PDA

View Full Version : 10 Days left

Matt
06-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Time to get in the garage and wrench, build, mod, and fix the Jeep.

Tick... Tock... tick... tock...

Luckily, this time around my to do list is pretty small.

JohnBoulderCO
06-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep, the final weekend is coming up to get it ready. Matt, I think you changed everything you could before our last trip to Moab. :D My list is small too, I'm happy.

BigDaveZJ
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Hopefully my list stays small. I had to drive the Jeep today to Medved so they could press some seals back onto my axleshafts, damn vacuum actuated hubs. Anyways, any bump over 15 mph and HOLY CRAP DID ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE!!!! First real DW I've ever had in almost 6 years of having a lifted ZJ. All 4 bolts on the frame side trackbar bracket weren't even finger tight. Not sure if that's the cause or the effect though. There's some slight vertical play on the output shaft of the steering box . . .

OverkillZJ
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Just so ya'll know, YOU ALL SUCK. But only since I can't be there this year.

Sandy R
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Just so ya'll know, YOU ALL SUCK. But only since I can't be there this year.

If you have room on your credit card YOU CAN COME TO GSW. :D To me, it's worth the debt. It's the one week I look forward to the most every year. You can figure out how to pay for it later. See you next week?

Matt
06-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah Matt, sounds like the rig is now "trail worthy". CYA in a week. :D

PS, I think I'm heading up the Carnage Boulder this Wed to just make a quick test run. I need to make sure my steering is now fixed (new pump, synth fluid). If anyone wants to come along I'll PM you my number. Trailhead @ 5:30-6:00 PM.

Matt

ArloGuthroJeep
06-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Hopefully my list stays small. I had to drive the Jeep today to Medved so they could press some seals back onto my axleshafts, damn vacuum actuated hubs. Anyways, any bump over 15 mph and HOLY CRAP DID ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE!!!! First real DW I've ever had in almost 6 years of having a lifted ZJ. All 4 bolts on the frame side trackbar bracket weren't even finger tight. Not sure if that's the cause or the effect though. There's some slight vertical play on the output shaft of the steering box . . .

I am fighting DW myself as well, just like last year it showed up a few weeks before GSW:gay:

PassRunnerZJ
06-05-2007, 12:18 AM

$.10 says it is the front trackbar bushing... do you still have the rubber one? I think there are some posts, oh wait NAGCA is gone:)

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-05-2007, 12:33 AM
If you have room on your credit card YOU CAN COME TO GSW. :D To me, it's worth the debt. It's the one week I look forward to the most every year. You can figure out how to pay for it later. See you next week?

Spoken like a true american! :D

I'm gonna miss getting out there this year.... ALOT! But it would be a seriously bad financial decision for me to make the trip out there, even by plane. School is expensive! You guys have a good time, and dont forget to drunk dial the poooomz!

BigDaveZJ
06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
$.10 says it is the front trackbar bushing... do you still have the rubber one? I think there are some posts, oh wait NAGCA is gone:)

I'm running the Super Hard Durometer bushings in both ends of the trackbar, just put them in last year and they look real tight still. After I tightened up the bolts on the trackbar bracket everything looked good, but I didnt have time to take it out for a test drive.

Sandy R
06-05-2007, 07:44 AM
After I tightened up the bolts on the trackbar bracket everything looked good, but I didnt have time to take it out for a test drive.

From 1999-2001 I struggled with DW a few times a year. I changed every friggin part of the front end to no avail (tie rods, steering stabs, bushings, etc.). WITHOUT EXCEPTION, every time an extra turn on either the upper or lower track bar bolt cured it. 90% of the time it was the upper track bar bolt that needed a turn. Carry extra grade 8 track bar bolts in case you over tighten and snap one. And when it feels damn tight, put a cheater bar on the wrench and tighten it another 1/4 - 1/2 turn. My two cents!

EDIT: And if you still have that tie rod end in the upper mount, try replacing it with a heavy duty heim joint.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
From 1999-2001 I struggled with DW a few times a year. I changed every friggin part of the front end to no avail (tie rods, steering stabs, bushings, etc.). WITHOUT EXCEPTION, every time an extra turn on either the upper or lower track bar bolt cured it. 90% of the time it was the upper track bar bolt that needed a turn. Carry extra grade 8 track bar bolts in case you over tighten and snap one. And when it feels damn tight, put a cheater bar on the wrench and tighten it another 1/4 - 1/2 turn. My two cents!

