PDA

View Full Version : Tread Lightly! Charity Auction

BigDaveZJ
03-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Tread Lightly! to Host eBay Charity Auction

In an effort to raise money to combat urgent off-road recreation issues on public land, the nonprofit Tread Lightly! is holding a major charity auction on eBay, June 2-11.

More than 150 items have been donated from companies across the country for the cause, including a new UTV from John Deere.

“Recreation access has come to a pivotal crossroads this year,” said Tread Lightly!’s executive director Lori McCullough. “Tread Lightly! needs to grow its resources immediately to implement several education, communications and restoration initiatives designed to protect the outdoors and access.”

A few of the auction items include:

Featured Products

Retail Value

Starting Bid

Gator™ CX Utility Vehicle from John Deere

$5,388

$4,600

Roof Rack for the LR3 from Land Rover Flatirons

$1,100

$799

Pocket Style Fender Flares for Ford Super Duty Trucks from Bushwacker®

$630

$399

Horntones FX-550, the world’s first MP3 enabled vehicle horn system from Horntones®

$300

$199

48” Hi-Lift X-treme Jack from the Hi-Lift Jack Company

$101

$61

Gift certificate for a 4-hour 4x4 driving course from Sedona Jeep School

$250

$150

Gen-Right Jeep Full Stretch Corner Guard Set from JRT Offroad

$330

$290

Certificate good for one set of Quick Disconnects from TeraFlex

$125

$75

40-Channel Compact Mobile CB Radio from Quadratec®

$80

$49

Jeep 56-quart cooler from JPCooler

$64

$38

"You May Need This Kit" 10 piece off-road survival kit from PU-Products

$100

$60

Hydra Water System from Rompalicious 4x4 Inc.

$90

$55

PullzAll™ electric tool from Warn Winch

$250

$150

ExtremeAire Compressor from Extreme Outback Products

$400

$239

Electric Winch SI 12000 from Mile Marker

$1,000

$499

Plus plenty of powersports accessories and outdoor gear.

Get more information about the auction and see the rest of the products at www.treadlightly.org.

Tread Lightly!, Inc. is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to proactively protect recreation access and opportunities in the outdoors through education and stewardship initiatives. Tread Lightly! is the nation’s signature ethics message for outdoor enthusiasts that use motorized vehicles. The organization also offers unique training and restoration programs strategically designed to instill an ethic of responsibility in a wide variety of outdoor enthusiasts and the industries that serve them.

###

5.9 ANDY
03-23-2008, 01:42 AM
darn, i wish i had money.

NorCalWJ
04-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Hey Dave, ever thought of printing some Tread Lightly, Ride Hard stickers or something of nature that helps educate the young pouchers who see your guy's rigs and have no clue.

BigDaveZJ
04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Dave, ever thought of printing some Tread Lightly, Ride Hard stickers or something of nature that helps educate the young pouchers who see your guy's rigs and have no clue.

I always keep a stash of Tread Lightly and Stay the Trail info in my rig.