PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a solid tow rig / DD

TrojanMan
12-12-2007, 01:25 AM
2001 F250 7.3L, 102k miles. Great shape.

http://photos-886.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v172/172/69/11817886/n11817886_35124241_750.jpg
http://photos-886.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v172/172/69/11817886/n11817886_35124242_1068.jpg
http://photos-886.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v172/172/69/11817886/n11817886_35124243_1423.jpg
http://photos-886.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v172/172/69/11817886/n11817886_35124244_1778.jpg

19onebadzj96
12-12-2007, 01:31 AM
nice truck... Nothing Shall Ever Tear Us Asunder

TrojanMan
12-12-2007, 03:27 AM
nice truck... Nothing Shall Ever Tear Us Asunder

OΥΔΕΝ ΔΙΑΣΠΑΣΕΙ ΗΜΑΣ

Nice to see i'm in good company. Delta lambda, eta zeta, or eta mu?

Hurricane 4x4
12-12-2007, 03:51 AM
frat boys...

nice truck, now you need a rig to tow. fix yo shit

redline61
12-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Sure wish that I could afford a new tow rig.

redline61
12-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Nice truck by the way

SuicideTireZJ
12-12-2007, 04:54 AM
All of us GDI's could only wish our parents could afford nice things for us like that. Or, in my case, I wish I had a decent enough GPA that my parents wouldn't mind buying me nice things like that.

Just messing with you, nothing wrong with frats. I kinda actually feel sorry for the way my school is treating them.

Love the truck, by the way.

TrojanMan
12-12-2007, 11:17 AM
All of us GDI's could only wish our parents could afford nice things for us like that. Or, in my case, I wish I had a decent enough GPA that my parents wouldn't mind buying me nice things like that.

Just messing with you, nothing wrong with frats. I kinda actually feel sorry for the way my school is treating them.

Love the truck, by the way.

I pay for 100% of everything in my life - tuition, fraternity dues, housing, truck payments, insurance, food, clothing, etc.

And thanks:D

OverkillZJ
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
VERY nice!!!

BigDaveZJ
12-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm just happy you listened to me and got a 7.3!

ZoPHaR
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Nice truck, I would have to agree with your choice, because if it were a 6.0 you'd deserve everything you had comming. My father-in-law has a 99 f-350 witha 7.3, 240,000 on the clock only put a clutch in, and a cam posistion sensor in. Which has a recall open by the way. Now yours just needs a programmer, exhaust, a cold air intake, and some agressive tires.:D

5.9 ANDY
12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
sick rig... good job on getting the 7.3L:cool::D

ZJ Pappy
12-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Great rig...I'm jealous.

OverkillZJ
12-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm just happy you listened to me and got a 7.3!

It's the only powerchoke worth having :finga:

BigDaveZJ
12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
It's the only powerchoke worth having :finga:

x2! Has Ron told you how many times his has been into the dealer for new injectors on his 6.0??

jsteves
12-12-2007, 06:41 PM
the wreath is ghey. Nice truck.

nate
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Fuck off, I have one on my truck too... lots of people have them on big rigs as well.. even light up ones.

TrojanMan
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I thought about getting one with lights, I have a good power inverter not being used haha.

I almost got a 6.0 (ran across a great deal on a harley davidson edition) but after talking to a service writer at the dealership and hearing about Ron through Dave I decided to hold out to find a 7.3L. Took me a long time of searching websites almost daily but I finally found the one.

Over the next few months I should be getting my exhaust straight piped, gauges installed, and dp-tuner in. Just have to come up with the $$$ somewhere. I had them put on those brand new 285/75/16 BFG AT's (E range) so she won't be seeing new tires anytime soon (even though I am probably going to get a leveling kit). I definately live outside my means and I love it:weedman:

And thanks for all the compliments.

19onebadzj96
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Delta Lambda at uncc

OΥΔΕΝ ΔΙΑΣΠΑΣΕΙ ΗΜΑΣ

Nice to see i'm in good company. Delta lambda, eta zeta, or eta mu?