EDIT: And if you still have that tie rod end in the upper mount, try replacing it with a heavy duty heim joint.

Ever since we tightened down mine like that at GSW last year, I have to buy 2-3 bolts every time I retorque my trackbar because I ALWAYS break at least one thanks to your method:smt066

JohnBoulderCO
06-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Tighten until the bolt breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.:D

fpkites
06-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Guess I'll have to add some bolts to my spares collection for this year :rofl:

JohnBoulderCO
06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Yep, I carry a big booty bag of bolts. Left over from lifts, projects, etc...if you break a bolt on the trail, it doesn't manner how many tools you have in your tool box.

Texas ZJ1
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I'll see you guys Thursday.

Hunter

dads5.9
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm really hoping to avoid the welding and grinding at midnight the night before I leave this year. I'm sure that my neighbors will appreciate that. I have a few things to finish up this weekend but it shouldn't be bad.

Sandy R
06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm really hoping to avoid the welding and grinding at midnight the night before I leave this year. I'm sure that my neighbors will appreciate that. I have a few things to finish up this weekend but it shouldn't be bad.

Verlan, you can wait a day and do it again in the Redstone parking lot.

Mtn WJ
06-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I need to replace my front brake lines and extend my rear sway bar links. I hope to get that done Monday after work at Daves house. My friggen garage is so full of crap I cant reach the welder.

Everything else is done.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I'll see you guys Thursday.

Hunter

I know you're old, drive slow, and have a long ways to go, but you're leaving already?:smt104

Texas ZJ1
06-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Next week. BTW, I'm surprised the yatch club is letting you go. Isn't there a four popped collar minimum at your meetings?

Hunter

dads5.9
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Sandy,

I still havn't cleaned up the redstone parking lot grinding and cutting that I did last year. My rocker panels are cut off and open at the back because they were grabbing the rear tires and cutting them up.

Keith, I hear you about the garage. I can still get to the welder but not much else. I have more stuff lost in my garage than most people own...

nathaniel
06-07-2007, 01:05 AM
I still need to change the oil, charge the A/C, clean the air filter, maybe swap out the power steering pump, and add a couple of KC's to the front if we are going to do some night wheelin. Rig is being trailered this year so I dont have to worry to much about being completely road worthy

Colorado 5.9
06-07-2007, 02:18 AM
I have a rear swaybar issue to solve.

Between picking it up SAt. & yesterday when I got the new 35's. We discovered that the swaybar shiffted to the drivers side. It put a nice 1/8" to 14" grove it the 33.

I ordered new 1.5" Perfornace Wheel & Tire spacers to gain a 1/4". I put them on tonight & the spacing is much better. I also put hose clamps on the swaybar so it won't shift anymore. It drove good on the street taking corners & did not shift or rub.

Howerver. I also raised the back up about an inch with the Acos spacers & while I had a one side jacked up to do it I checked the swaybar on the other side & it was touching the tire.

As far as I can see the bar will rub on both sides when one or the other tire is stuffed climbing stuff.

I don't know what else to do. I'll find out how bad it will be this Sat. where ever I go for a test run.

I guess I'll have to call Bob too & see what he says.

wpcheairs
06-07-2007, 02:20 AM
I was all ready until a few weeks ago when we went and ran Hole in the Rock trail. One of my CJ buddy's had a problem with his fuel injection so i had to tow him out 25 miles back to the trucks. In the proccess I broke my rear locker and layed mine on its side. My list of things to do got much bigger and I was notified at work that I have to work this weekend. I guess it's crunch time. I just got my new Auburn Ected locker in and the new door glass. Still have to get it tinted to match the others but things are progressing. Everything should be ready by Wed of next week.

Cody
06-07-2007, 02:31 AM
bummer. nice flop though!

K2
06-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Which door? If you have trouble finding the glass cheap let me know. I have an extra door waiting to go on we can grab the glass out of, and I will just swap it again when I fix the door. I have had a dented door for over 5 years, no reason to swap it before a big fourwheeling trip to get smashed!

I also have a few items to finish. I really need to get moving on my t-case skid.

