PDA

View Full Version : what the hell am i going to do with a YJ (part 2)

canadian_driver
08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
well ive semi figured out what im doing with this YJ, ive started getting the parts together, alot of it is going to be out of an 82 bronco, its going to get a 302 ford 5.0L with a c6 tranny and the rear ford 9 from it. going to the spring shop around the corner from me and getting a 13 pack leaf(maybe see what else i can use) spring and going to do a 1/4 elliptical suspension with a wheel base stretch of 102(might change depending what i do with the front) and a small lift of 4-5 inches and 37s. going to be double triangulated (upper and lower). its going to be a 3 link upper A arm, then lowers im going to mock up temporarly with tractor links (they're cheaper than a joint and help me to figure out my lenghts)

for now i have no idea what to do to the front, coils/coilovers are an idea... i dont really have the money for a full coil over rig. fronts might be an option, obviously full comp cut and tube fenders as well as full cage, going to do a front nine as well, both 4.88 gears, it will be nice to have the same axles under my zj and yj, lol. so any input suggestions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/jademonkey/SP_A0062.jpg

think im gonna call it the smurf

ILikeMud
08-27-2007, 11:08 PM
13 leak pack?
Might want to research a little bit.

canadian_driver
08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
13 leak pack?
Might want to research a little bit.

been researching for several days trying to get some numbers right. as far as the leaf pack i was talking to guys at delta spring and they suggested 13 leafs

My66coupe
08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Why so hardcore? just spring it over, stretch the rear with xj springs and wheel the shit out of it.

CANADIAN ZJ!
08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Why so hardcore? just spring it over, stretch the rear with xj springs and wheel the shit out of it.

cuz he's already got a ZJ on LA's...if he's going anywhere on a YJ it's going to be big

canadian_driver
08-28-2007, 09:58 AM
cuz he's already got a ZJ on LA's...if he's going anywhere on a YJ it's going to be big

yeah seriously, what the hell is the use of having a SOA YJ on 35s to wheel when i already have a LA ZJ?

i think however craig, we should do some tests in the strength of pipe in non life dependant situations (read: wanna make a stinger and rockers for a yj at some point?)

Ex-Nihilo
08-29-2007, 03:20 AM
don't let the sawzall get the better half of you...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/rock_crawler/1%20Ton%20swap/103_1921.jpg
Plans sound good, just might want to add propane to get rid of that carb.

ILikeMud
08-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Propane won't pass emissions and he'll still have to smog it.