PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Fan, DC Controls Controller - AC Hook-up

fpkites
09-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Not newbie, but definitely not hardcore, still fits on MC though...

I know a few of us have the DC Controls Taurus fan controller box now, and I've got mine fully hooked up now...except the lead that kicks the fan to 50% plus when the AC is turned on.

Answers to this thread will probably be implemented on my junk, then added to a writeup that I'm working on for installation of this bitch.

For those of you that have the DC Controls box (I know WesTexZJ has it, DCHZJ did a great review of it) -- what did you tap into to make the box kick up the speed when the AC was turned on? Did you run the blue wire all the way across the hot as shit intake to the AC compressor, or did you tap into something near the PDC? I'm not interested in running a switch into the cab to goose the fan (that's a shortcut that requres thought when turning on the AC - I want to maintain luxo-crawler). I want brainless here...I want to hit the AC button in the cab and have the fan go apeshit.

Sooo...that said, who's done a full install of the DC Controls fan controller, and how did you run the AC switch?

OverkillZJ
09-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I think your best bet is just tapping the hot lead for A/C compressor: sure there's other places to tap it, but nothing nearly as simple.

fpkites
09-17-2007, 12:15 PM
So just piggyback the wire loom going to the compressor then? Getting it in that loom is probably going to be impossible. DC stuffed those suckers full. Seems like DCC gave me some real high quality wire, should handle the heat pretty good.

OverkillZJ
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
It wouldn't be as "neat" - but the wire is very exposed by the compressor itself, it's just a single hot lead at the clutch. It gets its ground from the engine block.

fpkites
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I did see that. Itty bitty wire too. I think I'll get a small wire loom to put the wire in when I'm going past the intake. Little bit of insulation never hurt anything. I'll tape the ever living shit outta the tap when I put it in too.

I manually jumped that lead last night - really gets that fan going.