PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Canyon - Boulder

Matt
05-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Well it was going to be a run up Lefthand Canyon to mess around with my buddies, but then John showed up. :) Non of us wanted to hit carnage, but with some chatting we decided we'd give it a try and turn around when we had enough (which I thought would be in the first 10 mins).

The list included:
Me: stock XJ - 29's - open
Ryan: XJ - 2" lift - 31's - open
Ryan: Toyota PU - stock - 31's - open
Andy (I think) - XJ - 3" lift - 31's - open
John - 6" WJ - 35's - locked
YJ guy - 37's - locked.

Anyway, you can see that we were headed toward a fun day of wheeling. Keep in mind this is the first trail ever for 3 of the guys.

With some good spots and a extra rock here or there we made it all the way through. Some tiny dents and a couple scratches were all that came from carnage (no one took a strap). BUT we did run into plenty of people that didn't fair out to well. A Scout blew up a radiator, a XJ broke a front axle, some HS kids took there moms 4 runner up there and bounced it off rocks and trees, and a TJ broke a lower control arm. I got a little cocky and tried an offshoot coming down Lefthand that dug into my rocker pretty good.

At one point there were 4 different groups in one spot going up and coming down (took about an hour to go 100 feet). We saw some pretty piss poor attitudes up there, but I guess that's to be expected at carnage.

All in all a great day of wheeling though!

I didn't get to many pics, because I was pretty busy driving/spotting. But here's the ones I got:

I'll add more pics when I get them from other people.

JohnBoulderCO
05-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Blame all the fun on me. ;)
Yeah, that one spot was a Cluster, an hour for 100ft, but it was entertaining to watch. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Z
05-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks for letting me tag along.

Sounds to me like that should read "Thanks for tagging along with me"!

JohnBoulderCO
05-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Haha, the YJ guy was leading, were were just "tagging along". :D

jjunk
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
looks like you had a great time. I have the same picture of my grand at the same spot. Look at mine about three sections down. Last picture of the set.