PDA

View Full Version : Seat covers?

TrojanMan
09-19-2007, 04:14 AM
I was dumb and got cloth seats in mah pick'em up truck. I've had the truck for 6-7 months now and the seats are already starting to turn black. I want to get seat covers so that when I go to trade it in it won't look like a trashy truck. I know wet okole makes a good cover but I don't want to pay 260 for fronts. Any other somewhat custom fit seat covers out there that look decent and will hold up? Also.. how much a month do leather seats usually run at the dealer?

My best tech thread yet:D

ILikeMud
09-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Leather seats from the dealer will cost far too much money.

After seeing Billavista's right up on the Wet Okoles, I think they are well worth the price.

canadian_driver
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
4wd.com has some cheap ones for like $60

2jeepsforus
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
clean your existing seats you scum sucking dog...

I hate dirty people!!! I also detail vehicles on the side, which is why I rant and rave about dirty people. are the seats power?

If not go buy some orange clean at walmart and spray them with that, then take them out of the truck and hit em with the pressure washer... Thats your best bet, then put the seat covers on...

You can use a ton of products(spot shot remover) Westley's white wall stuff LOL, pretty much anything will work.

Dave

nate
09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I already posted this, but it didn't take I guess.

What truck?

Geno's Garage had nice covers for Dodges. I think I paid around $140 for the ones on my front seats. The back seat is folded up and the dog stays back there so I just threw a blanket down.

The covers are some sort of canvas. The texture is in between jeans and canvas tarp. Fairly thick and tough. It'd take 30 years to wear em out.

SirFuego
09-19-2007, 03:13 PM
clean your existing seats you scum sucking dog...

I hate dirty people!!! I also detail vehicles on the side, which is why I rant and rave about dirty people. are the seats power?

If not go buy some orange clean at walmart and spray them with that, then take them out of the truck and hit em with the pressure washer... Thats your best bet, then put the seat covers on...

You can use a ton of products(spot shot remover) Westley's white wall stuff LOL, pretty much anything will work.

Dave

Holy Crap, Dave! Judging by that response, you must have been cringing the first time you saw my ZJ. You would probably pass out if you saw it now...:smt082

TrojanMan
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm not dirty... its just that at work I guess I bump into greasy cars and then in turn sit on my seats. I don't want to use cleaning the seats as an option because over time they'll stain and become permanently black. The seats are power so i'm not messing with much water.

I bought a 2003 F150 FX4 back in february. Still working on pics:D

CurtP
09-19-2007, 07:46 PM
How about pulling off the original seat covers and replacing them with vinyl or leather? Probably a little more than what you wanted to spend, but the vinyl would probably hold up to the abuse better.

I've never had luck with the seat covers that go on top of the original seat covers. They usually bunch up, slide around and end up looking like shit in <6 months.

This place sells vinyl and leather upholstery and I've heard good things about them: http://www.auto-interior.com

nate
09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Dunno, you must be sucking the seat cushion too often or something.

Even the cheap $20 each ones I have in my Jeep are still decent. Been in there for close to 3 years.

BigDaveZJ
09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I bought a 2003 F150 FX4 back in february. Still working on pics:D

No pics, no truck. And therefore, no dirty seats.

:flipoff2:

DieselZJ
09-19-2007, 08:38 PM
When you're ready to trade it in, go get matching seats out of a junk yard, or shop for a deal now so you have them.

TrojanMan
09-19-2007, 09:24 PM
No pics, no truck. And therefore, no dirty seats.

:flipoff2:

I'd go take them now but its dark outside

ILikeMud
09-19-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd go take them now but its dark outside

Use the flash.
:worthles:

TrojanMan
09-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Use the flash.
:worthles:

brb

TrojanMan
09-19-2007, 10:58 PM
here she is... i'll take better pics that don't make it look funny during the day sometime. My baby <3

ILikeMud
09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Was that so hard?

TrojanMan
09-20-2007, 12:07 AM
My truck looks like 15x better in the day in a picture than that. That makes the front fenderwell look stupid.

MoonWorks
09-20-2007, 01:44 AM
My baby <3

Your baby has a big white ass! :)

TrojanMan
09-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Your baby has a big white ass! :)

10.25":D