ILikeMud
12-13-2007, 12:35 AM
I pay for 100% of everything in my life - tuition, fraternity dues, housing, truck payments, insurance, food, clothing, etc.

All spoiled rich kids say that :smt044

Just kidding man.
Very nice truck, wish it was in the cards for me to own one right now.

TrojanMan
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
All spoiled rich kids say that :smt044

Just kidding man.
Very nice truck, wish it was in the cards for me to own one right now.

Need to see bank statements?:mrgreen:

and 19onebadzj96 look me up on facebook, David Ross @ nc state university

ILikeMud
12-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Need to see bank statements?:mrgreen:

Nah, you're in university, I know your broke lol.
I know I was broke in college.

TrojanMan
12-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Nah, you're in university, I know your broke lol.
I know I was broke in college.

I was more leaning towards showing all my income is paychecks and you can see all my bills:rolleyes:

TrojanMan
12-14-2007, 03:50 AM
Update :

Drove a couple hundred miles and calculated fuel economy... 19.75 MPG highway with a little city mixed in (mostly stop and go traffic on the interstate for about an hour).

And I moved the ribbon to the top of the wreath instead of cocked to the side.

JordanA
12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Sigma Pi baby. nice truck by the way.

TrojanMan
12-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I've got a buddy in Sigma Pi over here at state.

JordanA
12-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Nice, I'm down the road at ECU.

TrojanMan
12-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry.

JordanA
12-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Sorry that we beat you in basketball the other day? I'm not.

TrojanMan
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
I hate basketball with every bone in my body. I wouldn't care if we didn't win a game.

Congrats on your first ACC victory in basketball, though. Only took you 57 tries :mrgreen:

nate
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Someone want to explain to me what a frat is anyhow?

TrojanMan
12-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Someone want to explain to me what a frat is anyhow?

a local or national organization of male students, primarily for social purposes, usually with secret initiation and rites and a name composed of two or three Greek letters.

nate
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
And what is the point?

Hurricane 4x4
12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
And what is the point?

Read much?

primarily for social purposes

If you want to know more than that.. you'll have to join one.

steves88vb
12-16-2007, 02:46 PM
its for guys who lack in the skillz department of getting girls......duhhh

TrojanMan
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
its for guys who lack in the skillz department of getting girls......duhhh

That's far from it.

The purpose of a fraternity has been discussed in other threads.

paulkeith
12-16-2007, 11:51 PM
silly GDI's.

everyone who is a brother lives and breathes the life,and everyone who isn't makes fun of us. funny how that works....

way to finally join the club ya homo. have fun rebuilding that slushbox every 50k.

jody is the man when it comes to tunes. best decision i ever made.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/paulkeith/truck/IMG_1995.jpg

if only i still had my zj.....then i could still be in the club :(

TrojanMan
12-17-2007, 02:13 AM
You're still in our hearts:smt060

nate
12-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Yeah I can read. I can be social without have some fancy club with weird letters no one knows too.

I think you have to go to college to join them frat clubs? I never went to college per say. About have an associates though.

Read much?

If you want to know more than that.. you'll have to join one.

TrojanMan
12-17-2007, 03:17 AM
Yeah I can read. I can be social without have some fancy club with weird letters no one knows too.

I think you have to go to college to join them frat clubs? I never went to college per say. About have an associates though.

Yeah, but you won't rent out a hotel for a weekend with 40 of your closest friends who you know and treat like actual brothers. Thanks to our dues we drop 4-5 figures on a party every semester. There's social, then there's fraternity. Noone says you can't have a good time without being in a fraternity, I know I did. Now when I party I do it at my house surrounded by people I know and love whereas before I had to go to somebody elses place and there were always sketchy people who almost always ended up getting the police called.

That doesn't cover the other social/business benefits, philanthropic opportunity, or just the day to day life of living in the fraternity house.

