PDA

View Full Version : Official Announcement!! Dates Set!

chadjans
06-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Grand Slam Southwest 2008: 10-12th of October in the Sedona Arizona area. Stay tuned for more details. Although if you are lucky enough to live in Arizona or came to last years event, you may already know what Sedona is like.

Chad

MitchRonda
06-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Looking for a tent & save'n $$$ for the gas...

FearTheDentist
06-14-2008, 12:58 AM
My font is bigger than yours :rolleyes:

Not really, but I had to say it. Will your buggy be up and running by then? We haven't seen you on the trail in a while.

hoffyinaz
06-14-2008, 07:14 AM
woohoo..... count me in

JBN311
06-14-2008, 08:31 AM
We gotta find something around the Michigan area, dammit!

chadjans
06-16-2008, 11:18 AM
My font is bigger than yours :rolleyes:

Not really, but I had to say it. Will your buggy be up and running by then? We haven't seen you on the trail in a while.

Yeah should be ready. Drove it around the neighborhood yesterday.

InIt4TheFun
06-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks for posting up the dates!!! :D

Had a great time last year in Sedona (GSSW 07) and look forward to making it this year. Will be in Phoenix area during month of October.

froggo27
06-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Hmm GrandSlamWest...check...GrandSlamSouthwest...hmm.

DansZJ
06-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for posting up the dates!!! :D

Had a great time last year in Sedona (GSSW 07) and look forward to making it this year. Will be in Phoenix area during month of October.:smt023:drinkers:

Mtn WJ
06-23-2008, 12:08 PM
For you Denver guys who went last year. How long was the drive? If I understood things right there really was no Motel nearby is that right?
What aobut a place to put a pop up trailer?

Colorado 5.9
06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
You didn't search did you? As in scroll down about 10 or so posts on the GSSW folder? :flipoff2: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13298

It took my Dad & I 16 hours to go down but only 13 to come back.

No there are a couple of nice places. Really depends on how much you want to pay a night.

Sandy, Gary, Matt & his wife, & my Dad & I stayed at the La Vista Motel on the north end of town. It was just fine for what was needed. Rooms were not as nice looking as the Red Stone but just fine. They let us check in after dark & the office was closed.

Just checked out the sight. New carpet & stuff. Maybe they look a bit better now.
http://www.easy-finder.com/brochures/lavista/index.htm

If you want a room there don't delay! There are not that many rooms.

Halfdoc
06-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Keith,

I have had trailers in two of the Sedona area RV parks. My choice would be http://www.ranchosedona.com/ for proximity to the town, but http://www.lolomai.com/index.htm was where we stayed last year with a camp trailer. Both were walking distance to the creek. But Lolo was about 15 min south of town. Rancho was about 1 min. Unfortunately we were never really at either park long enough to enjoy it.

There are also plenty of areas available for free... I know several people camped last year.

Sedona is worth the drive. There is a fair to mid chance that we will be there for the fall colors. You can fish Oak creek. Plenty to do.

David.

Sandy R
06-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Rooms were not as nice looking as the Red Stone but just fine.

So you know it's nothing fancy. And, you wake up to wild pigs scouring the parking lot in the morning. I just booked mine.

Do not recall the La Vista Jeep Rental. Did they have that last year?

recon zj
06-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Just checked out the sight. New carpet & stuff. Maybe they look a bit better now.
http://www.easy-finder.com/brochures/lavista/index.htm

I just reserved my room. Sounds like they're booking pretty quickly.

Colorado 5.9
06-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Do not recall the La Vista Jeep Rental. Did they have that last year?

They had that listed last year too. I never saw any jeeps or asked about them though.

malibu454sss70
07-31-2008, 12:21 AM
hello everyone.. hopefully this year i can make it in a more timely manner but like always i make it. better late than never. This year i locked my rear so i hopefully i can get through some tougher trails. the heep just got to 261k miles of heck. but still going strong.

scann77
09-02-2008, 03:08 PM
im new to being a member but im going to be there. i just need to know exactly where to meet up. my friend with his rubicon will most likley come if thats ok. he was a wj owner but traded it for his rubi

zj95
09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
i want to go... can i still sign up?

Pitch
09-02-2008, 10:46 PM
See other thread for sign up information.

Z
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
See other thread for sign up information.

What other thread?

Pitch
09-02-2008, 11:04 PM
im new to being a member but im going to be there. i just need to know exactly where to meet up. my friend with his rubicon will most likley come if thats ok. he was a wj owner but traded it for his rubi

Welcome aboard! The event will be for Grand Cherokees only. So, your friend is welcomed to ride along in your vehicle, or take his rubi on the other local trails. But, he cannot be officially part of our event... sorry.

