PDA

View Full Version : WJ fender flares ?

wjguy
03-19-2008, 03:31 PM
any ideas on making some fender flares for a WJ.

I just got done doing a hpd44 and 9'' and some 37''s went on a short test drive and and i mean short less than 6 blocks and got a ticket for no fender flares and no mud flaps. The mud flaps taken care of but the flares.

I was thinking of having my buddy make me new front fenders out of steel but I dont know.

grandmaster
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Im sure you could get some bushwackers to work if you wanted a flare like that. And also Iceland offroad is going to be making some but they need to have 200 people sign up for them before they go into production. And post up some pix i want to see this thing .

grandmaster
03-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Just kidding about the pix i found them

tywilson88
03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
rusty's sells some fiberglass flares... they hold up really well offroad... i have tested them

Pitch
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
You could run some tube from your front bumper to the rockers and tack in some sheet metal between the tube and the sheet metal body. It would serve as a fender guard and mud flap to please the fuzz. You could do the same out back, but would need a different bumper to tie in to.

death-mobile
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
flares? you don't need no steekin flares!

:booya:

wjguy
03-24-2008, 02:16 PM
flares? you don't need no steekin flares!

:booya:

thats is what I told the cop when he was writing me a ticket
:mad:

death-mobile
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
:D I have actually been harassed while my jeep was parked in my driveway before. How cool is that? I was actually looking into it and thought about getting a set of bushwhacker pocket style flares that they use on 4 door cherokee. I have a feeling it will be an awkward fit, and a waste of almost 400 bucks, but it might be worth it to keep the fuzz from pulling me over.

dangerousdave
03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
wow i cant believe you got a ticket for that.... I dont think its bad enough fo need flaps.... FREAKIN COPS:smt070

death-mobile
03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you will never need mudflaps for a ZJ/WJ because they consider a station wagon or something. I forget where online I found it, but pretty much the only think you need for a severely modified grand cherokee is a set of fender flares for wide tires.

bshows73
05-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Thread resurrection!!! Has anyone cut the XJ bushwackers to fit a WJ? I have a customer who wants/needs flares but doesn't like the Iceland flares I was thinking of getting the ZJ rears and the ZJ fronts however they are shaped slightly different. I have installed the XJ flares on a ZJ with success although it was a complete pain. Anyone have any info?
Thanks,
Bryant