PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil now offers DOT3 & DOT4 Brake Fluid

Cue-Ball
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Brand new product from Amsoil and you see it first here!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that it is recommended to change the brake fluid in your vehicle every 2 years by most auto manufacturers?

The average for changing the brake fluid is 10 years in actuallity!!

Why is it important to change your brake fluid?
The fluid gets contaminated by water after just 1 year it could contain as much as 2% water.

Heat generated by the pads and shoes will heat the brake fluid and the fluid can get so hot that it can actually boil the water that is in the fluid causing "spongy" feel to the breaks.

The most important factor in brake fluid is boiling temp. DOT standards for DOT3 is 401*, and DOT4 is 446*, well Amsoils boiling temps are 525* and 580* (repectively). So with a higher boiling temp the less likely the % of water in your brake fluid will boil and vaporize causing poor braking performance.

So think about the last time you changed your brake fluid in not only your wheeling rig, but also your personal vehicles and hit me up if you want some pricing on some of the best brake fluid out there.

If you want all the technical stuff you can check out the Amsoil site, here is a direct link to the brake fluid page https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/bf3.aspx

wonder371
03-19-2008, 12:34 PM
can DOT4 be used in a WJ?

I know some higher DOT brake fluid causes trouble with ABS.

Cue-Ball
03-19-2008, 12:52 PM
It is my understanding that DOT 4 should not cause a problem with the ABS, infact I think I am running DOT 4 in my Jeep right now (not the Amsoil stuff yet as it was not out when I did the fluid change).

Dirk