Fraternities are NOT what you see in movies. We don't just pay a bunch of money to be friends and get wasted. After all, where do you think the money goes? If we're paying JUST to be friends.. who gets the money? Some random old guy? NO. The money I pay the fraternity goes to food, rent, insurance, heating, electricity, water, and social budget (our parties, I don't have to buy my own alcohol). It all evens out in the end, almost nothing you don't pay on your own.

To say brotherhood is a waste of money or stupid without having experienced a brotherhood yourself is by definition, ignorant.

And how in the hell would being in a fraternity help you get girls? Yes, we mix with sororities.. but you still have to have the same social skills to attract the women as you do as a non-fraternity man. Sorority girls don't sleep with you just because you're a fraternity brother. Before you say sorority girls are just sluts (a lot of them are) and they would sleep with you for being a brother... the same girls would probably sleep with you just because you happen to have a penis. You're just mad you don't hang out with them because they go to fraternity parties being part of greek life.

paulkeith
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM

yay! e-debate!

in my 4 years in my fratERNITY, i was able to play host to more than 15 different live bands, travel to jacksonville, new orleans (twice), san destin (twice), panama city, daytona.... the list goes on. When was the last time your GDI party had a $4000 a night band playing for JUST you and your friends? what about a 4 hour catered open bar riverboat cruise with a live band on the Mississippi river? exactly.

not to mention the education aspects, help with classes from people who took the same classes, foot in the door with faculty who were brothers, chances to hold executive board positions to manage a $30,000 social budget, membership development, physical fitness, and the chance to contribute and help out once you're an alumni...even philanthropic opportunities. we put hundreds of hours each year into local charities, raffles for the charities, etc. With 60 people united in a common effort, you can really cover a lot of ground.

for 99.99% of people, college is THE most socially formative period of your life. the more serious point of a fratERNITY is to try to group together men with similar moral beliefs, and try to mold them into leaders, if they choose to use the fratERNITY in that sense. It gives you chances to slowly take on more responsibility in an organization, and will eventually push you to campus leadership in student government, etc, and then ideally into leadership in business and the real world. something huge like 80% of senators and presidents have been in a fraternity, and a very large percentage of CEO's too. i can't find the exact numbers i read back in 2002, so dont quote me on that one.

that, and it'll give you someone to drink 40s with on monday night....just because monday requires monday night foh-dees.

hell, i even got to buy 1000lbs of beer on a palette and put it in the bed of my truck for a 120 person tailgate party at the ACC championship last year. I actually dont know another person that has done that.

frat clubs. haw. technically, you can do whatever you want. but "national" fratERNITIES and sororities can only be chartered at accredited 4 year schools, yes.

what do you think the stone masons were(are)? its all the same thing. It is definitely something a lot of people swear by, and also something a lot of people couldn't care less about. I honestly think it depends a lot on the school you attend. Me, I went to a school of rampant douchebaggery where there really was no decent social life outside of the fratERNITIES. something like 33% of my school was greek, but I had buddies that went to other schools of less than 5% greek, and they all had as much fun or if not more fun that I did. They still didn't get band parties, formals, mixers, whatever. It's all about what you make of it. Some houses do nail the stereotype, but most don't. if you're an only child like me, it'll give you a chance to share a bond with your friends that must be second only to having real brothers.

yo douche, you get that intercooler pipe sound insulation off today?

nate
12-17-2007, 08:26 PM
So is a frat a religious thing? Isn't Greek a religion?

Dunno, have no plans to go to a 4 year college. Stuff like welding, metal fab, diesel tech, etc are normally 2 year deals.

BigDaveZJ
12-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Greek: usually having something to do with Greece, which is a country. And the frats use letters from the Greek alphabet to identify themselves.

TrojanMan
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Umm.. Greek is a language:smt017

Fraternities are just exclusive clubs, no religion. Most of the guys are christian.

