PDA

View Full Version : Eleven Mile State Park and Res.

Mtn WJ
06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
My family and I had a great time at Eleven Mile this weekend. We left late on Friday and came back this afternoon.

First time with the Pop Up Trailer. Well as murphy would have it I broke a leaf spring. We found this out just as we pulled into the campsite. I noticed a little extra drag over the last couple of miles but not that bad. Not sure exactly where it broke.
We decided not to let it ruin our weekend and finished the camping. The Park Maintenance Group let me park the camper in their compound before we left for home and until I return one evening this week. Very Cool Guys. I just need to get the parts and return before the weekend as I will be out of town and have to work during the day this week as well. Can you say midnight run for trailer recovery? I am replacing the entire suspension and keeping a full side of spare parts. I will still need to fix the inside of the fender well as the tire rubbed a hole in it.

So the rest of the weekend went great. Fishing was good, Food was good and the weather was decent except for a lot of wind. We had a good time exploring the St George - Eleven Mile area. I plan to return with Keaton to do some more serious fishing for the Kokanee later in the summer.

My Jeep pulled the camper pretty good even up the hills. I was going the same speed as other people pulling campers. Cant ask for more than that with my 4.0. Being lifted 6 inches I was worried how it would do in cross winds and curvy roads pulling a trailer. Frankly I hardly noticed it. My pop up is only 1200 lbs loaded down.

BigDaveZJ
06-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Shoulda brought your welder!! A little welding and a lug wrench and you would've been back on your way in no time!

Mtn WJ
06-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Shoulda brought your welder!! A little welding and a lug wrench and you would've been back on your way in no time!

Good Idea except that someone has my welder.

Probably a good thing because I would have welded the spring and it would have waited until I was on the Highway to break again.

jsteves
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Let me know if you need help on the recovery. Teachers hours....so my days are pretty open right now.

Mtn WJ
06-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks,

I will let you know. I think I found the correct spring. Kind of a PITA but fortunately I took the bad one with me to measure.

I need to drive to Commerce City to get them and will then decide which day to get the camper.

Keith

jsteves
06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Cool, just let me know.

Mtn WJ
06-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Well I was able to get the parts at a place called Jims Repair off of 58th and I25. They stock a lot of parts and all they do is trailer repair. I was able to get 2 springs, all shackles and ubolts as well as the parts I need for my lift on the camper for 75 bucks. Great place and I recommend them for anyone needing trailer parts.

I will be leaving after work on Tuesday. My son will be going along to help. If you want to go for the ride your welcome and would be cool to have you along. Otherwise I think I am covered.

Keith

jsteves
06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Since you don't need the help I think I will save the gas $$ for wheeling. Let me know if anything changes!

Mtn WJ
06-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Well I pulled into the driveway about and hour ago with the trailer in tow.

jsteves
06-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Nice. Sounds like it went pretty smoothly then!

Mtn WJ
06-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Yea I had it fixed in less than an hour. I took the entire side completely apart on Sunday to be sure I got the right parts. I then bought all new parts, which made it easy to put back together. No rusted bolts and crap when everything is new. I will re-do the other side this week before I take it back to storage.