Sandy R
06-07-2007, 07:28 AM
[quote=Colorado 5.9;147657]I have a rear swaybar issue to solve. /quote]

Scott, do you tow or speed? :) Do you really need the rear sway bar? I took mine off in 2001 when Clayt's longarms went on. Granted I don't tow or speed (4.0 liter sees to that) but I really don't notice a difference with it out of there.

Cody
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't run a rear swaybar either.

Colorado 5.9
06-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, I like to do corners pretty fast.:) I do the speed limit though.

I just worry about the spring over though more than anything. Especially if we do Moab Rim. I here all kinds of bad things about no rear sway.

I'd really like to make it work. Especially since I just spent $150 for new spacers.

Matt
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Matt (from T&T) is at the shop, may want to run it up there this week and he can take a look at it. I'm heading up there today to pick up the UCA bushings (Bob sent some down with Matt, how cool is that!)

If you want to hit Hidden Valley with us let me know. Great place to test stuff out.

Oh, and nice flop!

JohnBoulderCO
06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
LCA bushings suck to replace. That is all.

Cody
06-07-2007, 01:23 PM
will someone come take my jeep and change the oil? I don't feel like it

Brett M
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
will someone come take my jeep and change the oil? I don't feel like it

Pay me

Cody
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uIxhz1M3Rc&mode=related&search=

hahaha, oops! I always wondered if that happened to people there.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, I like to do corners pretty fast.:) I do the speed limit though.

I just worry about the spring over though more than anything. Especially if we do Moab Rim. I here all kinds of bad things about no rear sway.

I'd really like to make it work. Especially since I just spent $150 for new spacers.

I followed a guy @ GSW last year w/o F/R sway bars and on the off camber sections (such as on 7-mile rim) he was scary tippy...

nate
06-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't have any swaybars on my Jeep and I don't find it's all that bad. One of these days I might put one on, but it's about #9,853,942 on the to do list.

jsteves
06-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't have any swaybars on my Jeep and I don't find it's all that bad. One of these days I might put one on, but it's about #9,853,942 on the to do list.

Agreed:best:

nathaniel
06-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I'd suggest doing a rear sway bar for the offroad gain. It takes the whole floppiness out of the suspension and if done right has no real effect on travel. I still max out my shocks with the spring 4" off the seat and the on road stability is nice as well. I'm using stock explorer bar on an 8.8 with end links that are about 12" long mounted to the front part of the hitch. It also make the front suspension work a little more.

JohnBoulderCO
06-07-2007, 10:56 PM
LCA bushings suck to replace. That is all.
I needed to be taunted by the LCA bushings a second time. They really suck. Just needed to share. I feel better now.

dads5.9
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
I have this whole system for drilling and cutting out the LCA bushings. With four (now 3) ZJs there always seemed to be some that needed bushings. I can't even count how many that I've replaced.

It still sucks....

BigDaveZJ
06-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Well we got the DW taken care of, just gotta give the rest of the Jeep a once-over and then get to work on the truck!

ArloGuthroJeep
06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Kolak is sending me some new TB bushings on his dime:)

Sandy R
06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Kolak is sending me some new TB bushings on his dime:)

Nick could send them with Kevin and you too could be wrenching in the Redstone parking lot again this year. :D

JohnBoulderCO
06-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Nick could send them with Kevin and you too could be wrenching in the Redstone parking lot again this year. :D
I'll bring the beer.:D

ArloGuthroJeep
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM

Not sure why I didn't think of that:shake: Oh well, Nick said they would be here by Monday so maybe I will replace them there just for shitz and gigglez:best: Then I can have Ramon break the bolt:rolleyes:

Rock Yacht
06-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Scott, gimme a call. With the factory wheels (lots of backspacing) I was afraid this could be a problem. When we set the suspension up we used my 35's on TR beadlocks (lots less backspacing) and all was good. Willie Worthy (Willies Workbench in the rags) has a similar wheel and tire combo as you and he fought with the factory style swaybar in the tire sidewall thingy too. His is/was complicated by the F8.8 we swapped in it (they are narrower than the D35/44). His solution was to bend the swaybar to get the ends closer to the coils.

Since I did a F8.8 swap in mine when we started the build (had it laying around anyway) I dropped the factory swaybar and converted the rear to a TJ swaybar. The stock TJ bar was not enough,so I replaced it with an ADDCO TJ bar. Only problem there is you can't get one in time.
They are S L O W to deliver.

Simple solution drive it to Moab with the sway, then I can help you remove the sway for the couple of days of wheeling, then reinstall to go home.