And no, didn't get a chance... ended up spending more time than I anticipated at the dentist office (having my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, had to do the consultation/paperwork today). By the time I got home, ate, ran a truck load of appliances to albequerque, and put up some christmas things for my parents the sun was down.

nate
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure. My friend's wife is Greek and she goes to a Greek church (whatever they call it) and has specific Greek things just the same at Catholic... like no meat on Friday type things.

No e debate dude with 2 first names (Paul Keith) I was just trying to figure out what a frat is.

So Trojan Man you live in a big ass house I take it? Must have a decent shop?

TrojanMan
12-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah its a 16 bedroom house, something like that. No garage. I do all my work in the parking lot.

The religion you're referring to is Greek Orthodox.

paulkeith
12-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure. My friend's wife is Greek and she goes to a Greek church (whatever they call it) and has specific Greek things just the same at Catholic... like no meat on Friday type things.

No e debate dude with 2 first names (Paul Keith) I was just trying to figure out what a frat is.

So Trojan Man you live in a big ass house I take it? Must have a decent shop?

i have been known to rock 2 first names.

i think you're talking about greek orthodox, which is a part of a religion known as eastern orthodox. (edit: doh...didn't see it up there ^)

to get that sound insulation off, i used a flat razor blade. basically peeled the metal off in one big piece (wear gloves...its fglass insulation) and then soaked the remaining glass and adhesive in goo gone and just started scraping it piece by piece. i hit the tube with a little sandpaper to smooth out some gouges from the razor when i was done.

when you get the pipe off see how much oil you have kicking around inside. if its a lot, you might want to put the CCV reroute next on yer list. you may even want to just do the ccv reroute first, then take both intercooler pipes out, clean them up, pop the intercooler out and clean it out with some simplegreen or something, remove the insulation on the hot side pipe...paint the tubes if you're feeling fancy...and then reassemble. don't be a sally on the clamps.

The oil can cause the boots to pop off, or leak boost. I did it all just for peace of mind.

TrojanMan
12-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Definately doing the aih and ccv this month. Its the gauges and chip that are going to have to wait.

Hurricane 4x4
12-18-2007, 01:52 AM
paulkeith and trojan pretty much hit the nail on the head

Joining a fraternity made sense to me. Greek life at universities has been around for a long time and remains popular because it works. Its not just for rich kids. I can actually pay my dues, live in the fraternity house and spend $1000 less per semester than I would if I lived in a shitty dorm on campus and had a shitty NCSU meal plan. dues include dinner made by a cook (sweet old lady who does good country cookin) every night at the house. Can't beat that.

Parties aren't shabby either. We get 4-5 good bands to play at our house per semester, rent out local bars for mixers or just bring a date, pig picking tailgate at all the home football games, plus a trip every semester... and a ton of other fun shit involving alcohol, food, music and women. This year we did a mountain weekend trip in Asheville (hauled 80 brothers + dates and 2 pickup trucks full of kegs) and a formal in the spring down in charleston, sc.

Not to mention the awesome friends you will make along the way.

here is our house... delta sigma phi here btw

http://photos-035.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v120/141/83/11807035/n11807035_34244476_7479.jpg

lots of good times... we have about 10 acres, band stage in the back... and yes, a jeep trail secret back entrance

IndyZJ
12-18-2007, 01:57 AM
soooo... nice truck:D

TrojanMan
12-18-2007, 02:02 AM
we're doing a mountain weekend feb. 15th, can't wait

ps you sold out, you should have pledged pkp:D

ZJ Pappy
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Just to clear things up...being 100% Greek Orthodox...Greek is obviously anything pertainig to the country Greece. Greek Orthodox is part of the Eastern Orthodox religion...the only reason why it's Greek, is most of the people are Greek and Greek is spoken during Liturgy (kind of like Roman Catholic, Irish Catholic, Russian Orthodox, Romanian Orthodox, etc.). Orthodox was a part of Catholocism when Christianity first took off. The Great Schism some 1000 or so years ago is when the Orthodox split from Catholocism because of some disagreements (mostly being how they viewed the Pope). Today Orthodoxy is still very much similar to Catholocism, we believe the same basic principles, traditional church services, we celebrate the Saint's feast days, and so on and so forth.

