PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Lake 7 15 07

Mtn WJ
07-16-2007, 10:48 PM
John and I ran Wheeler Lake on Sunday. We had an early start which put us back in Denver by 3:30 in the afternoon.

The weather was perfect most of the day. We had some fun on the third set of obstacles. I was a little tippy on one spot but with taking it easy and Johns spotting made through on 4 wheels.

The lake was beautiful this time. Not too many rigs up there but it seems that Wheeler gets a lot of hikers which is great but you just need to watch for them around the bends.

All in all another great day of wheeling. Now some of the rest of you need to get your rigs up there.

Keith S

JohnBoulderCO
07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
It was a blast! Keith was on 3 wheels, crazy flex...maybe some limiting straps for the next mod.

Yeah, where was the rest of the CO crew? It's wheeling time!

ArloGuthroJeep
07-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Nics pics, I'll be up there next weekend:)

Matt
07-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Nice pics.

I've been in the mountains a lot this summer, but most of it has been on my feet. I did do Blanca a week ago though (beautiful trail!). :)

fpkites
07-17-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm running it Saturday with Arlo too.

jsteves
07-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I've been busy with my new project. I'm up for something next weekend though...so, what trail do we want to run?

K2
07-19-2007, 11:15 PM
It was a blast! Keith was on 3 wheels, crazy flex...maybe some limiting straps for the next mod.

Yeah, where was the rest of the CO crew? It's wheeling time!

I was heading up when you guys were coming down. I was going up 285 when I spotted you and flashed my lights. Dont know if you saw me or not, being so short and all. I was on my way to a BBQ, I wish I went wheeling.

fpkites
07-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Second chance on Saturday Ken :D

JohnBoulderCO
07-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I was heading up when you guys were coming down. I was going up 285 when I spotted you and flashed my lights. Dont know if you saw me or not, being so short and all. I was on my way to a BBQ, I wish I went wheeling.
Ken, I did see you flash your lights. I even told Keith over the CB that a Grand just flashed me. I was wondered if you knew us or were warning us about a cop up ahead doing radar. Since I was in a curve at the time, I didn't have a chance to look over and see if I knew you or the Grand.

Wheeler tomorrow and/or Red Cone next Sunday, you have some options.

Mtn WJ
07-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Yea John radio'd me when you flashed us. I figured a cop was ahead. Anyway sorry we missed you.

You should try and run Redcone on the 29th.

Keith

BigDaveZJ
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
So where's the pics of Keith 3-wheelin it??

JohnBoulderCO
07-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Keith's front bumper was chest high and I was hanging on to it hard. No chance to get the camera, very tippy, just had to back him off and pick a different line.

fpkites
07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Oooh! Dey's tippy spots? Cool! :D

Mtn WJ
07-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Keith's front bumper was chest high and I was hanging on to it hard. No chance to get the camera, very tippy, just had to back him off and pick a different line.

Yea three of four times later we found the line John used just before me. If you recall last year when the Unimog drove up on the right side, that is the line we took. Very fun but a little tippy. Good thing we were taking it easy.