PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cone Sunday November 4th

Mtn WJ
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
OK we have been using the staging thread for the report and I figured I would post a write up in the Trip Report section.

Twin Cone was closed most of the summer for maintenance and it was great to get a run in before it was snowed in.

We left The Fort a little past 9am on Sunday morning. Nice drive up 285 to the trail head. There was 5 rigs in all. 3 ZJs, and 2 WJs. While airing down someone mentioned they were out of gas and had to high tail it to town and get some gas while we waited. (I will let him speak up for himself) Not that big of deal and when he returned we moved on. The repaired sections were mostly just filled in with dirt. No more major wash outs or mud puddles. The trail was pretty dry and dusty all the way to the top. We all experimented with our own lines on the obstacles. I tried one a bit too far over and had to winch out of it. The hill climb was an even better than previous years. We had one previously warned owner with CV style front drive shaft blow the it on the hill climb. We left his rig to the side and went to the top. We pulled his drive shaft on the way back and he drove in 2wd out and home

Another great day in the Colorado Mountains. I was really happy to see so many of us turn out for a late season run. I am going to try and get a run in at least once a month till spring if possible. If anyone has some ideas post em up.

Keith S
PS I didnt take any pictures but there were a bunch of cameras in the others hands. Lets see what you got.

SCAMPER ZJ
11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Oops, sorry Keith, didn't know you were going to post a report - I posted one just moments before you did!

Mine has pics: Twin Cone 11/4 Trip Report (http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=14160) :D

Mtn WJ
11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Thats funny
I got side tracked when I started writing and didnt finish it for a few minutes. Your report is better than mine anyway.

Keith

JohnBoulderCO
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Looks like a fun trip, wish I was in town.

fpkites
11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Even despite my carnage, I still had a lot of fun. Yep, that was me that got the big fat "told ya so" from Dave :rofl:

Josh doesn't have an MC account at the moment, so I'll speak for him. He was actually trying to get a hold of us on my loaner handheld CB with the fawked up antenna - he couldn't get past about 1/8 mile with that POS. I don't think it delayed us too terribly long having him go back for gas.

I just want to throw out a great big thanks to everybody for the help when Josh and I were pulling that shaft. You really exemplified the "nobody left behind" that I had already experienced at GSW (not my shit broken there :D). This is an incredible group of people.

My pics are here: http://www.fp-kites.com/images/Jeep/TwinCone110407/All_Resized/

I'll upload the hi-res versions later on, they'll be at http://www.fp-kites.com/images/Jeep/TwinCone110407

Don't mind the framing on some of them, Tricia (my co-pilot) was snapping pics a bunch of the time except for when I grabbed the camera from her.

Also, big thanks to everybody, especially Scott, and Keith's son for keeping Tricia occupied while Josh and I were banging on that stinking shaft.