If I went to a 4 year university I'd try to join a frat in a heart beat. A couple buddies of mine joined a frat (don't remember which one) at UC Santa Barbara, and they have a great time.

paulkeith
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
10 acres? damn man. i should've gone to a school not in downtown ATL.

TrojanMan
12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
10 acres? damn man. i should've gone to a school not in downtown ATL.

They're the only house like that. Most of the fraternities are on the court which are like 1 acre each but we have a 10-15 acre common ground backyard. The non court fraternities mostly operate out of actual houses and obviously don't have more than an acre at their disposal. His fraternity was lucky enough to have some rick alumni that bought the house across the street from a golf course. I'll hand it to them - its nice and is cool being across from the course. Downside is they're about 5 miles away from campus while my house is "on" campus. (Read: easier to get to for parties)

Hurricane 4x4
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
it is 5 miles away from campus but the good far outweighs the bad. Its definitely annoying to have to arrange transportation if you want to go there and drink, but it can work to our advantage. Its kinda nice having a relatively quiet house most nights, but when we actually have a planned party it seems like a ton of people always show up. Also being on a golf course with no neighbors, you can make a bunch of noise and have bonfires and what not (not on the golf course) without attracting cops. And the police don't have much mercy on fraternities these days. I hate always reading in the campus newspaper about the on-campus guys getting underage drinking tickets in their own fraternity houses. Cops are gay and they are always finding shady ass ways to get people in trouble.

sorry this thread has totally been jacked btw, haha might as well put it in chit chat

TrojanMan
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Well as director of Greek Life and member of the University Housing Advisory Comittee i'm working on that problem:D

yeah, I have NC State University business cards.

paulkeith
12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
you alive?

do the foil delete. air filter. straight pipe. mod. now.

Sporer65
12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
One thing I like about my fraternity are the easy Greek letters. FH and that's it.

And nice truck.

TrojanMan
12-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Farmhouse? Not real greek letters. Show them to me in the greek alphabet:-D

And thanks.

spykosshow
12-20-2007, 10:03 AM
You better start looking for a long enough gooseneck to haul both our heeps to GSMW and GSSE. We're going to both next year.

TrojanMan
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Today finally knocked out the AIH delete, took sound insulation off of the hot intercooler pipe and painted both, and did the leveling kit a few days ago. Pics to come soon.

paulkeith
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
which leveling kit did you go with?

post pics or band.

TrojanMan
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I picked up a shackle kit from 4wp for 55 bucks. I was going to get the add a leaf but my mom got it for christmas and didn't want to deal with shipping. Free is free so I said fuck it.

It was a bitch to put in.. the springs were hell to push down to fit the bigger shackle and the springs were shifted towards the drivers seat so I had to wiggle them a bit to put in.

I put a new cd player in too, the alpine cda-9885. I picked up some rockford fosgate p3's with best buy gift cards and i'm going to start building a baller ass sub box here in the next few days. I'm fully expecting to blow out my windows:smt044

Pics will come soon. I left my camera in raleigh and just got in to my house today.

BigDaveZJ
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
It's really easy to fit some subs in the back. I've got 2 10's in mine, saw one guy who had 4 10's back there. If you can move the rear seat forward at all (some have a bracket you just flip around to gain 3") it'll help alot.

TrojanMan
01-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Foward isnt my problem, it's height. My subs will not fit under my seats even without a box. I think what i'm going to do is build a center console and have the speakers facing the doors with a box under the seat for extra air (I need to get 1-1.5 cubic feet). I might even get excited and build cupholders into it, we'll see.

BigDaveZJ
01-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Why not put the subs BEHIND the seat instead of under it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a tard. Thought you had a crewcab for some reason.