PDA

View Full Version : Need source for edging (post fender trim)

Ted_Z
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Where can you buy some of the edging/molding that covers the sharp edge now that I cut my front fenders?

local source prefered. Thanks!

Insert comment about not searching, newb tech or other below.

CurtP
04-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Uh - auto parts store.

Did your parents have any children that survived?

Ted_Z
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Checker, Advance, Napa, Pep-boys? I haven't had any luck yet at the chains near me.

Nonstop
04-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Everyone of those should have it, maybe not Napa, but definitely pep boys, that might be one of the only things they do have.. I know Advanced and Autozone have it..
4x4 Tech??

CurtP
04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
No shit? At the Pep Boys around here, they sell it in rolls in chrome, black or gold. It's usually over with the stick-on body side molding.

You could always order it online. I know places like JC Whitney sell it. I think they just call it door edge trim. Better quality edging is usually available at automotive paint supply stores. One of the local places here used to sell the stainless steel door edging in rolls. I don't know if you can get that type anymore.

fpkites
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I saw it at PepBoys Ted - The one out by me (44th and Wadsworth) had nice long lengths of it. Didn't see a price though.

Ted_Z
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Went by Pep-boys and yes they had it, sorry for being retarded. $15 for a 25' roll. Doesn't look very heavy duty, just held on by some glue stuff in the middle. I was hoping to find some stuff more like weather stripping that actually clamps on, but oh well.

BTW, now I remember why I don't ever shop at pep-boys. They've got rows and rows of every flame painted, plastic, chrome, fresh smelling, bolt-on accessory known to man but very few parts in stock.

fpkites
04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Big time ricer shit there. I usually only go there when they've got a good tool sale going on. Never bought parts from them.

jfowlzj95
04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I picked some up at O'Reilly's, don't remember the exact length but it was more than enough. Also don't remember what I paid either, I think it was under $10 for 2 packs.

ATL ZJ
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I used some stuff from McMaster Carr one time. Not terribly expensive- I think maybe $1 a foot for the most expensive type.. They have many varieties and have techical specs/ diagrams so you know exactly what you're buying. www.mcmaster.com (http://www.mcmaster.com) if you aren't already familiar.

nate
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
eBay as well.

I got some a while back from R&P Carriages I think is the name. I had bought some stuff from them like a year before and I never used it (D rings for my truck). I traded them in on the weatherstriping and the guy cut me a helluva deal.