PDA

View Full Version : Left Hand Canyon Post & Cable project

ArloGuthroJeep
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Brian (A FSR for BRD) is requesting 20 volunteers for Post and Cable in LHC:

Volunteers needed this month!
The US Forest Service has several important projects to help manage motorized recreation on the Boulder Ranger District.

• Upper Carnage, Lefthand Canyon OHV Area: August 23, 24 and 25th, 2007. Join us for one, two or all three days.

This project will include installing post and cable barriers along Forest Road 286.1E (aka: Upper Carnage). Along this road we continue to see evidence of vehicles leaving the designated route and driving in the creek bottom. The post and cable will help us keep the route open while protecting the water quality and riparian vegetation and soil in Carnage Creek.

Volunteers will meet at the entrance to the Lefthand OHV Area at 9:00am each day. You will need to access the work area at “5 points” either with high clearance 4WD vehicle or a one mile hike. Enough vehicles should be there to car pool up.

On August 23rd and 24th, volunteers will be setting steel posts in holes with concrete. We will be working until 4:00 pm each day. On Saturday the 25th we will finish the work and install the cable and add safety reflectors. We expect to be done by 2:00 pm.

Volunteers need to be prepared to work with sturdy shoes and work gloves. Bring plenty of food and water and be prepared for sun and rain.

If you would like to help on this project please let us know by August 17th.
bdrasmussen@fs.fed.us
(303) 541-2525

Z
08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Why are these projects always on weekends when I'm on call!!

BigDaveZJ
08-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I gotta work all 3 days.

ArloGuthroJeep
08-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Why are these projects always on weekends when I'm on call!!

Worse yet, it is a Thursday/Friday project with a Saturday finish up...it is hard to attend those weekday events. Unfortunantely if you have ever been to a BRD meeting, you'll realize the second they go through the summer weekend schedule, every weekend is booked up by May.