PDA

View Full Version : LAND USE EMERGENCY!! PLEASE READ AND PASS ON!!

mr_wallace
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Land Use EMERGENCY!

PLEASE READ AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, PASS ON!

Most people that are involved in motorized recreation, (4x4’s, ATV/MX, snowmobiles etc.) are not aware of what is happening on ALL our public lands. We are about to get hit with a TIDAL WAVE of route closures all across the United States in the form of Environmental Impact Statements.

That wave began in Eldorado National Forest, home to the Rubicon trail and many other popular OHV areas. In that one National Forest, we could be losing 1,800 miles of routes, most of them normal, dirt, graded forest roads. This means access to the forest will be severely limited. These closures will effect everyone who wants to visit a National Forest, hikers, hunters, fisherman, campers, RVs, bird watchers, Four Wheelers, ATV/MX enthusiasts etc.

That same wave just crashed in Moab, and it’s heading your way.

The biggest problem we have: Lack of funds.

The “other” side, who wants to see our trails closed forever, has hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank. Most of which is spent in the courtroom. While we have had many victories in the Courtroom, we still have more fighting to do!!

While we spend hundreds, if not thousands on our bikes, ATV’s and rigs, the average OHV user spends NOTHING on keeping our trails open. THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!

I am BEGGING each and every one of you to donate at least $20.00 to the Blue Ribbon Coalition. They are the national organization that fights for the rights of people who use motorized recreation. They desperately need the cash to keep our trails open on public lands in order to keep us in the fight! Believe it or not, they have won some MAJOR battles for us! Please help these unsung heros keep fighting for our acess to public lands!

https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/join_or_contribute

I know it is the holiday season. I am broke too. But it is of the utmost importance that the OHV community starts to come together and understand what we are against.

PLEASE take the time to become informed! The Friends of Eldorado National Forest will be posting bulletins on land-use issues so you can be aware. PLEASE pass those on as you get them.

Currently, THE place to get up-to-date information on route closures and land-use issues is www.pirate4x4.com/landuse While it is a 4x4 site, I encourage ALL of the OHV community to join the discussion in that forum.

PLEASE RECREATE RESPONSIBLY !!

northgazj
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
We're facing it on the east coast now as well. Three of the better trails in Tellico have been closed for a year, minimally, and the rest of the park is closed between January 1-March 31. This is just a start of what could possibly be the end of Tellico.

Please everyone, don't get discouraged. Support UFWDA and the many organizations fighting for our lands!