PDA

View Full Version : we've had fires, we've had sinkholes, and now floods???

BigDaveZJ
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
So in '02 the trip across I-70 was in question because of the Hayman and several other fires. In 03 or 04 it was the big sinkhole on Vail Pass. Heard a blurb this morning on the radio about parts of 70 being closed around Junction because of flooding.

You hear anything about this Todd??

BigDaveZJ
05-23-2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/news/stories/2008/05/22/052308_1a_flooding.html

Hopefully things will calm down by next week!

If it's any consolation though, wacky weather and natural disasters have usually matched up with me NOT breaking anything at GSW. LOL

fpkites
05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
There was a pretty good fire on the mesa by GJ last year Dave - coincided with you destroying your rig ya know.

Then again, that was after GSW, so maybe you set that fucker on your way out :D

BigDaveZJ
05-23-2008, 01:22 PM
It was already burning by the time we got there! I had forgotten about that one. The fire west of Glenwood was a lot closer to the highway though, and looked bigger too. So when crazy shit happens BEFORE GSW I'm good.

But then nothing happened the year I ripped a UCA mount off the unibody, bent an axle shaft, and taco'd both front UCA's within about 30 seconds. Oh wait, Pam did say yes when I asked her to marry me, that's a miracle in itself, LOL

fpkites
05-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Ahhh...so you set the bitch on your way out...I see...firebug :finga:

Bustin' Loose
05-23-2008, 11:08 PM
It was already burning by the time we got there! I had forgotten about that one. The fire west of Glenwood was a lot closer to the highway though, and looked bigger too. So when crazy shit happens BEFORE GSW I'm good.

But then nothing happened the year I ripped a UCA mount off the unibody, bent an axle shaft, and taco'd both front UCA's within about 30 seconds. Oh wait, Pam did say yes when I asked her to marry me, that's a miracle in itself, LOL

I'm thinking it is an every other year thing. 2005 you busted all your shit and got a fiance; 2006 was uneventful, 2007 you busted your shit day one and got...umm....two busted ass tires as well (2005 was a better "bust" year for you) so this year - the gods willing- we should be fine?

Why is it you are always busting your shit but I manage to keep it all together?

PassRunnerZJ
05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
The river should be down by the time you come through, they are routing traffic on the old hwy currently, no biggy, just a little more time to get there.

BigDaveZJ
05-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Now dog food???

http://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=92422

PassRunnerZJ
05-25-2008, 10:25 PM
What we can't compete with in the news as far as tornados goes, we make up with other bizzare things on the Western Slope. Arf, arf, arf...

http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/headlines/19250804.html
Straw houses and such, where is the wolf?

Mtn WJ
05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Good thing the tornado's are in eastern Colorado. I hope the guy is a non smoker.

PassRunnerZJ
05-27-2008, 04:44 PM
That would be funny, similar to the guy up north of Parchute that build his fireplace out of shale (oil shale that is) and burned his cabin up when they were first setteling (sp) that area.

Now if he built it out of hemp... Yea officer all the neighbors came over the help put the fire out, but then got out the marshmellows.:D