PDA

View Full Version : No Use For A Name

KeepItCrunk
03-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Sooo... Been around here for a few years...

Started with this. 96 Lardeo. 132k, auto, 4.0, 242, new 42re, 3.55s and blah blah. 2 12'' shitbox subs, 600 watt cont. shitbox amp, shitbox cd player. It had a 2'' BB, the spacers were these aluminum circle things that were UNDER the coils, so disgustingly dangerously scary.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/ZJfirstwheel.jpg
Those lasted about a week... So I got a REAL bb and a 2'' RE BB kit and some 31/11.50/15 STS radials on my old MT Classic II rims.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/FlexinZJsnow.jpg
That summer I blew my tranny... Sooo, i swapped in a 5 speed:cheer: . Had a bunch of 5 speed stuff from my ol YJ to use. So it was AX15 with a Centerforce Series II clutch, and got a pedal assembly from JW jeeps, and did the swap over the 4th of July weekend. Jumped up like 3-4 mpg with that swap alone, i was amped. While it was being swapped to a 5 speed, i put my 2.5 header back with a FM D40 and Magnaflow high-flow cat, did my 99+ WJ IM swap and a Rugged Ridge TJ header (custom engine mount now). About a week before that swap i got my hands on fixed Crusty's lowers, Rubi fixed flex-joint uppers, 4'' RK front coils, JKS trackbar, Fabtech SS, and 4 10'' travel RS9000X's. Everything about about 400 bucks? Did a F>R swap, and added a bit of length to the stock rear TB and called it good. Wheeled the piss outta it, wish i had mroe pics. Later that year, the rear end started making weird and horrible noises... popped the spiderssss, enbded up losing 4 teeth. Guy in the local listing had a lock-rite for like 125 bucks, picked that up n slapped her in too. Flexed pretty damn good, it made me happy, and pwn3d on alot of my friends with XJ's on 31's. Where better to wheel then my local housing development?
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/Flexzj2.jpg
Front 30 pinion bearing had had it, rear pinion bearing and right axle seal was a big ditto. So i got a XJ HP30 w/ 3.73's REAL cheap, and then a AL44 with 3.73 off GreenMountainZJ (thanks again, and how'd that 231 link work?;) ). I swapped those in with rear V8 coils, because after a summer of towning my YZ450 around, the I6 springs had pooped out real bad. I wheeled it in that for a little, then decided i needed a daily drive and a project. This is how she sits as of my writing this:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/000_0009.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/000_0007.jpg
BTW, Just becuase you're locked; doesn't mean your invincible. I wish someone had told me that... Went for this puddle out on some power lines are a nice rock climb, looks really easy... Had a telephone pole in it and my front left went over it then the front right hit it and i stopped dead. So both wheels were jammed on the pole, which was on my axle tubes/control arm mount on the axle, basically completely holding me up. It was really funny watching both rear wheels just spinning, as they had no weight on them.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/BuriedZJ2.jpg
Funyn aprt was, my friend and his "locked" xj on 37's and said "go for it man, i can pull you out if u get hung up". He lied about the locked part, had to have my other friend tie to him adn both pull to get me off the damn submerged pole... I ahd the lock-rite box in the back still, figured it would be a good photo-op. Check the sweet shorts and sexy legs.:finga:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/Lock-RiteAd.jpg

piku303
03-11-2008, 01:16 AM
even locked, with those tires, i'd say your anything but invincible

froggo27
03-11-2008, 08:08 AM
are you being pulled out by your axel?

Firestarter
03-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Lacking rear recovery points FTL

piku303
03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Lacking rear recovery points FTL

a hitch cost less than having to having a tow truck take your jeep to a shop and then having the bracket that ripped off rewelded...i think most of us, including me, have done it before, but if your serious at all about wheeling your jeep do your self a favor and buy a hitch. i got a class III hitch brand new from the dealer for 150...its worth it!

jsteves
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
a hitch cost less than having to having a tow truck take your jeep to a shop and then having the bracket that ripped off rewelded...i think most of us, including me, have done it before, but if your serious at all about wheeling your jeep do your self a favor and buy a hitch. i got a class III hitch brand new from the dealer for 150...its worth it!