FWIW, I DO NOT disco my sways FRONT or REAR (both are disconnect style). Tried it (both) while testing at EJS and the Jeep is much better on off camber with them on. If I had to pick one end to disco, I would undo the back before the front. We tested both ends diso'd, front off/rear on, rear off/front on and both on. Since I have the TJ style sway in the back it is a bit less sway than a ZJ sway. My favorite was both hooked up, followed by the front on/rear off. Both off is not so good in a ZJ IMO...

My to do list:
1.) Finish MAXXIS Tire project Jeep

Then work on mine...
1.) Change oil/filter
2.) Give it a once over
3.) Load gear
4.) Load CD tray for the long drive over.

I'm driving it over (and the family is coming) but I can squeeze the little welder in if anyone thinks we may need it...

Bob

fpkites
06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Bob - Scott and I were looking at his setup last night before we started working on my rig, and we were wondering if perhaps shorter endlinks on the rear sway would get rid of the tire damage. Drops the angle of the bar down a bit, but it still does it's job. I never put extended links on mine, so my bar is now angled quite far down - SB stays tucked down behind the caliper/rotor.

As far as my to-do list, Scott and I threw in his old 1.25" pucks to clear my tires a little better last night, and I'll be slapping on his old rear JKS rear trackbar tonight. Other than that, it'll be fluid changes and torque checks after a shakedown run tomorrow.

PassRunnerZJ
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Well we got the DW taken care of, just gotta give the rest of the Jeep a once-over and then get to work on the truck!

So do I need to bring the $.10 with me? I'm always courious about DW issues since I've fought both bushings and ovaled out bolt holes. Tweaked/worn bushings being the scariest.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-08-2007, 11:53 AM
37 ZJ's
9 WJ's
2 WK's

Kinda pathetic turnout for the newer GC's:shake:

AgitatedPancake
06-08-2007, 01:18 PM
I feel like there were a decent anmount more WJ's then that last year...

Z
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
37 ZJ's
9 WJ's
2 WK's

Kinda pathetic turnout for the newer GC's:shake:

The two WKs are from vendors, too!

Actually, one is from 4xGuard, a vendor. One is from a Jeep employee who has borrowed a 3.0L CRD for the event.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
AEV not coming this year?

Cody
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I want a diesel WK. Just an FYI.

Sandy R
06-08-2007, 01:44 PM
AEV not coming this year?

Not making it.

PassRunnerZJ
06-08-2007, 02:30 PM
The lack of WJ's this year could be attributed to a couple of items, they were traveling longer distances than most of the ZJ's, although my wife's WJ get way better fuel mileage than my ZJ and I don't think a lot of the owners were keen on taking them on the harder trails thus risking damage to their clean WJs.

JohnBoulderCO
06-08-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think a lot of the owners were keen on taking them on the harder trails thus risking damage to their clean WJs.
Yep, that's me. ;) I took one bypass on The Pickle instead of crunching both front fenders.

Cody
06-08-2007, 05:50 PM
who was hitting both front fenders? but you deffinately would have kissed that passenger side one.

Z
06-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I want a diesel WK. Just an FYI.

And I want a diesel Gladiator (II). May have to settle for a diesel WK.

Z
06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
who was hitting both front fenders? but you deffinately would have kissed that passenger side one.

Nah, not after we figured out that a little stacking on the passenger side kept it safe.

Matt
06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't hit, but I didn't make it either. :(

Next time......

fpkites
06-09-2007, 01:28 AM
F/R JKS adjustable trackbars are in, front will probably get some tweaking at the Redstone - otherwise, I'm ready to get the fuck to Moab!!!!

Colorado 5.9
06-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Bob, where did you get the end links from. Can we get shorter ones? If the end links where say 3" or so shorter They would be just past the rim I think. That would be enough to clear. The only thing is the swaybar ends might be at too much of an angle. Not sure though. Scott

Scott, gimme a call. With the factory wheels (lots of backspacing) I was afraid this could be a problem. When we set the suspension up we used my 35's on TR beadlocks (lots less backspacing) and all was good. Willie Worthy (Willies Workbench in the rags) has a similar wheel and tire combo as you and he fought with the factory style swaybar in the tire sidewall thingy too. His is/was complicated by the F8.8 we swapped in it (they are narrower than the D35/44). His solution was to bend the swaybar to get the ends closer to the coils.

