PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moore Lake 7 8 07

Mtn WJ
07-09-2007, 09:52 AM
The kids and I ran Bill Moore Lake on Sunday. The chute is pretty tame these days, as is the rest of the trail. The mud pits are blocked off however the entire area near the mud pits is getting pretty rutted and I can see that become a muddy mess in the future. The lake was great. I have not been there in a while where it was so clear and calm at the top. The elevation at the lake is apx 11,300 feet. Kyle drove the entire BML portion of the trail. He is getting pretty good.

The bad part of the BML area is all the ATV traffic. There must have been 15 empty ATV type trailers in the lot below. Frustrating when they come up on your tail and without warning jump around you. I typically let them go by but it seems they are not patient enough for you to find a wide area to pull by. One guy was leading his daughter onto the tundra on purpose. I stopped to tell him to stay on the trails. I gave him the you wouldnt want a Ranger to see you do that and he was actually cool about it. I get less confrontation that way. Then I slip in a we dont want the trails to close because of things like that dont ya know.

Anyway it was a good trip and we drove along Mill Creek for a bit which is as tight as usuall between the trees. Kind of fun.

Keith