PDA

View Full Version : GSR 2007- Sept 14, 15 & 16, 2007

wheelnzj
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi,
I am looking at Sept. 14, 15 & 16 as the best dates so far. We would meet up at Loon Lake around 0800 Friday morning and come out of the trail on Sunday afternoon.
Thanks and I hope to see ya on the con!
Ron

H3RESQ
04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm there, I'll have GSR2007 stickers in hand for all participants.

Can't wait

nate
04-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Where is Rubicon exactly? (what's the nearby town)

Camping out on those days?

Place to park a truck and trailer without it getting broken into??

I'm interested in going.

AgitatedPancake
04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
the end we will be coming out of comes out in a neighborhood like a mile from tahoe at the south end I think. .but that wouldnt help with the trailer.The closest to Loon is what, Georgetown? Is your truck street legal just not comfortable? If it is, I bet you'd be able to find a place in georgetown which is like 15+ miles out. If not, you'd have to park your truck and trailer at loon. I don't know how safe it is out there but people do it all the time.

H3RESQ
04-25-2007, 01:15 AM
If you park at Loon you'll still have to get back to your truck/trailer after ending trail.(It's not a loop). You'll probably be able to hitch a ride with someone.

I would recomend trying to leave truck/trailer at a Hotel that you stay at or a WalMart parking lot or something. I would hope you can drive to the trailhead from there at least.

AprilzWarrior
04-25-2007, 01:41 AM
the end we will be coming out of comes out in a neighborhood like a mile from tahoe at the south end I think. .but that wouldnt help with the trailer.The closest to Loon is what, Georgetown? Is your truck street legal just not comfortable? If it is, I bet you'd be able to find a place in georgetown which is like 15+ miles out. If not, you'd have to park your truck and trailer at loon. I don't know how safe it is out there but people do it all the time.

My family is in Georgetown... too far from the Con IMO. Id park at Loon, off Ice House Rd. Not Wentworth in Georgetown.

I will probably make this trip but will only go half way as my jeep cant do the return trip from Tahoe anymore... shes just not street friendly.

AW

AgitatedPancake
04-25-2007, 02:56 AM
How hard is it to get back to loon from the tahoe exit?

AprilzWarrior
04-25-2007, 11:03 AM
How hard is it to get back to loon from the tahoe exit?

Ice House road is a good 20-30min drive alone from the Freeway. Not to mention the drive back around from Tahoe stageing area...

Theres not a whole lot past Buck anyway... Cadillac, and Big Sluice I believe, with lots of fire trail like spots... ALL the harder stuff is most of the way till buck and lil sluice.

Cue-Ball
04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Gonna try to make it also. If anyone needs a ride back to pick up a tow rig or something no problem I can taxi you back.

Cue-Ball
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Damn just realized that is the same weekend as the WEROCK Grand Nationals in Boyd, Tx.

I was going to try and make it out there for that, so we shall see as it gets a little closer.

nate
04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
The Jeep is street legal, though top speed is about 65mph MAX.

So does the trail take 3 days to do?

Camping anywhere?

Cue-Ball
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I have to be honest it has been a LONG LONG time since I did ANY camping, so i will have to see what kind of gear I still have if any.

nate
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
So what do you do, run the trail all in 1 day and do it back again?

I'm not sure I understand this Rubicon trail... I was thinking it would take 2 or 3 days to cover the trail.

I'm all about camping. That's pretty much the reason I wheel is to go camping.

Cue-Ball
04-25-2007, 06:28 PM
I have not done the Con so I am not sure, I am pretty sure it takes 2-3 days and you camp out along the way.

AgitatedPancake
04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
We did it in 3 days, two nights, at that rate its a good leisurely pace that you can stop, chat, break something, etc.

nate
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
How many people "no shit" are going to be going?

If I go to the Rubicon, I will probably cancel my Moab trip. My brother is going to be flying in from Maine to come.

So if I commit, it's going to cost me time and money, same for my brother. I CANNOT have it Can Xed cause everyone backs out.

fredr1980
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm down to go this year, my rig is finally all set up (full skids, sliders, winch, f/r lockers) I might just even pick up some new 33" MT/R's in a couple of months or so for this one...

Fred R.

Cue-Ball
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM

If I go to the Rubicon, I will probably cancel my Moab trip. My brother is going to be flying in from Maine to come.

So if I commit, it's going to cost me time and money, same for my brother. I CANNOT have it Can Xed cause everyone backs out.

Nate I completely understand you point.

I can say right now I am 90%, I will discuss more with the wife this weekend and should be able to confirm this weekend or early next week.

Dirk

H3RESQ
04-26-2007, 03:56 AM

As for "no shit" I would day Ron and me. That's it. Ron had lots of "I'm going's" right till we left last year so you will just have to decide if YOU want to run the Con.

Last year with Ron, Kevin and me it took us one day to get to the park. We hung out Fri night, all Saturday and headed out Sunday morning. It's a easy trail but like always you just never know what might happen. 1 major break can lose a 1/2 day so just plan to go and enjoy the scenery, weather, other GC owners and some camping. Aprils right most of the trail is before the park. So if you decide to head back to Loon lake when the rest head out it won't be a big deal. You will still be with the group for most of the trip.

nate
04-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah. I may end up doing Rubicon and Moab maybe. All depends on the finances and work.

Cue-Ball
04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Count me in as confirmed.

I spoke to my wife this weekend and she was fine with it. I will put in for that Friday off work this week.

As we get closer I will need to coordinate with the people that are going as to what camping gear I need to bring as I will need to borrow most of it from some friends of ours, but should not be a problem.

Dirk

H2ORodeo
04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Right in my backyard! count me in. Those dates are solid?
IMO, if your rig is street friendly, leave truck and trailer at the staging area on the tahoe side ( homewood). I've done it several times. There's usually so many folks in jeeps, toys, quads,etc, around that securty isn't TOO much of a concern.
From Homewood, drive around to loon and when you finish up the trail your tow rig is waitng for ya.
The trail is far from done after you get to the springs. Cadillac can be a real B*&ch depending on the previous winter. and between cadillac and the staging area I've seen plenty of carnage. As with any trail, luck favors the prepared! I've seen guys in buggies run the trail in 6 hours. I always take a day to get to the springs and a day to head out. No need to rush.....it shakes the beer up something awful............:mrgreen:

SLC_ZJ
05-06-2007, 04:17 AM
How built does a ZJ need to be to make it through the Rubicon? Can you make it with 4.5in lift, rear locker, and 31's?

AprilzWarrior
05-06-2007, 10:31 AM
31s can do it with more damage.... I ran it on 33" with almost no damage. It gets more technical with smaller tires.

H3RESQ
05-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I agree, expect some damage. Yes you will make it through. We wouldn't leave anyone behind. Oh and sliders would be a must with 31's

I would highly recomend 33's as a minimum,

KevinF
05-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I have scheduled it, and will be bringing the GF as well as one of my guys at the shop, Dan.

Kevin

H3RESQ
05-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I have scheduled it, and will be bringing the GF as well as one of my guys at the shop, Dan.

Kevin

Looking forward to catching up Kevin, you replace that peice of pipe yet? lol

Cue-Ball
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Yea Kevin you and I have some catching up to do as well (if you know what I mean).

Dirk

H3RESQ
05-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Yea Kevin you and I have some catching up to do as well (if you know what I mean).

Dirk

That just sounds wrong.

I assume it's not this:smt058 Don't know Dirk, but don't think Kevin does this. :weedman: Could be this kinda stuff, but Kevin's fairly mature:fart: So I sure hope it's just this.:partyman:

Cue-Ball
05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Why you got to go there man. Nothing like that at all.

H3RESQ
05-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Why you got to go there man. Nothing like that at all.

No offense meant. Just havin' fun

SLC_ZJ
05-07-2007, 04:52 AM
well, maybe I'll have my 33's on by then. think I would break an axle with my 3.73's? I carry extras.

Cue-Ball
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
No offense meant. Just havin' fun

No worries.

AgitatedPancake
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
well, maybe I'll have my 33's on by then. think I would break an axle with my 3.73's? I carry extras.

What rear? I've ran it with my open D30 and locked D44a without problems, but my last time out I snapped pass side CV.

KevinF
05-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Looking forward to catching up Kevin, you replace that peice of pipe yet? lol

I actually have two of them in the back now, lol, but thank you for reminding me.

Kevin

KevinF
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Dirk

Ummm...I'm not following.

H2ORodeo
05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Since this is in my neck of the woods, If there's any "preparatory" work that might need to be done I'm certainly willing to lend a hand.
Anybody bringing their kids? I hadn't planned on it, but if there's other families wheelin' I might let my in-laws off the hook........................maybe.:D

Cue-Ball
05-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Ummm...I'm not following.

Well in that case I guess we are all good.

Cue-Ball
05-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Since this is in my neck of the woods, If there's any "preparatory" work that might need to be done I'm certainly willing to lend a hand.
Anybody bringing their kids? I hadn't planned on it, but if there's other families wheelin' I might let my in-laws off the hook........................maybe.:D

I will probably be solo as I think the kids will be in school by then.

Dirk

Northtrails
05-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Just blocked the dates. :smt023

goldensd
05-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I've scheduled and plan to be there as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

KevinF
05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Ron:
Make sure you put me down on the sponsor's list. I'll be giving away (2) $50 gift certificates to KOR to help support the run and up the kitty.

Thanks,
Kevin

Cue-Ball
05-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Ron:
Make sure you put me down on the sponsor's list. I'll be giving away (2) $50 gift certificates to KOR to help support the run and up the kitty.

Thanks,
Kevin

Put me down also, not sure what I'll give, but I'll come up with something by then.

Dirk

H3RESQ
05-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Like I said before I'll bring the GSR2007 stickers

i'll need to get an idea of how many are really coming as it gets closer.

MBATF
05-15-2007, 04:04 AM
I will be there for sure! Even if somehow my rig is out of service...I will just rid along with someone:D

Sandy R
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
How built does a ZJ need to be to make it through the Rubicon? Can you make it with 4.5in lift, rear locker, and 31's?

I did it in '99 with a 3-1/2" lift on 31s. Got one small dent on the Big Sluice and knocked my tailpipe around. Just make certain that you have skid plates, rocker protection and tow points front and rear. A traction device or two would be appreciated also.

AprilzWarrior
05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Sandy will you be there ?

I put it on my calendar.:D

Cue-Ball
05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
As it gets closer I am sure us Bay Area guys will figure out a carovan or something so we can all head up together.

Dirk

Sandy R
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Sandy will you be there ?

In my dreams ... & spirit. Man how I would love to run in a small group of Grands with these guys and see you and your beast in person but I just can't free up from the family business very easy. It's too small.

Isn't funny how things change? Back in the early 2000s you hung out around my place watching my beast get built and now it is mini-beast compared to what you have put together.

AprilzWarrior
05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
In my dreams ... & spirit. Man how I would love to run in a small group of Grands with these guys and see you and your beast in person but I just can't free up from the family business very easy. It's too small.

Isn't funny how things change? Back in the early 2000s you hung out around my place watching my beast get built and now it is mini-beast compared to what you have put together.

Its so true !

scubatch2
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
sounds like fun,i think I can make this one.it will be nice to wheel w/some grands for a change!

Northtrails
06-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Teaser pics, I was there 2 weekends ago.

Pics by friends David, Jay, BC, and Mark:

In no particular order:
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=42;im age
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=44;im age
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=48;im age
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=51;im age
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/cajay4x4/Rubicon%20June%2007/100_2799.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/cajay4x4/Rubicon%20June%2007/100_3018.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/cajay4x4/Rubicon%20June%2007/100_3049.jpg
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=96;im age
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=101;i mage
http://www.jeepcoop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133.0;attach=104;i mage
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d824b3127cce84bc198c6c8200000026108AaNmrVu0ZNs

H3RESQ
06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Looking good. White looks great.

Northtrails
06-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks Jason.

We had a great time, ran the trail from Loon to Tahoe, camped by Buck. The weather was perfect, sunny days/cool nights.

WhiteWhale did good, 2 new dents going down old sluice, but no serious carnage. Even had mud this time around:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/CON_0603.jpg

Looking forward to running it again in Sept. :)

Saulo

Tommy
07-09-2007, 06:11 PM
It would be cool as hell to run this trail with you guys. I am going to be up in Fordyce that same week, the 8th to the 16th. Makes me want to change my plans a bit and run the Rubicon the last few days.

Cue-Ball
07-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Well I may end up having to cancel after all.

I was going to blow off the WEROCK Grand Nationals in Texas that weekend, but at the last comp. in Donner the guys from Red Bull specifically asked me to be there, one of their mechanics even said I could stay with him at his dad's place, so since they are the biggest team I am involved with I really need to go to Texas.

I am not 100% yet I need to figure a few things out still, but will keep you posted.

Of course knowing Tommy will be there makes it an even harder decision.

Dirk

AprilzWarrior
07-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Fordyce is closed, due to the fires.

H3RESQ
07-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Dirk,

Were you in Donner? I was there all weekend.

Jason.

Cue-Ball
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes I was there on Sat.

I was hanging with the Red Bull guys/gal, and Marc Thursont and his group for most of the day. I also spent quite a bit of time in the Rock-Wear booth talking with them about doing shirts for me.

Dirk

goldensd
07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Fordyce is closed, due to the fires.

Just read the info on that, seems a bit over the top. I was just up in that area playing around and camping after attending W.E. Rock, and was actually very surprised at how green and moist most stuff was. It is still dry, but at that elevation, it really didn't seem any drier than previous years.

I bet that has really put a damper on Sierra Trek plans.

Sure hope Eldorado doesn't follow suit and ruin GSR for us.

Tommy
07-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Damn....

Well if GSR is still going on I will be around there.

wheelnzj
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
2007 Grand Slam Rubicon is still a go !!!

H3RESQ
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, it kept me from Moab and now it's going to keep me from GSR2007.

I was in Donner the week before Moab for the Axial west coast championships(remote control rock crawling event)...I got 3rd in Super and had major breakage in 2.2

Now I'm off to Nationals(in Moab of all places.LOL) the weekend before GSR2007. Wish me luck and accept my apologies for not being able to make GSR this year.

I still plan to make the GSR2007 stickers so I'll be sure to mail them to Ron with plenty of time to spare.

Ron, wish I could be there, have a margarita for me. -Jason.

H2ORodeo
08-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Alas, I will not be able to make it now either. Not because of schedule conflict, but because i have no rig! I'll have pics for you in the days to come. But I managed to roll the zeej 3 times w/e before last. Not alot left but the running gear, which is in great shape. the body though.......:(

AprilzWarrior
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Alas, I will not be able to make it now either. Not because of schedule conflict, but because i have no rig! I'll have pics for you in the days to come. But I managed to roll the zeej 3 times w/e before last. Not alot left but the running gear, which is in great shape. the body though.......:(

Yeoow... that will leave a mark ! Are you ok ?

H2ORodeo
08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, everyone is o.k. I walked away with some bruised ribs and a knot on the head. My passenger ( first time wheeler) bruised his back. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt:screwy: ....needless to say he hasn't been in a vehicle without one on since:D .

Here's the zeej about a half hour before the roll......

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q175/H2ORodeo/jeepwhole.jpg

And later that morning........

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q175/H2ORodeo/jeephalf1.jpg

The beauty of this story lies in my buddies we were out with....While we were at the hospital getting checked out, they DROVE:best: the heep off the trail, loaded it on a trailer, got it up to our shop and started swapping peices of it onto one of our unfinished project TJ's and we still made the Jeepers Jambo on the 'con three days later!

wheelnzj
08-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Dude, glad everyone is OK. Sorry to hear about your Jeep and that your going to miss GSR 2007. I wish you would have said hi at Jeepers Jamboree.
Ron

P.S. HAN this weekend!

FOR EVERYONE ELSE- SEE YA ON THE CON!

H2ORodeo
08-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I would have! the only ZJ I saw was the TNT Customs guys. Where'd you camp? We were right behind the helo pad. Had a silver rubicon, a 79 land cruiser on 37's, a yj on 37's and my "loaner" a blue TJ on 35's.......

Cue-Ball
08-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Just so everyone knows I will NOT be attending after all this year.

I am holding a HUGE fundraiser for Zach Yost down in Texas at the W.E.Rock Grand Nationals so unfortunately I will not be on the Con to support Nor Cal.

But any of you going to the Grand Nationals stop by the Zach Yost Donation booth and say hi.

KevinF
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Ron:
Well, here comes another cancellation, unfortunately. I wrecked my Excursion (the tow rig) on Friday night (it's completely undrivable), and am not sure that a 2000+ mile round trip at highway speeds on the old ZJ with bad tires and a bad diff whine is the smartest move, so it looks like Monika and I are going to have to back out this year, unfortunately. She's REALLY heartbroken about it...she loved being up there last year.

Let me be the first to turn in my reservation for 2008, however. I just don't feel as if rushing the body shop guy to get things done in three weeks is in my best interest, especially having the maiden voyage on the rig being hauling a 7500+ lb trailer 2k miles round trip.

Sorry, my friend.

Kevin

Cody
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
bummer Kev, sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok.

I'm going to do the Con next year come hell or high water so I'll toss my hat in there for 09 as well.

MBATF
08-27-2007, 05:19 AM
So. How many people or rigs do we have so far that are going to the GSR???

Colorado 5.9
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
2009? What the hell happened to 2008?

wheelnzj
08-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Kevin. Hope everyone is OK!
Ya, One year at a time please. The years already go by too fast.
Sooooo How many people are coming ???
I need a head count. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Ron

P.S. I just ran the con this weekend, it was great !!!

P.S.S. Please see the thread under land use-Save the Rubicon-Fill it out and send it in, Please, Please, Please !!!

goldensd
08-28-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm in for sure, My brother is coming out from Indiana, and I'll most likely have another ride along as well. Can't wait...

MBATF
08-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Maybe we should start a poll and get the correct head counts from that?

KevinF
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
2009? What the hell happened to 2008?

LOL. Duly noted, and edited. Evidently I can't wait until I get old, and keep skipping years of youth.

Kevin

KevinF
08-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Kevin. Hope everyone is OK!!!!

Yeah, I'm fine. That Super Duty frame held up nicely to my assault with a concrete barrier. Some jackass stalled out in the right lane of the intersection, barely into the crosswalk. I swapped into the middle lane, and right when I went to turn in front of him, he started accellerating suddenly, and to avoid hitting him, I swerved, lost traction on the front left tire, and then when I hit the brakes, the ABS decided that one tire slipping was enough, and "let" me hit the wall. Had I had a good old-fashioned Hydroboost without ABS, I'm pretty certain that I could have avoided contact with the barrier. So much for high-tech braking. I pulled the bulb and the relay on my Jeep, and like it MUCH better that I can lock up all four tires if I need to. The distance it takes to brake is far superior as well.

It's about $7k worth of damage to the Ex...poor thing.

Kevin

Tommy
09-05-2007, 06:50 PM
I am leaving for the CON on Monday. I got the whole week off to screw around up there a few days before GSR. If anybody wants to join us you are more than welcome to. I plan on running half a day with you guys on friday, I need to be back in SD on Saturday unless I get a hall pass from the wife.

Cue-Ball
09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Have a great time, wish I could make it but the Grand Nationals had to take a priority this year.

Tommy
09-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Have a great time, wish I could make it but the Grand Nationals had to take a priority this year.

Maybe next year. Have fun in Texas.

Tommy
09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I think I am reading this correctly. No fires except for at Loon lake.

Fire Restrictions: Due to extreme fire danger the fire restrictions have changed as of August 6, 2007.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/local-resources/images/0503campfire-no.jpg http://www.fs.fed.us/common/images/i_spcr01.gif
As of August 6, the only facilities still exempted from fire restrictions are those that have running water and a host. See order and exemption list below for specific information.
Restrictions can vary from forest to forest check with the local forest where you are traveling for their current restrictions. If you have questions regarding current restrictions on the Eldorado and their effect on your plans please check with any Eldorado National Forest office.
How are Fire Restrictions Determined?
Fire hazard is determined by the fuel moisture content in an area (the amount of moisture present in the surrounding trees and brush) and by local weather patterns, which include the temperature, the prevailing winds, and the relative humidity.
Current Forest Conditions
This winter the Eldorado received less than 50% of it's normal precipitation. This is the earliest the Forest has ever entered into fire restrictions. The forest is dry and it will only become drier as the summer season progresses. Please be very careful out there. Do your part and pass this information on to your fellow campers.
For the Eldorado National Forest:

ORDER NUMBER 03-07-07 (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/documents/forestorder/enf_fire_rx2_2007.pdf) (pdf)
*FIRE RESTRICTIONS*
ELDORADO NATIONAL FOREST
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), and to protect public safety and natural resources, the following acts are prohibited within the Eldorado National Forest. This order is effective from August 6, 2007, through the end of the official 2007 fire season.

Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire, except within the stoves and fire rings provided in the designated exempt sites shown on Exhibit A (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/conditions/fire-restrictions/#exempt). 36 CFR 261.52(a).
Possessing, discharging or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device. 36 CFR 261.52(f).
Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, within the designated exempt sites shown on Exhibit A, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material. 36 CFR 261.52(d).
Operating an internal combustion engine off National Forest System roads and National Forest System trails, except for boats or dredges on a water surface. 36 CFR 261.52(h).
Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with an open flame. 36 CFR 261.52(i).
Using an explosive. 36 CFR 261.52(b).Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:

Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission. Persons with a valid Wilderness Permit or a valid California Campfire Permit are NOT exempt from the prohibitions listed above. However, persons with a valid California Campfire Permit, or a valid Wilderness Permit, may use a portable stove or lantern that uses gas, jellied petroleum, or pressurized liquid fuel.
Persons with a valid Forest Product Removal Permit (firewood permit) from the Eldorado National Forest may cut firewood provided that the cutting of the firewood is done in compliance with the terms of the permit.These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.

Executed in Placerville, California, this 6th day of August, 2007.
/s/ Ramiro Villalvazo
Ramiro Villalvazo
Forest Supervisor
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both. 16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.
This Order supercedes Forest Order 03-07-06, dated June 18, 2007.
Eldorado National Forest
Fire Restrictions 2007
Order Number: 03-07-07
Exhibit A
Eldorado National Forest Designated Exempt Sites

Amador Ranger District

Bear River Campground
Caples Lake Campground
Camp Winton (Boy Scouts of America)
Camp Silverado (Boy Scouts of America)
Kirkwood Campground
Kit Carson Lodge
Pardoes Point Campground and Picnic Area
Pipi Campground and Picnic Area
Silver Lake East Campground
South Shore Campground
Sugar Pine Point Campground
Two-Sentinels Girl Scout Camp
Stockton Municipal Camp
Woods Lake Picnic Area and Campground
Georgetown Ranger District

Black Oak Campground
Stumpy Meadows Campground and Boat Ramp
Pacific Ranger District

Crystal Administrative Site
Fashoda Campground and Picnic Area
Gerle Creek Picnic Area and Campground
Ice House Picnic Area, Campground, and Boat Ramp
Loon Lake Picnic Area, Campground, Equestrian Campground, Groups 1-3 Campgrounds, Boat Ramp, and Trailhead
Sunset Campground
Wench Creek Campground, Groups 1 and 2
Wolf Creek Campgrounds
Wrights Lake Picnic Area, Campground, Equestrian Campground, and Trailheads
Yellowjacket Campground
Placerville Ranger District

Bridal Veil Picnic Area
Camp Sacramento
Capps Crossing Campground
China Flat Campground
Sand Flat Campground
Sierra Pines Baptist Camp
Silver Fork Campground

goldensd
09-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Yep, the restrictions have been up for quite a while. Legally, gas stove are about it. In some secluded areas I've been this summer, we've still had a small fire (with proper precautions) without much worry. But I'd say with the amount of people/rangers around the Rubicon area, it would probably be pretty risky.

I've even heard in Tahoe National, they've started completely closing areas. Dry summers suck, but it seems pretty typical that by this time of year they implement the restrictions to some degree, just a bit drier this year.

AgitatedPancake
09-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry about the short notice, but im going to have to pass on this trip guys. I'm going to be (hopefully, if osmething doesnt ocme up again) making a trip in october, but problems at work got in th eway of this one.

MBATF
09-07-2007, 10:21 PM
...:smt092

wheelnzj
09-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Sorry that some of you will not be able to attend. I have heard from a few people but I still need to hear from everyone planning to attend.

Thanks,
Ron

Friday- 8:00 am Meet a Loon Lake Dam/Overspill
Saturday- Trail
Sunday- Leave Rubicon Springs around noon and come out at Lake Tahoe around 5:00 pm.

Northtrails
09-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey Ron, I will see you on the trail. I will be taking a few days off before the run and will be coming from the Tahoe side.

Saulo

MBATF
09-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I will see you there on Thursday. I should be leaving between 12-3pm

I am the king of lagging.:smt029

goldensd
09-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Sorry that some of you will not be able to attend. I have heard from a few people but I still need to hear from everyone planning to attend.

I'm still in.

Ron... PM'd you for meet up.

goldensd
09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Just wanted to send out a huge thanks to Ron for leading the way through the 'con for me.

It was too bad that no one else could make the trip with us as we had a pretty awesome trip through.

We did have a quick chance to meet Tommy and a few other guys on here along the way, and it was great to get the chance to meet you guys as well, and was to bad we didn't get a chance to run together, but maybe next time.

For those of you that always want to make it, but don't, start getting ready now, and get there next year as it is a great trip, and Ron does a great job of putting it together, leading the way through, and just made it an all around great time on the trail and in camp.

A big thanks to Ron for putting it together and making it a great trip.

And for those of you that are wondering, we pretty well left the carnage for all of the 'yotas on the trail (it was the Marlin Crawlers event last weekend), and didn't have any breakdowns, and only a few minor dents and scratches on my ZJ.

I've got a few vids, I'll try to get on when I get a chance.

MBATF
09-19-2007, 01:45 AM
My rig has no perfect body panel left on it:smt022

KevinF
09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Just wanted to send out a huge thanks to Ron for leading the way through the 'con for me. <snip>

For those of you that always want to make it, but don't, start getting ready now, and get there next year as it is a great trip, and Ron does a great job of putting it together, leading the way through, and just made it an all around great time on the trail and in camp.

A big thanks to Ron for putting it together and making it a great trip. <snip>

I've got a few vids, I'll try to get on when I get a chance.

Ron did an AMAZING job last year of leading Jason and I along in tow, and Monika and I had a GREAT time. We were really looking forward to going this year also, but without a tow rig, it would be an ugly trip up and back, I'm afraid. I'm glad you guys had a great time, and am looking forward to doing 2008 for certain...assuming no stalled cars attack me two weeks before having to leave again, lol.

Looking forward to seeing the pix and the vid.

Chat soon,
Kevin

Northtrails
09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
My rig has no perfect body panel left on it:smt022

That's from following my lines :D :smt038

Ron, it was great to meet you on the trail, albeit a quick encouter.
Goldensd, great job on Big Sluice.

Saulo

Tommy
09-20-2007, 01:59 PM
That's from following my lines :D :smt038

Ron, it was great to meet you on the trail, albeit a quick encouter.
Goldensd, great job on Big Sluice.

Saulo

PIC's please?

It was nice getting to meet you guys as well. Sorry I wasn't able to run with you guys, I was a little beat from the week I was there and I didn't get home till about 9 pm that night. My ZJ needs some tending to as well......

If you make down for TDS give me a call...

goldensd
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Finally, got the camera downloaded and cleaned up a bit. First time doing that so it took quite a while to figure it all out. Anyway, here is what I had on my tape. Found out that we evidently drove straight through too much, as my tape didn't really have that much of the good stuff on it, but there are a few decent clips on here.

It seemed like we were always getting through obstacles, and then realizing we should have had the camera going, but oh well. Guess if you guys really want a good picture, you'll have to join us next year.

Here you go, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msjIQKiq2LY

H3RESQ
09-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Really wish I could have been there guys, hopefully next year. I'm stopping by my sticker guys shop soon. I'll have the 07 stickers printed up and have Ron give me a "who made it list" and try to pm those people(and the 4X4oilguy :) ) and send the stickers out.
They will look like the 06 stickers just say 07 for this year.
Hope to see you guys and others next year.

Jason.

H3RESQ
11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Well I got some GSR2007 stickers made up.(finally.LOL.) Anyone who went to the event should pm there address and I'll send a sticker. They are the same as last years but with 07 instead of 06.

Jason.

5.9 ANDY
12-10-2007, 09:59 PM
i would LOVE to go on the next trip, i live like 1 hour away from the gates. is it known when the next trip will be?

wheelnzj
01-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi,

I am looking at Sept. 5,6 & 7, 2008 for GSR 2008.
Hope to see ya on the trail.

Ron