02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Just ordered a chip from Jody at DP Tuner. Went with:

0: No Start
1: Stock
2: 80 hp Econ
3: 120 hp Race
4: 80 hp Tow High Altitude
5: 1400 RPM High Idle

Truck's already pretty quick as it is, definitely excited about getting the chip in there. Should help a bit on the long pulls up the passes too. Once I get a 4" MBRP exhaust the truck will stop stealing money from the Jeep for a while.

TrojanMan
02-01-2008, 11:08 AM
As soon as my tax return check comes in next week i'll be ordering one too.. make sure to get us a good quality video up of thick black smoke plumes:D

BigDaveZJ
02-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Nice, what tunes are you planning on?

TrojanMan
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
no start, stock, hi idle 1100rpm, 40hp, 80 econo, 120hp, and 140smoke/lope

nate
02-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Ha, my trucks have been stealing my money for a few years. I haven't put anything into the Jeep for a long time now. Shit it had been parked since before Christmas till earlier this week when I took it to work.

TrojanMan
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
where is it

slim616
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
dave if could post up something on the performance after you get it. I was also thinking about putting a chip in mine but wasn't sure on what brand to go with.

nate
02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Are you guys running guages along with this chip?

It would be a very good idea to get setup with an EGT guage and if auto trans, a trans temp guage.
Boost guage is handy as well.

They aren't expensive compared to the cost of rebuilding an engine, just keep that in mind.

That being said, you pProbably won't have an issue with just a 120hp upgrade, BUT it's nice to not be guessing what the engine is doing when your pulling those long grades.

Sorry I can't help on the power department, I don't know Fords too much. I can talk Dodge though.

My66coupe
02-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Are you planning on doing injectors or big oil after this? You will probably trip the Check Engine Light at the 120 setting for either overboost or lack of oil....only at WOT of course.

Make sure you have guages...your egts are going to be considerably higher with the chip...

I would check and tighten all your intercooler boots/clamps and intake boots/clamps. With the added boost, you will be able to pop the boots no problem.

Mike

RollinBallsDeep
02-07-2008, 07:49 PM
X2 for over boosting, had that come up with my PS 7.3, my PS 6.0 was all good tho

BigDaveZJ
02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Put the gauges in last year, and I don't plan on using the 120 setting very often.

nate
02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
... sure...

That's like saying, oh I'll only go up to a 33" :D

Pretty soon you'll have injectors, bigger turbo, beef trans, etc in that truck. I have long since abandoned my Jeep and I work on my truck and Blazer instead. (both diesels)

AprilzWarrior
02-08-2008, 01:57 AM
These guys have KILLER pricing on almost everything... where Im getting my PacBrake stuff...

http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com

They match as well.

BigDaveZJ
02-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Got the tuner in tonight. Didn't get a chance to play much though since it fawking snowed again. Got into it a LITTLE bit though, and WOW big difference so far, even on just the 80hp setting.

BigDaveZJ
02-08-2008, 11:06 AM
... sure...

That's like saying, oh I'll only go up to a 33" :D

Pretty soon you'll have injectors, bigger turbo, beef trans, etc in that truck. I have long since abandoned my Jeep and I work on my truck and Blazer instead. (both diesels)

I bought my Jeep almost 8 years ago and up until last summer I was still on 33's. :flipoff2:

BigDaveZJ
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
dave if could post up something on the performance after you get it. I was also thinking about putting a chip in mine but wasn't sure on what brand to go with.

Definitely pleased with the performance increase. I would assume you would achieve similar gains with your 6.0. Jody has one of the best reputations out there for tuning Powerstrokes, and that combined with all of the different tuning options you can choose from is what sold me on it.

BigDaveZJ
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
So having towed a few times now with the Tuner, wow, definitely impressed. Towed from Denver to Moab and back, and Denver to Buena Vista and back. Lots of elevation change on both trips. With the 80hp high altitude tow it maintains speed a LOT easier up the hills, and can accelerate pretty easy up them too. The EGT's can get high pretty quick if you're not careful, but the only time I've had to switch back to the stock program was on very long climbs where I just couldn't keep the EGT's down. Of course I still have the stock exhaust, which isn't helping any in that department. Hopefully I can get a 4" MBRP setup on there soon to help out with the power even more, but more importantly keep my EGT's down. Fuel mileage has also increased with the chip as well. I was getting 10-11mpg before, and now I'm getting 12-13 towing, so I'm definitely pleased with that.