PDA

View Full Version : Installing generic windshield washer reservoir

Z
12-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Like the WJ, my WK has the windshield washer reservoir next to the driver's side front tire. I want to move it. There's a nice spot on the firewall that would accept this: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000170070/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000170070/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000170070

Is there a way to reuse the pump and low-fluid level sensor from the stock unit? Has anyone relocated/replaced their WJ reservoir while retaining the low-fluid sensor? How does the sensor install in the WJ reservoir - is there a screw-off / screw-on mechanism, or is it a totally integrated unit?

The WK's electrical system seems to have very tight tolerances so I'd rather re-use all the stock electrical stuff if possible. I just don't know how pumps and sensors affix to the stock reservoir and if they can be transplanted to a replacement reservoir.

ILikeMud
12-16-2007, 11:47 AM
I know SLO MO switched to a ZJ washer res. in his WJ.
Maybe try sending him a PM for some info.

FearTheDentist
12-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I switched to a ZJ reservoir in my WJ ($5.00 on ebay including both pumps)- it's not as irregular of a shape as the WJ reservoir and the top 2 mounting tabs are in the same plane so it's easy to mount to a flat surface. Just spliced the wiring in, no problem.
I don't know how applicable this is to a WK, but hope it helps.