PDA

View Full Version : a challenge has been set forth

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Pirate4x4.com has issued a bet to friends and users of trails in Colorado: raise $20,000 for COHVCO by Dec 31, 2007 to help keep trails open in Colorado; COHVCO is Colorado specific and closest to our land use issues, hence why COHVCO was chosen. If the bet is not met, COHVCO gets nothing other than the donations to help keep trails open in Colorado - which is the point of the bet. HOWEVER if the bet is met, Stay The Trail /COHVCO get 3 months banner ad space on Pirate4x4.com for free in order to help grow COHVCO memeberships and Stay The Trail awareness.

So here's the deal, we need everyone's help to beat the Pirate4x4.com challenge. Give your soda pop money, Starbucks money, beer money, lunch money for one day to COHVCO to help the cause - HELP KEEP TRAILS OPEN IN COLORADO! If I did the math correctly, it only takes $5/person to make a difference and get to the $20,000 goal.
How to donate to help keep trails open in Colorado via COHVCO:
Option 1:
go to the COHVCO donation website: https://cohvco.org/members/user/donate.php (https://cohvco.org/members/user/donate.php)

Option 2:
via PayPal:
Donate $2, $3, $5, $10, $25 or more to COHVCO via PayPal, and here is how:
1. Go to www.paypal.com (http://www.paypal.com/)
2. Click on the "Send Money" tab
3. In the box at the top right where it says "send money to" type, or copy/paste the email: donations@cohvco.org (donations@cohvco.org)
4. In the from box insert your email so you can receive a confirmation of the donation
5. Enter the amount you want to donate
6. In the "for" section, leave the default selected as "services/other"
7. Click "continue"
From this point it will ask you how you would like to make your donation (via another PayPal account or credit card). Please fill out all applicable information and hit submit.
Ta Da! You just made a donation to COHVCO to help keep OHV trails open in Colorado!

Thanks for helping keep trails open in COLORADO!

jsteves
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Done. I guess I will be drinking folgers next week :smt078

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
LOL

nate
10-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Folgers is better than that Starbucks shit at least.

Cody
10-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I never was much of a coffee guy. but nomatter. I'll still contribute.

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I never was much of a coffee guy. but nomatter. I'll still contribute.

Now you just need to get over here to CO and wheel some of the trails COHVCO helps out with!

Wally (used to have a blue YJ) says hi too.

Z
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
If you bought a GSW 2007 T Shirt, you just made a donation. I had $100 left in my PayPal account from the shirt sales, just waiting for a good cause.

(I try not to make any money on GSW shirt sales and any excess goes to something like this.)

Cody
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Wally is good people. It was because of him that I set the land speed record on Pritchett. 22 minutes from entrance to rock pile if memory serves.

Hey, I'm almost there. I have a rig with a real motor coming in and I'm already started the process of another ZJ first for you guys to all copy. I'm an effin pioneer son!

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 04:17 PM
He couldn't stop talking about that run on Pritchett, LOL. He was, ummm, rather inebriated at the time.

Cody
10-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey, beer happens. Watchagunnado?

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Drink more of it??

jsteves
10-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Folgers is better than that Starbucks shit at least.

Seattle's best it where it is at!

Cody
10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
word. am I the only one that has a 400+ dollar/month habit?

man, when you post that in a charity thread it sure does make you feel misdirected.....

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
We can get away with spending much less than that on beer, cuz we can buy real beer.

Cody
10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
I can buy real beer just like you. Your grocery stores sell the same stuff as ours. Our liquor stores are just state run (which admittedly sucks).