Look for the Daily Driver Meetings Post in the another thread coming in the next few days/weeks. Last year's meetings were in the Sedona Safeway on 89A at 8:30 am... expect something similar this year.

billymcmaster
09-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Welcome aboard! The event will be for Grand Cherokees only. So, your friend is welcomed to ride along in your vehicle, or take his rubi on the other local trails. But, he cannot be officially part of our event... sorry.

Look for the Daily Driver Meetings Post in the another thread coming in the next few days/weeks. Last year's meetings were in the Sedona Safeway on 89A at 8:30 am... expect something similar this year.

Wow hat a shock a guy is a member on here for a year and he goes and gets a new better equipped heep and now he cant attend any of the events cause its not a grand cherokee you might want to let the moderator to go ahead and erase my login cause i will not return back to this site anymore.

this is a shame cause we let the GC's attend our(VJC) events just ask hoffyinaz ive wheeled with him and even put his spring back in when he lost his spring in sedona on our last run there. but its just shamefull that you are stuck on brand names your rig says the same thing on all the parts that mine does J.E.E.P. but no hard feelings if i see you broke down on a trail sometime i will still stop and help cause it is a jeep thing not a wrangler/cherokee thing but you probibly wouldn't understand

hoffyinaz
09-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Wow hat a shock a guy is a member on here for a year and he goes and gets a new better equipped heep and now he cant attend any of the events cause its not a grand cherokee you might want to let the moderator to go ahead and erase my login cause i will not return back to this site anymore.

Dont let the door hit ya in the arse............

billymcmaster
09-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Dont let the door hit ya in the arse............

WOW... Hoffy it was nice meeting you too........glad to help:finga:

hoffyinaz
09-04-2008, 01:16 AM
WOW... Hoffy it was nice meeting you too........glad to help:finga:

Sorry, this is a Grand Cherokee mostly site, but a Grand Cherokee only event for GSSW..........................
It was nice meeting with you also, I'm sure we'll wheel more to..........

Z
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Billy - GSSW is an event to celebrate the Grand Cherokee (and the owners that actually take them on trails), it's not a JEEP event. And if it WERE a JEEP event and your friend had an Exploder, you'd probably be mad that it was a Jeep event and not a general wheeling event.

Most of us welcome mixed-rig wheeling, it's just that a couple times a year we like to get together with just Grand Cherokees.

Pitch
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I think Z hit the nail on the head. All year long most of us wheel with CJ's, TJ's, XJ's, Toyotas, Zuks, etc... We do so willingly, look forward to it, and enjoy sharing the trails with anyone and everyone who is a friendly, responsible wheeler. These events (Grand Slams) were specifically created to offer Grand Cherokee owners (with our own "unique" issues) a chance to bond together, talk shop, etc. These events are a 1 or 2x/year event if we are lucky. The other 360+ days per year, we wheel with anyone!

So, like was said in my earlier post, we welcome any fellow wheelers to attend, but to officially be part of the event, the vehicle MUST be registered as a Grand Cherokee.

Every year there is someone who asks if they can bring another rig along, and out of fairness, the answer is still a respectful NO. There are certainly other trail options available in the area for other non-GC's to enjoy, yet still hang out with their friends later in the day.

billymcmaster
09-04-2008, 06:26 PM
pitch i understand and i have posted my public apology at this link
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?p=373014#post373014

FearTheDentist
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Never mind, thanks for the great attitude! Hopefully we'll see you there

rickbeer
09-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Never mind, thanks for the great attitude! Hopefully we'll see you there
May I chime in here :smt065 Probally adding fuel to a fire... YEARS ago I was invited to go wheeling with the Mall crawlers GSSW out Table Mesa (not sure wut year it was) I wheel in a Cherokee not a Grand Cherokee.... & yes I own a WJ .The person may I say persons hassel me on going.. I showed up no big deal Last year I showed up again to the GSSW in Sedona WITH MY Cherokee at first I had some looks from so folks but NO BIG DEAL I am here to have some fun.. Met some really nice folks from around the state & even out of state I even ran in to Jeepers that I havent seen in years..Both me & my wife had a awesome time as always out wheeling in Sedona.. now it is Saturday night time for the raffel Knowing I did not wheel in a (Grand Cherokee) I choose not to participate in the raffel I was even asked WHY I replied back I am a out cast & I was only invited
If you do go & this goes to everyone take & extra trash bag with you & make sure you stop & pick up some trash along the way I hate seeing trash along our trails
=
Mr Dentist I read you have a ZJ buggy for sale If it is up to par maybe I will leave the Cherokee at home
PM sent

zj95
09-05-2008, 01:38 AM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/images/smilies/drummer.gif

malibu454sss70
09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
any kind of meet and greet scheduled any day like last year.