Since I did a F8.8 swap in mine when we started the build (had it laying around anyway) I dropped the factory swaybar and converted the rear to a TJ swaybar. The stock TJ bar was not enough,so I replaced it with an ADDCO TJ bar. Only problem there is you can't get one in time.
They are S L O W to deliver.

Simple solution drive it to Moab with the sway, then I can help you remove the sway for the couple of days of wheeling, then reinstall to go home.

Bob

ArloGuthroJeep
06-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Going wheeling today, I hope I don't break anything:D

Matt
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Going wheeling today, I hope I don't break anything:D

Ditto, but I'd rather break it here rather than in Moab. :D

ArloGuthroJeep
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
In 4 nights I'll be in Moab:)

Do I need to make reservations or will there be places available?

BigDaveZJ
06-10-2007, 11:55 PM
There should be a few places with vacancy, I think the Redstone is booked though.

We got most of what we wanted done on the truck today. Installed tranny temp, boost, and EGT gauges and flushed the tranny. Wanted to get the power steering flushed too but didn't have time, nor the desire. Tomorrow I just have a couple things to do to the Jeep and we're set.

Sandy R
06-11-2007, 12:08 AM
There should be a few places with vacancy, I think the Redstone is booked though.

Me thinks he's messin with us Dave.

Matt
06-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Ok, since this is my first event, do we meet anywhere on Thus night or is it just a big meet and greet Friday morning at City Market?

Sorry for the newb question, I'm sure this is stated somewhere.

I'm ready to load up and head west!

ArloGuthroJeep
06-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Me thinks he's messin with us Dave.

:smt059

ArloGuthroJeep
06-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Ok, since this is my first event, do we meet anywhere on Thus night or is it just a big meet and greet Friday morning at City Market?

Sorry for the newb question, I'm sure this is stated somewhere.

I'm ready to load up and head west!

It says on the GSW page, but there is a meeting @ 7pm Thursday night.

From the site:

Location: A park across the street from Red Rock Elementary School, which is at: 685 Mill Creek Drive, Moab. MAP (http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/PDF/RotaryPark_map.pdf)

Last year was all rainy:smt022 This year will probably be 99.99 deg outside:(

JohnBoulderCO
06-11-2007, 12:46 AM
But it's a dry heat. :D Yeah, Thursday night there is a M&G.

If you signed up for Golden Spike, you need to be at the M&G, so we can see how many want to run it. That's listed on the registration site. If "too many" want to run GS, then we do a raffle.

Colorado 5.9
06-11-2007, 01:59 AM
OK, so I think with lots of Corey help the rear swaybar issue is solved for now. We shortened the endlinks about 2" or so. The end of the bar is now about even with the rim if not a tad lower. It's a good 1.25" away from the rim.

Before it was 1/4" from the tire & would rub on a good hard turn or when the tire was stuffed.

The way it is now it might limit flex a bit but hopefully not too much.

With Bob's help I'll look into something better/differant after Moab.

Sadly the other project didn't go so well.

I have a PSC power steering pump that we thought just needed a Ram 1500 5.9 bracket,pully & new belt.

Well, the darn bracket hits the tubes coming out of the Steering box.

This is what good old Matt( in Pennsylvainia) said that all was needed. He just forgot to ad that there's NO steering box sitting under his pump bracket. He has Hydro steering.

So the PSC pump will have to wait till after Moab as well.

Corey used some kind of PSC bracket on Chalupa but doesn't know what # it was or what Jeep it was really ment for.

Other than that I just have to change out the T-case fluid & pop the belly pan back on.

AgitatedPancake
06-11-2007, 02:37 AM
You guys better have fun out there, I'm gunna be sitting at home thinking about driving all around Moab with no power steering for two days. Such a joy that was =P

Matt
06-11-2007, 08:47 AM
It says on the GSW page, but there is a meeting @ 7pm Thursday night.

From the site:

Last year was all rainy:smt022 This year will probably be 99.99 deg outside:(

Cool, thanks for the info! I'm planning on climbing 2 14ers on Thur morning (castle/cunondrum), so I want to give myself enough time.