And you got ripped off. I had no fewer than 3 floating around my garage at point...sold 'em all cheap. They are almost a dime a dozen

piku303
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
And you got ripped off. I had no fewer than 3 floating around my garage at point...sold 'em all cheap. They are almost a dime a dozen

i know i know...i had a big wheelin trip the next day and nobody on here or nagca at the time had one.

KeepItCrunk
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey, when i got that jeep adn saw those tires, i thought it was the shit. :smt082 haha. But yeah, no rear recovery points. I was shitting myself hoping it wasnt gonna rip off cause it was my own error... I actually forgot to add i have a class 3 hitch now, and i have d-rings on it so that shouldn't happen again. I have a class 2 for sale for a zj, :bling:

KeepItCrunk
03-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Just figured id post up a pic of the tow rig. I just towed a SA 89 yota on 36'' iroks back from northern Maine. I got 14.7 MPG at 80-85 MPH the whole way home, thats wut my damn ZJ got when it was an auto on 31's, actually better :mad:. I usually get 17+ mpg in that pig, thats with 20 mins of warm up time a day and its winter. She got 14.1 when i got her unladen, but i blew an inj pump, so i put a new one in, n traded my BlueChip box for a Smarty for warranty reasons, made a sick homebrew intake, and got a sick exhaust for 300 bucks (stock one broke off.. wuts a man to do :D ) and then i went up to 17+ mpg with the box setting on 9 (highest setting). Im running at least 80% bio now as well, so at 2 bucks a gallon, a 36 gal tank ain't that bad, im loving it (considering diesel here is 4:17 at the moment:finga: ). Its giving me some time to save up for the ZJ build.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/100_0579.jpg

KeepItCrunk
05-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Saw this beast in the want ads for 100 bucks... guy ended up having 2, so i bought them both for 180. The next weekend i went to a jeep thing that ended up being pretty ghey (as expected... bb xjs and tjs on 33's, but w/e, good company) and someone was talkin about lookin for a 300 and how he couldn't find any for less then 500 bucks, so i was like, 300 here n now i got one... he went to an ATM, talked me down to 250, an he had the other 300. :D

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/100_0598.jpg

So the other day I began the comp-cutting...:smt027

This;
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/100_0656.jpg
Plus this:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/100_0655.jpg
Equals;
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/keepitcrunk96zj/100_0657.jpg
The Mikes is for my friends g/f, btw :gayflag: Figured i'd mention that before i got flamed on... and while im at it, those are not OSHA approved goggles... those are my old riding goggles, way to set an example! Those stupid Wildcats wont hold air for more then a day, its such a pita. I needa find tires that hold air, anyone aroudn me with bald rims/tires that hold ari they wanna get rid of for free???

zj95maxx
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
holy crap, what are your plans, why the comp cut? more pics!

ILikeMud
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
So you got buzzed off 1 Bud Light and decided to comp cut your shit?

piku303
05-03-2008, 10:32 PM
im guessing that it was the wine cooler, and his gf drank the beer.

zjnick
05-04-2008, 04:53 PM
I am liking the tow rig...running bio is awesome...get rid of the gray on the front bumper and clean up those headlights and it would be blinging lookin....

STS + Alteeza's = bad / not invincible

We need more pics of this so called comp cutting going on....I hope you knew up past a certain point your actually going to be cutting through 2 pieces of metal...I am now interested...PICS!

