PDA

View Full Version : My new dd

ZachJ
09-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Hey all I picked up this dd a few weeks ago. My dream car a 2001 Audi S4 avant black on black. In the few weeks I have had the car, it started misfiring, so Im waiting on the parts to do a tune-up, yesterday my driver side window mechanism broke and then I go floating for labor day weekend with friends some school and my friend loses my only key in the sac river, pisses me off. So as of right now my car is sitting with driver side door open, the window jambed up so it wont fall down, and the battery disconnected so the alarm wont go off. Anyways it has been a long weekend here are the pics:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/jpman95/DSCF1724-1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/jpman95/DSCF1720-1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/jpman95/DSCF1717-1.jpg

It has clear corner mod and some lowering springs on it. I just want to get it back to normal right now, its killing me just seeing it sitting in this condition.

96_zjlarado
09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
nice car. i love the avants. some sick wagons right there. sorry to hear about the troubles with it already. hope they get sorted out soon so you can enjoy it.

Goosed76
09-01-2008, 02:36 PM
bad luck man, but it's still a VW, so maybe it's a little Hitler's revenge going on, lol. Nice looig car though...

jsteves
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
bad luck man, but it's still a VW, so maybe it's a little Hitler's revenge going on, lol. Nice looig car though...

It is an Audi. If I had to drive a station wagon I would go for an s4 avant. Guy down the street has a new RS4...I hate him every time he drives by.

ZachJ
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I would love to have an RS4, its a monster!!!! Hopefully I can get all the problems sorted out this week and be able to enjoy it this weekend.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice dude!

JordanA
09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Rockin' the wagon, welcome to the club.

violatedppl
10-10-2008, 11:28 PM
all I can say is shagon wagon, put it to work.

ZJ TINS
10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
When the water pump goes, do you have to remove the front end on this model?

Spr-T-23
10-11-2008, 12:10 PM
nice but i cant drive a wagon

Goosed76
10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
It is an Audi..
Audi and Volkswagon are the same company, along with Porsche, that form- 'Volkswagen Audi Gesellschaft'

MuddyV8ZJ
11-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Beautiful S4... Avants are pure sex. Though, if those little troubles are bothering you, SELL IT NOW! My S4 has had far more problems than my Jeep ever has... but it's also far more fun.
With a chip, downpipes, and cat-back and you'll be able to hang with the RS4 in the straights. Throw on some coilovers and bigger brakes and you've got a chance on a track, too.
PM me if you ever have any S4 questions.

MuddyV8ZJ
11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
When the water pump goes, do you have to remove the front end on this model?

You're referring to the "service position" which is pretty standard for most Audis.

The front bumper comes off, radiator support and attached hardware is moved out of the way, and then you can dig in. Generally the water pump is done at the same time as the timing belt, which should be every 75k or so in this car. If the tbelt goes, so do the heads and, if you're unlucky, the pistons.

ZachJ
11-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Believe me I have plans for this thing :D the only factor holding me back is money. It would take a lot more than just those little problems for me sell this thing. I get it back friday after it being in the shop for over a month getting fixed after some guy decided it would be cool to make a left turn in front me. I cant wait.

MuddyV8ZJ
11-18-2008, 04:51 PM
If they've got the front end off, it may be worth it to have the tbelt and hardware done if it hasn't been already.

Other problem items of note: tie rod ends, control arms, ABS/ESP module, 1st and 2nd gear synchros, turbos, diverter valves, throttle body boot, wastegate lines, MAF sensor, CV boots/joints...

If it's relatively low in mileage, I strongly suggest picking up an extended warranty. It may cost $2500-3k, but if you find one that covers turbos, it will pay for itself two- or three-fold. I think my warranty co. ended up paying out over $10k.... Trans rebuild, turbos, ABS/ESP module, rearview mirror, CV joints, tie rod ends, rear main seal, and a bunch of other little stuff.

Check AudiWorld (http://forums.audiworld.com/s4)for any and all needs :)

CurtP
11-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Audi and Volkswagon are the same company, along with Porsche, that form- 'Volkswagen Audi Gesellschaft'

VW owns Audi, but Porsche owns a portion of VW (currently around 50%, IIRC). While they have a close relationship, they are separate companies. Porsche is still a family majority-owned business.

ZachJ
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Im getting the tb done, I have already done a tune up and new dv's. Im thinking at 100k I will put new controls arms and tie rods and possibly some vogtland co's. I figure if my turbos go I will just put some ko4's in and then slowly build up to a full stage 3!!!!

I am actually on audizine so I have done my research of the typical problems.

MuddyV8ZJ
11-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Im getting the tb done, I have already done a tune up and new dv's. Im thinking at 100k I will put new controls arms and tie rods and possibly some vogtland co's. I figure if my turbos go I will just put some ko4's in and then slowly build up to a full stage 3!!!!

I am actually on audizine so I have done my research of the typical problems.

Good plans. The tech articles on AudiWorld are priceless... they have helped me through MANY DIY jobs that I otherwise would not have been able to do... like the turbo swap and timing belt on my A4, suspension on the S4, clear corners, etc.

I'm not a big fan of AZ, personally. Lots of nutswinging and posturing without much positive discussion. That's not to say there isn't any, but there's a lot of BS to sift through to get the info you want.

And I just happen to prefer KAWF over VB, heh.

piku303
11-18-2008, 10:48 PM
i will never buy another vw/audi product...theres a reason why they aren't that common in america.

ZachJ
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM
I love the tech articles on aw, they will def. help me in the future. I can agree with you on how much bs goes on there, sometimes its very entertaining.

piku- to each his own, I love audi's and always will. I personally dont like asian made cars or american cars for that matter. I guess that just leaves me with european greatness.

MuddyV8ZJ
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
i will never buy another vw/audi product...theres a reason why they aren't that common in america.

VAG owners are just like Jeep owners, gluttons for punishment. reliability isn't great, but the experience when the cars are running right is fantastic. Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Mercedes, etc. are just boring in comparison.

Find me another 400+hp AWD 6spd sedan that isn't a shitbox inside like the Evo & STI ;-)

An Audi with quattro (and the right tires) will run circles around just about everything else (including most Jeeps) in the snow.

What VAG product did you own before that left a bad taste in your mouth?