The only difference here is that our brewers are limited to 4.0 by volume (same as 3.2 by weight). Basically (and it's hard to really say since different types of beer generally have different amounts of alcohol) 14 oz of 4.0 ABV beer has the same as 12 oz of "high point". So 5 out of state beers = 6 utah beers. But, when it comes to normal generic beers (bud light, coors etc) it's all the same shit whether you want to believe it or not. It may say 5.2 on the can, but thats just a number to appease the government and it means "not to exceed' that amount. It can come in lower and those generic types of beer almost always are lower than 4.0 anyway. They don't have a "utah beer" vat at the Coors factory. Go check for yourself ;)

The flip side is that Utah brewers can't hide defects in taste behind the alcohol so Utah beers win lots of awards in international beer competitions because their flavors are more distinct.

OK, we're way off topic now. Donate money. Drink beer. Feel good.

OverkillZJ
10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
I can't get drunk on Utah beer. Hence that bottle of Jack a couple years ago. That didn't end so well for me!

How's that for O/T?

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Our grocery stores only sell 3.2, which is why I don't buy beer at the grocery store! Fat Tire is about as "normal and generic" as I can get with Beer.

Cody
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
3.2 bv = 4.0 bw

It's all in your head. I've drank a lot of beer in a lot of different states (and a few countries I guess too) and there is very little difference. Placebo effect--your mind tells you that you can't get drunk off of utah beer so you think you're not.

It's a lot like after you have a few beers (or a lot) and say or "man I'm not very drunk but that girl is hot, I should hit on her" and then the next day you realize what an idiot you were when you wake up next to Dave.

OverkillZJ
10-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I should rephrase... I can't get drunk on beer unless it's on a completely empty stomach, not even the 8%+ up beers take some effort!

Oh, and if I woke up next to Dave, I'd /off my self.

BigDaveZJ
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
It's a little lower altitude (roughly 2,000ft) than where I live too which probably makes most of the difference. Getting wasted at sea level is a PITA for me.

Matt
10-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Money Sent

BigDaveZJ
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Over halfway there! http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showpost.php?p=909720&postcount=32

SWEET!!!

nate
10-23-2007, 12:52 PM
I got pretty buzzed last time I was at the Moab brewery though I think drank 3 of the sample platters that have like 10 different beers. :D

The Dude
10-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I can buy real beer just like you. Your grocery stores sell the same stuff as ours. Our liquor stores are just state run (which admittedly sucks).

The only difference here is that our brewers are limited to 4.0 by volume (same as 3.2 by weight). Basically (and it's hard to really say since different types of beer generally have different amounts of alcohol) 14 oz of 4.0 ABV beer has the same as 12 oz of "high point". So 5 out of state beers = 6 utah beers. But, when it comes to normal generic beers (bud light, coors etc) it's all the same shit whether you want to believe it or not. It may say 5.2 on the can, but thats just a number to appease the government and it means "not to exceed' that amount. It can come in lower and those generic types of beer almost always are lower than 4.0 anyway. They don't have a "utah beer" vat at the Coors factory. Go check for yourself ;)

The flip side is that Utah brewers can't hide defects in taste behind the alcohol so Utah beers win lots of awards in international beer competitions because their flavors are more distinct.

OK, we're way off topic now. Donate money. Drink beer. Feel good.

I have no idea what your saying, but I think we agree. Ive got three words for people that disagree...Its still beer.

SuicideTireZJ
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
There goes my gyro after the bars this weekend... worth it!

Matt
11-19-2007, 08:39 AM
We're stuck at about 2/3's of the way. I'll see if I can pitch in some more :beer: money this Fri (payday).

jsteves
12-12-2007, 03:35 PM
At last count we need about $1400 more to make it. Throw in the beer, coffee, couch money. Whatever you got!

DansZJ
12-13-2007, 02:38 AM
It's a lot like after you have a few beers (or a lot) and say or "man I'm not very drunk but that girl is hot, I should hit on her" and then the next day you realize what an idiot you were when you wake up next to Dave.

Damn Cody... This post is 2 months old and this shit made me laugh.
It reminded me of this one time I was in Vegas.... :eek:
but seriously, this is worth an extra donation:partyman: