PDA

View Full Version : FORD 8.8 w/ 4.56's Detroit, setup for claytons ZJ longarms

StinkoMan20X6_
09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
SOLD!!!

I'm selling my 8.8 that I just took out of my jeep last night. It's from a late 90's model exploder and has been USED. I wheeled this rear axle a lot for the past 2 yrs and no matter how much stuff I exploded on my jeep I never had a problem from this rear axle except for disk brakes wearing out. It's in good shape though. It already has aluminum 1" spacers on it so it'll match the width of a stock front axle and they're not the pass thru type of spacer, they have the little counter sunk holes so there's not all the pressure on the long studs. Comes with ARP studs already in the spacer, but 3 out of 5 have been rethreaded thanks to stupid firestone. It also has a full detroit locker and 4.56's. Brakes are new including parking brake. Has all the upper mounts cut off and in it's place is the upper truss from a claytons long arm kit. The vent tube wasn't plugged very good before the new one was installed so some gear oil seepes through the weld holding on the truss. No big deal though, I just added some RTV to the weld but it the seam could be rewelded to make it more water tight if you wanted. Hard brake lines on the axle are kind of hokey and I suggest replacement. The diff cover I was using has already been given away and so it has a plastic? one from a ford ranger on it. Asking price is $1000 OBO and its located in Fayetteville, NC. I took a quick glance at a price for the detroit and it alone is over $600. Will drive to meet within 2hrs of me. PM if interested. Please get this thing outta here.