KeepItCrunk
05-04-2008, 09:01 PM
yeah... those mikes kill me... but I can take those a little better then the Green Apple Smirnoff's.:cheer2:

But im stretching it a bit so i can clear a 38.5/15/16 bogger at full stuff without having to tear into my door and all that sh!t. Im aware of two pieces of metal as well, my friend has a sheet metal brake so I jsut cut it as i needed and ill spot weld the filler panel in there just to keep it clean looking, and without a gigantic sharp piece of metal hanging out to eat tires. Me and my friends were gettin all anal on wut to cut n what not to, then we were jsut like, umm, everything front the bottom of the tape and below? well figure it out after... and it ended up working great! :D

Its been rainy shitty and cold all week here so i havent gotten an further, just started tearing down the 300 for the 4:1 and making my multimount cage/mount for my winch. Actually, another good find! 9500 LB ramsey winch off this random kid for 100 bucks with no cable or controller, works mint! it'd been sittin in his garage in a corner for years, it was all covered in dust n shit, a few balst of compressed air an it was mint. I'm stoked on it!

Oh and nick; I just painted the shit black beucase i HATE chrome... I was gonna paint it all but i decided I needed to make a bumper for it seeing as i actually use my truck. The bumpers already dented n beaten to shit. I also just got a new set of black housing head lights for it, NOT fawking projectors either, jsut black housing... clean it up like u said. But u sounded pretty interested in the altezza's. Im runnin LED's in the bumper now, ill let the pair of smoked JDM altezza's go for 45 just got you ;)

zj95maxx
05-04-2008, 09:06 PM
got axle swaps in the future?

KeepItCrunk
05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Nope, I spooled the AL44 and put an ARB on the LP30, i should b ok it i go easy...

:rofl:

Yeah, i found a friend gettin rid of some CUCV zaxles, 14B and a 60, chebby obv. 4.88 and the rears got a detroit, not sure bout the front tho. still saving...

Jeeperoni91
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
38's on a 44a and a lp30 isn't gunna hold no matter what you've got in them.

piku303
05-07-2008, 02:41 AM
38's on a 44a and a lp30 isn't gunna hold no matter what you've got in them.

unless you could truss them and upgrade the ring and pinion to a heavy duty application, which i dont even know if they exist for the 30 or 44a those 38s are going to tear that shit up.

zjinprogress
05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
did either of you actually read his post? cucv axles.

Kraqa
05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
show us more pics of the comp cut. i love that shit!!

Bottledbird68
05-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Its been rainy shitty and cold all week here so i havent gotten an further, just started tearing down the 300 for the 4:1 and making my multimount cage/mount for my winch. Actually, another good find! 9500 LB ramsey winch off this random kid for 100 bucks with no cable or controller, works mint! it'd been sittin in his garage in a corner for years, it was all covered in dust n shit, a few balst of compressed air an it was mint. I'm stoked on it!

Hmm, was his name tom in Athol?

KeepItCrunk
05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Ok guys, i'll admit i'm a retard sometimes... but read the whole post, that AL44/LP30 thing was a joke, idk wut CUCV specificaly stands for but its what the military calls its 1 ton (maybe 1.25 ton? im not sure) chevy trucks, just like a H1 is reffered to as HMMVV or w/e.

And no, the winch was from a special kid from templeton named eric, he rocks 37's and a TNT kit on a otherwise completely stock XJ... though hes very confident in his "yukon shafts". He is what me and my friends refer to as a "puddle hopper" because the more mud he has on his xj the better he thinks his sh!t smells. He also claims to have 4.88's, a detroit in the back and a 4.6 stroker, but if it is, then hes runnin on 4 cyls... And its stilla 1 wheel wonder front and rear without a doubt... kids just... idk, good kid but a little :liar: and :confused:... I try to stay away from Athol and the surrounding areas as well because most, not all, but most people who wheel from out there just do things that are downright scary, unsafe and just f*cking stupid.

Progress has come to a screeching halt at the moment tho, no one wants my YZ450F, its an 04... comes on trailer, with original title in hand, jsut had lots of work done and full records :bling: 4 grand come onnnnnnn ;) .

Till then, i have a comp cut and gutted ZJ on flat 31'' WildCat EXT's in my backyard :smt082 . And yes the neighbors love me!

minydigger
05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
How about some finished pics of the cut job?