PDA

View Full Version : Auto Enginuity

BigDaveZJ
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Anybody using this on a 96-98 ZJ? Looking at getting it for the truck (it's the best out there for my 'stroke) and wondering how useful it'll be on Pam's ZJ. Already have the OBDII code reader, but it's info is quite limited since all it can do is tell me codes. It'd be nice to be able to read live info and such from the sensors as well to help diagnose any problems if that's possible. They have an expansion for the Chrysler OBDII stuff, but $150-$230 depending on if I do just powertrain or everything, I want to make sure it's worth it.

CurtP
06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I haven't heard of the Auto Enginuity, but I do have an Auto Xray AX-6000 which does data logging, is upgradable and expandable. I also have TTS Datamaster and TunerCat for my Formula.

I don't data log often, but it is invaluable when tuning or troubleshooting an issue. However, don't expect it to be that great in the ZJ compared to your truck.

nate
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Snap On MT2500 works great. They aren't too expensive since they are "old" technology.

jsteves
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
We have AutoTap it is awesome. We use it for live info on all our OBD2 cars and rigs.

nate
07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I had that for a while and I ended up getting rid of it since it didn't work that great. Even with the Chrysler add-on it didn't have too much. Plus having to haul out the laptop to use it got to be a PITA. My laptop is close to 10 years old, so it took forever to get it booted up and everything too.

With the MT2500 I can even turn the headlights on and off through it, sound the seatbelt chime, etc to give you an idea!... and think... that scanner has been out since the mid 90s.

5.2 zj kid
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM
you wanna talk scanners man i just got to play with one of the snap on solus and modius at school man those are awsome but the price tag isnt so awsome . i have the drb 2 works fine for me but i only have obd 1 . another optionin is the pc based scan tool from ease diagnostics .