PDA

View Full Version : f350 torque shift maitnence quesion

slim616
04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
okay went to the stealership today to get some warrenty work done and asked them about changing the trannyfluid. I told the guy that I all ready had the filter and asked if they could use that seeing I had purchased it from them. he then informed me that they didn't need it because what they do is hook up a machine and suck out all the fluid and that the only time it needs to be changed is when it clogs to the point of fluid not getting thru. I thought at first that it was total bull shit and it would f-up the tranny. But then i started thinking wouldn't they have to warrenty the work and do it by ford specs? does any one know what the exact protocol is for servicing these trannys?

nate
04-28-2008, 06:38 PM
That is normal for any trans really. You shouldn't have to change the filter since the trans shouldn't be self destructing. A good operating trans won't be making any junk to get in the filter.

BLK97ZJ
04-28-2008, 10:53 PM
If it were mine i'd change the filter. Even if its not clogged you can get in indication of how "healthy" your tranny is by the sediment in the the bottom of the pan/ magnet. And chances are if its not warrenty work the dealership does its service work how ever they want.

slim616
04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
If it were mine i'd change the filter. Even if its not clogged you can get in indication of how "healthy" your tranny is by the sediment in the the bottom of the pan/ magnet. And chances are if its not warrenty work the dealership does its service work how ever they want.

starting to think this myself. I'll let them do this one and the next 30k I'll switch out filters and fluid and go with AMS oil.