If I'm not there, someone drop my name in the hat for Golden Spike please! :D

Matt
06-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Top off your coolant before you head out to hell!

fpkites
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Only 3 more things for the Heep:

Oil change
Get some more green in the radiator so I can raise my boiling point a bit - 222 degrees now, I'd like it a little higher just to be safe.
Scale off some rust and slap a quick bit of krylon on the sliders...gotta be able to see all the Moab carnage without seeing previous stuff :D

To buy: Fill CO2 at Red Comet, perhaps get new coax for the 'ol CB. It's getting out, but SWR sucks donkey dick right now.

Cody
06-11-2007, 12:35 PM
great, the hottest day is also going to be my longest day..........bring lots of water everyone.

JohnBoulderCO
06-11-2007, 02:29 PM
For me too! Long and hot! Fill up the coolers.

egg
06-11-2007, 02:41 PM
how long does it take to get to moab from denver?

ArloGuthroJeep
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM
~6-7 hours depending on how fast you drive & stop for lunch etc...

egg
06-11-2007, 03:49 PM
~6-7 hours depending on how fast you drive & stop for lunch etc...

thank you buddy, I guess I'll be leaving thursday at noon then, I'm missing a couple cylinders.

Matt
06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
thank you buddy, I guess I'll be leaving thursday at noon then, I'm missing a couple cylinders.

I know the feeling. :o

PassRunnerZJ
06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I bet if it is 100 freaking degrees this weekend while we are there that the event gets moved back to the second weekend in June. Maybe the kid's birthday will hit on Monday or Tuesday next year...

BigDaveZJ
06-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I bet if it is 100 freaking degrees this weekend while we are there that the event gets moved back to the second weekend in June. Maybe the kid's birthday will hit on Monday or Tuesday next year...

It was beautiful out there the last few days . . . . :smt047

Colorado 5.9
06-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Nope, sorry. In 02 it was 105 to 110 & we still have it in the middle of june.

Rock Yacht
06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
When are you leaving Denver aera? We're headed out on Thurs am (EARLY!!!)

Bob

Cool, thanks for the info! I'm planning on climbing 2 14ers on Thur morning (castle/cunondrum), so I want to give myself enough time.

If I'm not there, someone drop my name in the hat for Golden Spike please! :D

Rock Yacht
06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
1)Bob, where did you get the end links from?

2)Can we get shorter ones?

If the end links where say 3" or so shorter They would be just past the rim I think. That would be enough to clear. The only thing is the swaybar ends might be at too much of an angle. Not sure though. Scott

1) My head

2) Sure get me a measurement, bring them with

3) Rather see the ends at the same angle for the sway to work correctly, but then again, text book answers never really sit well with me :D
Bob

Rock Yacht
06-12-2007, 12:54 AM
1)OK, so I think with lots of Corey help the rear swaybar issue is solved for now. We shortened the endlinks about 2" or so. The end of the bar is now about even with the rim if not a tad lower. It's a good 1.25" away from the rim.

2)With Bob's help I'll look into something better/differant after Moab.

3)Sadly the other project didn't go so well.

1) Cool

2) Done

3) Bummer. Gotta get me some of your steering. The stock box (ratio) needs help.

Bob

Rock Yacht
06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Top off your coolant before you head out to hell!

UGH

This fat guy will melt at that kind of temps!!!!! Who orderred that stuff? You're fired!!! :D

Looks like the 300+ bones I just dumped in the AC may have been worth it. Hope the cooling sys is working. note to self: check cooling tomorrow when doing oil change...

Rock Yacht
06-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Anyone want to carpool from Denver?

Planning to leave at Odark30 (sorry ex military still get up at 0500). Want to be climbing the big hills before the heat of the day. Let me know and we can meet on I-25, I-76 or I-70.

Bob

wpcheairs
06-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm planning on leaving Denver at 8:00AM. If that works I'll be up for caravaning down. I'll be towing down thou and will be slow going up the two passes. Not sure which trailer I'm going to take, if its the big one, up and down the passes gets slow.

Bill

Colorado 5.9
06-12-2007, 06:19 AM
I guess this is why they call it Tip Over Challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyGiYdqoTk&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uIxhz1M3Rc&mode=related&search=

hahaha, oops! I always wondered if that happened to people there.

JohnBoulderCO
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkFYEXBg9I&mode=related&search=

Another one of Tip Over. This guy doesn't know how to go slow. He was lucky.

BigDaveZJ
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Well my stuff's all ready to go . . . . except Keith's WJ is in my driveway.

