PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moore Lake and maybe Spring Creek 8/26

BigDaveZJ
08-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Gonna do a little pre-run of BML for the CO4x4 Girls' Run and if we have time head over to Spring Creek for a little more fun. If Spring Creek isn't too crowded it's very easy to do both in one day at a leisurely pace.

Not sure where we'd meet, but probably Downieville at 9.

fpkites
08-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Decent chance I might be able to do that as long as we get my bro-in-law moved on Saturday. Crossing fingers

fpkites
08-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Grrrrr...fawk!

I'll have to sit BML out Dave. Fluid changes and Heep shakedown for our trip to Callaway the following friday.

Remember when I told you the month of Augus is fucked? Proof positive. This Saturday, Elitches with the wife and bro-in-law, Sunday is tearing down the brakes, sometime next week will be Taurus fan too. Too much shit, too little time!

Mtn WJ
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Seeing how someone politely pointed this trip out to me on another thread it looks good for us to go.

Could I convince you to run Red Cone etc instead?

Keith.

Bustin' Loose
08-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Seeing how someone politely pointed this trip out to me on another thread it looks good for us to go.

Could I convince you to run Red Cone etc instead?

Keith.

Actually, the run is in order for Stacey and I to do it once before we lead a bunch of newb women up Bill Moore. SO the trail is kinda set. Sorry. . .

BigDaveZJ
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Since BML shouldn't take too long, maybe Red Cone afterwards instead of Spring Creek? Assuming we can get up and down the north side so I don't have to dick around with my trailer too much?

Mtn WJ
08-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a plan. Since it is a womans group pre-run should I have my daughter drive. Ok very bad idea. The way she drives her power wheels at 8 I hope she does not intend on driving at 16.

We could skip the Red Cone part and loop through Radical Hill off of Webster and either take St Johns, Deer Trail or North Swan back. This way we will end up on 70 either in Breck or Keystone to get back to your truck.

BigDaveZJ
08-22-2007, 05:13 PM
The closer we get to my trailer the better. I'd really rather not take the Jeep over Eisenhower at this point as I'm having issues keeping the trackbar tight. I'd really rather not take it over 6 either . . . For some reason I thought we could access and exit Red Cone from the east side of Eisenhower but it looks like that might be a chore. I don't have my full topo with me, just a Wells book, but is there anyway to get from Montezuma to Georgetown via USFS roads?

JohnBoulderCO
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Count me in. Up for anything!

spacely
08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
well, you know I'm already planning on being there :D Should be fun

Mtn WJ
08-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Well after thinking it over a bit I changed my mind on BML this Sunday. I have run it twice already this year so I am thinking of just doing Redcone etc.

Sorry for the late change of mind.

fordjeepzj
08-26-2007, 09:19 AM
ill be there where we meeting