt include the die. A 1.75" die set is $260-270 on their website. w/o shipping.

Other then that, its about 300 for a manual one w/o die so its really up to you.

SuicideTireZJ
09-19-2008, 01:58 AM
I kinda like those vertical benders, no need for a stand and it's easier do a homebrew hydro setup. But when I get around to figuring out my welder, I'm just going to get plans off of ebay and build one and save myself a fuckload of cash. If you're to the point where you'll need a bender, you'll probably have decent enough fab skills that you could do the same.

ATL ZJ
09-19-2008, 08:52 AM
If you have a way to easily and cleanly drill 1" holes in 1/2" steel, then making a bender might be a good idea. For the rest of us, it's nice to just be able to unwrap, assemble, and start bending.

With the vertical type benders, in certain situations I could see the tube hitting the ground, forcing you to raise the bender somehow.

speedmontzj
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
it looks like the same design as mine. when i bought my bender, a jd2, it was about a 1000.00 for the bender, a stand, degree wheel, handle, and 2 dies with shipping. i got a 1" and a 1.75" die.

after looking at the page more it uses the same dies that i have. if you bought the bender don't buy the same size dies that i have. buy different sizes and i we could swap around. that way it would give you/us access to different sizes without having to spend a fortune in dies. you live close enough to meet half way and it would be cheaper than shipping.

fyi: the 1.75" die i have weights about 50lbs.

the3 only porblem i could see would be maybe trying to get close on degrees of a bend by controling that ball valve, but it sure would be nice not having to bend it with ass power. because in that vid he is not bending to a certain degree he is just bending. you also have to account for spring back. which on the 1.75 " dom i was bending was about 5*

speedmontzj
09-19-2008, 10:46 AM
nevermind i thought atl zj was looking at the bender.

damn i just looked at van sant website and the price of dies have doubled. i gave 199 for muy 1.75" die.

AgitatedPancake
09-19-2008, 12:19 PM
my brother in law built his manual JD2 into a horizontal air/hydraulic one mounted to a cart he built. It turned out VERY nice, and if your garage is full move the cart outside. With manual bending you have to have that area permenantly clear for bending