PDA

View Full Version : start a fabrication forum?

piku303
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
maybe this question has been posed before but it'd be nice to have a fabrication forum for people who want to build bumpers, sliders, long arms... a lot of threads are already out there it would just be a matter of moving them in to the forum. it would also be nice if the forum was subdivided in to categories like bumpers, sliders, skids, diff guards suspension, blah blah blah.... more work for the admins:supz:

at the very least a fabrication sticky should be made

yours truly,
pikachu

BigDaveZJ
07-24-2008, 06:03 PM
That's pretty much the point of the whole board actually.

D-FRESH WJ
07-24-2008, 07:59 PM
haha yea tha would be prittyy cool

CurtP
07-25-2008, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I was starting to think the board was about which transfer case will fit?

I'm looking forward to will these tires fit? :D

piku303
07-25-2008, 09:08 AM

i thought it was about chit chat...?

grandmaster
07-25-2008, 12:09 PM
If your fabbing something it is probably going on your ZJ right?? Just put it in your built thread.

piku303
07-25-2008, 01:17 PM
navigating the hundreds of build threads can be cumbersome and doesnt generate as much discussion as if there was a dedicated thread to the thing being fabricated.

If your fabbing something it is probably going on your ZJ right?? Just put it in your built thread.

nate
07-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Your mom is cumbersome, but we all still love her.. :supz: :smt081

piku303
07-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Your mom is cumbersome, but we all still love her.. :supz: :smt081

:eek:oh snap! you dont know where she lives though so i dont have to worry about you pervs

dirty
07-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Piku, your gay.

MC is just one great big fabrication/what will or wont work forum. Maybe you should start a web-site called modifying grands for off road use...oh wait...thats been done. Lol.

Just kidding your not gay, I think, but I'm almost certain that was the creators intent for the entire website...fabrication...because nobody makes shit for these things. That's kinda what makes them fun...any asshole can drop off a Rubi to a shop and come out a "bad-ass". We have to work for it.

Not trying to be a dick...but you get it right.

piku303
07-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Piku, your gay.

MC is just one great big fabrication/what will or wont work forum. Maybe you should start a web-site called modifying grands for off road use...oh wait...thats been done. Lol.

Just kidding your not gay, I think, but I'm almost certain that was the creators intent for the entire website...fabrication...because nobody makes shit for these things. That's kinda what makes them fun...any asshole can drop off a Rubi to a shop and come out a "bad-ass". We have to work for it.

Not trying to be a dick...but you get it right.

although a fab site might have been the intention i dont think thats where its at as of now.

SirFuego
07-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I've found that a lot of the good fabrication and other tech is embedded in the Jeep Journals -- and the most useful ones are usually the longest and have a ton of pages.

So I first do a "normal" search and ignore the Jeep Journals. Then I do a second search -- specific to the Jeep Journals forum, BUT I display the results as posts. This will make it easier to get to the right page on the Jeep Journal.

I've found that some of the most helpful threads were written years ago when this site was started. There is rarely a question I have that can't be addressed by searching. The FAQ's are an awesome resource.

hkszx2
07-27-2008, 11:13 PM
altho i may not have actually welded anything for my jeep, the guy thats building my sliders and my bumpers , along with myself have gotten many useful hints and tips just from some of the build threads like maxxs, and aw's

dirty
07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
although a fab site might have been the intention i dont think thats where its at as of now.

True.

BigDaveZJ
07-28-2008, 12:23 AM

So then fab something up and post about it.

CurtP
07-28-2008, 08:13 AM
And in your fabrication thread you post pictures of booger welds, don't get all pissy when we make fun of them.

BigDaveZJ
07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
The board is only as good as its members. Matt and I can only do so much to keep this place "on topic."

ZJ TINS
07-28-2008, 09:05 AM
How do I attach a nut to a bolt???
Why doesnt a pop rivet pop?

piku303
07-28-2008, 09:15 AM
So then fab something up and post about it.

ill try and post up some pics of my ATLZJ remake bumper(with dimensions and what steel to buy) and some hanson style sliders im about to make by the end of this week.