PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross 7/28

zjmike4
07-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Just got back from Holy Cross and had a great time. We had about 14 Jeeps that ended up running it, but we moved very quickly through it. The trail is pretty much the same as it has been except French Creek has gotten WAY harder. I could not make it at all with 34's and arb front. The boulder that used to be up high on the left line has moved down even further now and has made it tough to go up left. The easiest way is now what used to be a hard line 3 years ago and is completely to the right and around the waterfall. But getting THROUGH the creek is not the hard part, its immediately after coming out of the creek, there are 2 major diff catchers that at the time are completely unavoidable. You have to pass between the boulder on the left and the waterfall/creek area on the right with the huge boulder behind you so its pretty tricky. Most people did not even attempt crossing this year. I was the smallest Jeep on 34s to try it and I tried every line for 45 minutes and couldn't get up. Got my self so sideways in there I had to be winched out as well. The only jeeps that could get through were 37s+ and two lockers, I don't even know about 35s getting across. Its gotten pretty crazy. Anyway, breakage was pretty low, in the group we had 3 tires shredded, and a leaky hydrostear unit and that was about it. One buggy made it up cleveland rock. All in all it was a good time. I will get pics posted shortly!

Matt
07-29-2007, 11:55 PM
AWESOME!!!! Yeah, Cleveland rock is starting to look easier now compared to FC. I'm heading up there next month. :)

Did you run it with the CO4x4 guys? I saw a trip report from them. (maybe it was today :confused: )

Thanks for the info.

zjmike4
07-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Nope I ran it with my club, our annual run/fundraiser up there. Good times though, only ran into one other group. Pics up soon.

jsteves
07-31-2007, 11:04 AM
AWESOME!!!! Yeah, Cleveland rock is starting to look easier now compared to FC.

Seriously? Last year our only delay at French Creek was waiting and watching the idiots bust up their junk, then we went right up. Clevland was a whole other story. It took more attempts just to get over the little "gatekeeper" rock to get to it than it took on FC. Then neither of us were able to make Clevland.

zjmike4
07-31-2007, 09:37 PM
French creek is a WHOLE other story this year!

Matt
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
I still think French Creek is easier than Cleveland, but with the right line, you can get up it in a couple tries, FC there's really no one right line.

:worthles: