PDA

View Full Version : my drive home

BigDaveZJ
04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it actually belongs in Trip Reports, lol.

For some :gayflag: reason CDOT closed 25 south of Denver again. Making it a little tricky for us to get home. There's two paved ways to get home, and one non-paved way. Thousands of people trying to go the same way, which do you think we chose?

Only problem was the other idiots out there. There was someone in a Saturn that was really getting on my nerves, but it was also obvious a few people had gotten over confident and put it in the ditch. But the Saturn still had NO business out there.

BigDaveZJ
04-24-2007, 09:28 PM
more

wheelnzj
04-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Holly shit Dave I know what you mean we had the same type of weather here today in Cali- NOT. It's sunny and 79* out. Time for somemore drinks while sitting out enjoying our backyard.

JohnBoulderCO
04-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Damn, glad you got home safe. It's just raining up here.

Matt
04-24-2007, 11:28 PM
It just started sticking to the ground here in Inverness. Fun times.

ILikeMud
04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
shitty.
Even the snow is gone in Canada, you know you got it bad.

Oh and :rofl: at the cripple parking pass.

BigDaveZJ
04-25-2007, 12:21 AM
It just started sticking to the ground here in Inverness. Fun times.

Things DEFINITELY change once you hit the ridge going south!!

spykosshow
04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Holly shit Dave I know what you mean we had the same type of weather here today in Cali- NOT. It's sunny and 79* out. Time for somemore drinks while sitting out enjoying our backyard.

We hit 85 here on monday!

PassRunnerZJ
04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Damn, GJ was just a little rain, but nice most of the day. However DIA was a rainy, fricken delayed mess. My flight out of SeaTac was 30 minutes delayed because of the flight from DIA, then we had to circle all the way down by Castle Rock to get lined up for landing. Then my flight to GJ was delayed two hours because of the weather and they couldn't find the flight that was supposed to be there for us to take to GJ. And on top of that, my luggage didn't make it on my scheduled flight and came in at 9:30 on the last flight to GJ for the airline.

Go figure, they had three hours to get my luggage from Frontier to Great Lakes, less than half-a-mile away in/along the same concorse(sp). On a somewhat funny note, they let a couple of stand by people on the flight and then came out to the plan to pull them off right before we took off as we were "grossly overweight" and we had to walk through the windy rain to get to the plane. They were not happy to have to walk back as neither had jackets of any kind and I'm sure they had to walk back out to their normal fight.

ArloGuthroJeep
04-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Dave where do you work? Didn't see any hint of snow in Boulder.

BigDaveZJ
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Dave where do you work? Didn't see any hint of snow in Boulder.

Park Meadows, live in Castle Rock. The back roads that are paved were clusterfucks, so since I was in the 250 and Pam was in her ZJ we decided to take the unpaved way through Daniels Park.

Cody
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
I think it's good to have spring storms like that. Keeps the fire restrictions moer managable in the summer and helps snowpack. I know our snowpack--especially in southern Utah-- sucks this year. Lake Powell is at 47% capacity.

Cody

BigDaveZJ
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Our snowpack could definitely use some help. The only problem is that when the front range gets pounded, the mountains don't. The foothills got quite a bit which helps in the short term, but doesn't do much to effect the snowpack.

Mtn WJ
04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
OK now I get the Saturn thing you were talking about today.

Funny thing in Highlands Ranch we barely got any snow but when my wife drove home from Parker she had snow on the hood of her car.

spykosshow
05-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I know, I'm bringing a thread back from the dead.

How close is everyone to Parker, Fort Collins, or Estes Park? I've got family in all three.

BigDaveZJ
05-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm 20 minutes from Parker.

Matt
05-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll be moving back to Parker in a couple months. Right now I'm about 15 mins from Parker.

spykosshow
05-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Oh nice! I go out to parker every other couple of years or so.