PDA

View Full Version : MallCrawlin Rig of the Month Contest!

BigDaveZJ
08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
We're gonna wing it on this, so you guys may have to bear with me a bit as we nail down all the rules.

Voting will take place during the last week of each month, and then the winner will be featured on the main page for the month that they have won. The winner will get "ROTM Winner" or something similar under their username, and I might even throw in a sticker or something.

Submissions will start the 15th of each month for the following month's ROTM. After I compile the submissions, the voting will begin.

The submission portion of this is gonna be the trickiest, and the rules here will definitely be a work in progress.

The submission format will be as follows:

2 pics of the rig (and ONLY 2, I may ask for more if you win, but for the submission, only 2 pics will be allowed. Please try to post the best pics possible too, shitty pics = no votes)
Year
Model
Drivetrain
Suspension
Tires
Other Notable Mods
Favorite Mod
Least Favorite Mod
Favorite Trail
Best Carnage
Link to MallCrawlin Build Thread (if you have a build thread on here, throw in a link to it)

We don't need a novel on each one, just cover the basics, think of it like the readers' rides in the rags.

As an example, my submission would look like:

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/wheelerlake07272008/wheelerlake07272008035.jpg

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/ocg07132008/ocg07132008046.jpg

Year: 1995
Model: ZJ Laredo
Drivetrain: V8, stock tranny, 231 w/ SYE, HP30, 8.8, 4.56's, mini spool rear
Suspension: Clayton's long arms, 4.5" RE coils, RE shocks
Tires: 35" BFG MT KM's
Other Notable Mods: Human Cooling System
Favorite Mod: Clayton's!
Least Favorite Mod: hacking off the roof
Favorite Trail: Wheeler Lake
Best Carnage: taco'ing both front UCA's, bending an 8.8 shaft, and ripping a rear UCA mount off the unibody on Double Whammy at GSW 05
Link to MallCrawlin Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=2841

Nice and simple. We may end up going a little more in depth with the winners each month, but we'll play that by ear.

Entries will be limited to the first 10 entries each month. I will start a thread on the 15th of each month, and you can post your entry in the format above in that thread. Any post in the thread that is not an entry will be deleted. You are only allowed to enter your rig once in a rolling 12 month period. If you win, you are not allowed to enter again unless your rig has undergone signficant changes (Matt or myself will make the call), and you still must abide by the 12 month rule. If we hit the 10 rig mark and we feel that there aren't any rigs we want to call the MallCrawlin ROTM, we also may open it up to additional entries.

Voting. All registered members of MallCrawlin will be allowed to cast one vote per contest. Vote whoring will be frowned upon, but if you're in the contest and want to put something in your sig saying "hey vote for me in the ROTM" go for it.

So there ya have it. In the morning I'll post up the first submission thread, and we can use this thread for any questions anyone might have! :best:

Oh, also, if this ends up being pretty popular, we'll have a Rig of the Year contest at the end of the year from the monthly winners and they'll get something cool too.

Colorado 5.9
08-15-2008, 12:46 AM
I think if you limit it to one enytry once every 12 months. I think your gona run out of elegible rigs in just a couple months. Just think about it. In just three months that's 30 rigs that can't re-enter for at least 7 months. In just 3 months or so you'ld run out of rigs. Of corse that's if you get 10 rigs every month for the first few.

There's no way we have that many guys/gals that would really care about entering I don't think.

I would just make the limit to 10 rigs a month & leave it at that. Or May be an every other month limit would work well.

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Good point . . . .

So let's say we'll take up to 15 submissions a month, and then I'll pick 5 finalists. If you're a finalist and don't win, you have to wait 3 months before entering again.

ajmorell
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Okay, so what are the rigs being judged on?

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Whatever you want to judge them on when you vote. When I narrow it down to the finalists, it'll be based on build quality, originality, and how hard it's pushed.

ATL ZJ
08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
How about letting second and third place runners-up reenter one more time during the 12 month period? What happens if all the best rigs decide to enter in the same month and only one can win? Then the runners up are "disqualified" for an entire year. This would also help with the running out of entries problem, but still allow plenty of room for new entrants.

Colorado 5.9
08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Sounds good.:)
Good point . . . .

So let's say we'll take up to 15 submissions a month, and then I'll pick 5 finalists. If you're a finalist and don't win, you have to wait 3 months before entering again.

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
How about letting second and third place runners-up reenter one more time during the 12 month period? What happens if all the best rigs decide to enter in the same month and only one can win? Then the runners up are "disqualified" for an entire year. This would also help with the running out of entries problem, but still allow plenty of room for new entrants.

"Finalists" only have a 3 month period before they can enter again.

dangerousdave
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
I like the idea... dave it might be worth doing a buggy class and a regular class. The buggys on here will overshadow the regular rigs.

ArloGuthroJeep
08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Buggies suck! Where is the submission thread today Dave?!?

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I like the idea... dave it might be worth doing a buggy class and a regular class. The buggys on here will overshadow the regular rigs.

There's really only a few buggies on here, so I'm not too worried about it.

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Buggies suck! Where is the submission thread today Dave?!?

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=209046#post209046

Rangerwj
08-15-2008, 05:34 PM
awesome idea. I was getting tired of the GSW Pic.:rolleyes:

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
awesome idea. I was getting tired of the GSW Pic.:rolleyes:

So was I, had to come up with something else!!

BigDaveZJ
08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
The WJ guys sure are representing! Where are the ZJ's?!?!??!?

ArloGuthroJeep
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
ZJ's are too ugly to show off;)

JBN311
08-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I think this is a pretty badass thing you're starting!:)

zj95maxx
08-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Not going to enter this month. I will wait till I actually wheel the thing:D

WJJEEPIN
08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Read it twice but maybe I missed something. Will the votes be on the ROTM page then? And when you say the last week of the month, you mean the last 7 days where ever it falls?

BigDaveZJ
08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Yup!