PDA

View Full Version : Kevin's trailer was stolen

DansZJ
06-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone can assist us here in Phoenix. Kevin's trailer was stolen from the shop this weekend and he needs one for GSW. I'll try to avoid going on a rant about scumbags who steal from good, honest people because it's all been said before.

My point in this post is to try to help Kevin out so he can get his Jeep to Maob this week. If you have access to a trailer that you're not taking to GSW and would be willing to lend to him please help him out. Also, if you know of one for sale in the Phoenix Metro area, let him know as he'll need to replace his at some point. He can be reached at kevin@kevinsoffroad.com. Thanks in advance, I know he appreciates anything we can do to help.

Dan

fpkites
06-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Fawking hate thieves!!!! Of all times for it to happen! Good luck to Kev, wish I could help out.

nierace
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Worse comes to worse you could always get one of the U-Haul ones...though that wouldn't be the best thing for his rig...

skrracing
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Dan, I have 2 trailers and he is more than we;come to use one of them. They are not enclosed but great car haulers. I am in Northern AZ and he can pick it up. I justl dropped him an email and line it up if he still need it. Later...Clint

FearTheDentist
06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
That really sucks! Was it stolen from the shop? Were the security gates open?

DansZJ
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks, Clint. I passed your offer on to Kevin.

Brian, it was stolen from in front of the shop. We had it secured with security cables and locks on the couplers, but when someone wants something they'll get it. As far as the "security gates" go, they have been paved into the blacktop (open position) so they aren't functional.

KevinF
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks to everyone, especially Dan and Clint, for lending a hand in my hour of need. As Dan mentioned, some bastard backed up a flat-bed tow truck and just left with the entire trailer on Sunday sometime, two days before I needed to leave to Moab with it. When do I finally catch a break??!! Anyway, Clint's kind offer would have worked out fine, but I figured that I needed to buy a replacement at some point in time, so I found one about an hour away from the shop that I purchased last night. Now, I need to work through a lack of a spare tire, the fact that the brakes don't seem to be working as well as I'd like (won't lock up on an empty trailer at full power with the brake pedal, but will with the manual slide on my controller).

Anyway, as SOME luck would have it, I actually insured the trailer against theft about a month ago when I insured my last vehicle. I'm worried about filing a claim, however, as it's pretty sketchy that I insure a trailer that I've had for several years, and then all of a sudden it gets stolen. That's all I need is some sort of investigation.

Anyway, thank you all for your offers of assistance!!

Very Sincerely,
Kevin

fpkites
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Police report should suffice for the insurance company Kev - I say put in the claim and let them get you taken care of.

Glad you found something, and see you Thursday.

Cody
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
screw them. make the claim.

see you tomorrow buddy. drive safe.

Skyline
06-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Anyway, as SOME luck would have it, I actually insured the trailer against theft about a month ago when I insured my last vehicle. I'm worried about filing a claim, however, as it's pretty sketchy that I insure a trailer that I've had for several years, and then all of a sudden it gets stolen. That's all I need is some sort of investigation.

Well if they give you any sort of hard time, you should suggest that perhaps there is some sort of data leak in their home office...and the knowledge, location and specs of your trailer were leaked to the thief. Perhaps insuring it with them WAS linked to the theft, and both you AND the insurer were ripped off together. If they want to investigate, they should start with the paper trail in their own office.

Worst thing an insurer can do is cancel your insurance...but only after they pay your claim.

chadjans
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Kevin:

Glad to hear something good turned up. Sorry I couldn't help more. Blame HalfDoc... Speaking of we load him up manana.

Chad

KevinF
06-13-2007, 11:02 AM
screw them. make the claim.

see you tomorrow buddy. drive safe.

Will be there with a case of Fat Tire for you, my friend.

Kevin

Cody
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I just left you a message. Apparently your phone doesn't work whilst you are typing ;) I should be in town around 8-8:30.

Oh, and much to my irritation, the bag of guts bailed yesterday.