Mtn WJ
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah and its behind your Jeep so I guess we need to get mine fixed in order for yours to make it.

BigDaveZJ
06-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Eh, you've got tow points, I can just move you around with the truck, LOL

ArloGuthroJeep
06-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Need to replace a trackbar bushing, fill coolant, fill rear diff oil, and maybe change the oil:cool:

Cody
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty much ready. fixed the stuff that I needed to fix now just need to pack and load it up on the trailer.

fpkites
06-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Oil change, CO2 fill, Home Depot trip for tie-down straps for my cargo box.

Colorado 5.9
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
The d30 tube seals came in late yesterday . Since I bitched about 4wheel parts getting them to me so late I guess I need to put them in.

jsteves
06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
My hood louvers were supposed to be here on Sat :mad: ....I am still hopefull for today.

BigDaveZJ
06-12-2007, 12:53 PM
We'll be leaving tomorrow hopefully around 5PM, hope to make some good time out there with the tow rigs. I can do 70 the whole way, and Ron just chipped his truck and put a 4" exhaust on it so he should be able to do the same. Hopefully we get there in time to still have a few cold ones.

AgitatedPancake
06-12-2007, 01:20 PM
I guess this is why they call it Tip Over Challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyGiYdqoTk&mode=related&search=

That one's right up there with the backflip that Sudz recently posted, that was rediculous.

Cody
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
it took us like 45 minutes to talk dave into doing that obstacle ;)

I was actually surprised to see that someone actually tipped over on tip-over challenge. But I guess he tipped over on the little wall just before the obstacle--and what did the lack of lockers have to do with anything? he was rolling backwards like an idiot.

ArloGuthroJeep
06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't have lockers and I didn't roll over...did I do the obstacle incorrectly?

AgitatedPancake
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
yeah Ryan, you did.

That guy was rolling like 10mph backwards, AND cranked the wheel.

Matt
06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Last time we were out there we did tip over at night.

I've lowered the Jeep since.

JohnBoulderCO
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Tip Over at night was fun! I missed the line, couldn't see it, got a little tippy, but it was still fun. I thought you lowered because of Moab Rim. ;)

I'm set. Just finished the few final things and packed up the Jeep. I ready!

Rock Yacht
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah and its behind your Jeep so I guess we need to get mine fixed in order for yours to make it.

HUH?

Oil changed, good to go. Load after work tomorrow.

Bob

Matt
06-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm leaving 10:00 PM tomorrow. Bob, you might catch up to me. :D

BigDaveZJ
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Bob,
Keith had his W down at my house to do some brake work last night and it ended up staying down here, blocking my ZJ in the garage.

K2
06-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Please keep an eye on diesel prices. I will be using my friends truck with an L-tank. If I can get it cheaper here in Denver than I fill it to save some cash. Thanks, and drive safe everyone!

BigDaveZJ
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Ken, I thought you were going to run WVO??

I've been seeing it for $3.09 around the south end of town. Accidentally stole my parents $10/gal discount at Safeway the other night and ended up paying $2.96. I looked at denvergasprices.com and coloradogasprices.com and didn't see too much variance across the state. I stop in GJ to fill up most of the time and their prices are a little higher than Denvers but not by much. I'm going to TRY to get some Bio somewhere though.

KevinF
06-13-2007, 11:07 AM
See you guys this eve. It's an 8 hour drive for me, and we're leaving around 10am local...so maybe 7pm-ish arrival time. Someone have a cold beer waiting for me, lol.

YEAH!!!!! Moab, baby...Moab!!!

Kevin

K2
06-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Ken, I thought you were going to run WVO??

I've been seeing it for $3.09 around the south end of town. Accidentally stole my parents $10/gal discount at Safeway the other night and ended up paying $2.96. I looked at denvergasprices.com and coloradogasprices.com and didn't see too much variance across the state. I stop in GJ to fill up most of the time and their prices are a little higher than Denvers but not by much. I'm going to TRY to get some Bio somewhere though.

We were, but we changed the processor and were down for 3 weeks. We dont have enough to put a real dent in a tank. I have the Kingsoopers one I am waiting to use. I might fill both tanks on that. Thanks

K2

K2
06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Nevermind, I am leaving in the Jeep. Trailer brakes were not working, so after working on it last night and this morning, we packed the Jeep and are leaving 30 minutes, I hope to see you guys tonight.

K2