PDA

View Full Version : What do you use?

ZJ Pappy
11-13-2007, 03:15 AM
After you get back from a dirty weekend of wheeling, what do you guys use to wash your rigs? Any special heavy duty detergents, window cleaners, wax, upholstery cleaners, etc.?

Matt
11-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Armor All and a rag.

Maybe run it though the car wash if I have some spare change.

Skyline
11-13-2007, 09:41 AM
After you get back from a dirty weekend of wheeling, what do you guys use to wash your rigs? Any special heavy duty detergents, window cleaners, wax, upholstery cleaners, etc.?

Self service car wash and a whole shitload of quarters for the exterior.

Hoover steam vac for sucking all the water out of the carpets and mats. Then leave the heap in the garage for several days with all the doors open.

jsteves
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Powerwasher.

nate
11-13-2007, 10:51 AM
wait for it to rain unless it's really muddy then I just pressure wash it. Never got the inside too wet even with all the water crossings we did in Alaska.

I washed the windows like 3 years ago I think. Windex.

Slacker
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
HOA banned me from washing mine in my own driveway......something about mud in the gutter for 2 blocks until it disappeared down the storm inlet.....

Local car wash for me....

OverkillZJ
11-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Screw your HOA, you're washing your private vehicle on your private property.

fpkites
11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Give the HOA a shovel and tell them to use their medicated cream :D

dangerousdave
11-13-2007, 02:45 PM
yeah screw the HOA. my grandmas house is in a historic district and they try to pull that stuff on her on home repairs saying you have to have it approved then done by a contractor approved by them... I think not when my brother and i own a contracting business. so we do it anyways. they bitch but what are they really gonna do? fine me? yeah tell them to FO

jfowlzj95
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
I use a pressure washer, mainly at the local do it yourself carwashes that cost $2 for 10 mins.

fsjtrash
11-13-2007, 03:14 PM
carwash is to expensive... 90 cents a minute. i use the kids.

BigDaveZJ
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
carwash is to expensive... 90 cents a minute. i use the kids.

What carwash are you going to??? Every car wash by my house a quarter gets you a minute.

The last few wheeling trips I've gone on it rained HARD on the drive home, so that did a pretty good job of cleaning everything off. That, and getting the Jeep dirty usually sucks cuz then me and the rest of the contents get dirty too.

midwestxj
11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
[quote=BigDaveZJ;168235]What carwash are you going to??? Every car wash by my house a quarter gets you a minute.

Uh, he is in Canada so i guess its' really exspensive there. Maybe you Canadians should come south of the border to save some cash on the carwashes (and cause the usd is weak).

mykal
11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I usually just stop at the carwash and spray off the motor and undercarriage pretty good if I was into alot of mud. Otherwise, I just let it be.

But mine is stock so I dont really wheel with it.

AndyZJ
11-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I used to go to carwashes, but they all have signs up now that say no heavy debris or mud. And after i knowingly ignored that sign a few times the owners began coming around. One time i just left the bay and it was filled with mud and some lady came by and said "is that all from you young man?" and i said "no, no its not" and never took my ass back there again. Powerwashers are the way to go.

ZJ Pappy
11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Even after a wheelin' trip I usually don't wash the heap. But about once every other month I feel like it needs to be cleaned. I still haven't found a really good glass cleaner. I have this Armor-All glass cleaner right now, it's a little better than Windex, but it still doesn't get all the tough water spots out. Does anybody buff water spots out of the body and wax?

DJJordache
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
whenever mine is hella muddy I like to swing into the high school cheerleader :cheer2: fund raising car washes just to see the look on their faces:D

then if they offer to clean it anyway, I'll give them a donation for their offer to wash it, but then I'll take it to a pay-and-spray do it your selfer

ZJ Pappy
11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
whenever mine is hella muddy I like to swing into the high school cheerleader :cheer2: fund raising car washes just to see the look on their faces:D

Definitely done that before! I went when my GF's little sister did it. It took them forever to wash the damn thing.

fsjtrash
11-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah... Canada. Water costs more than fuel. I just realized that today.
1Litre of water=$2.30
1Litre of fuel=$1.08

DJJordache
11-14-2007, 09:22 AM
yeah but don't you wacky Canadians use hockey pucks instead of change currency?:D

speaking of which I need some pucks to build some bump stops....